Chapter 1

Something More Than Love

SinB watched as Destiny Dance Studio’s top instructor, Kim Hyoyeon, was demonstrating her newest choreography set to the sensual sounds of Rihanna’s “Do Ya Thang.” With her eyes focused on every footstep and body movement, SinB had to admit that this was some of Hyoyeon’s best work yet.

 

As immersed as she was, the dream she had the night before kept flashing back in her mind.

 

That demonic voice. Those red eyes. Those razor sharp teeth that swallowed her whole without a fighting chance.

 

Admit to your sins!

 

“SinB!”

 

The worried voice of her friend, Sowon, snapped her away from her thoughts. The song was already over and Hyoyeon was teaching some of the dance moves to a small, enthusiastic group. SinB’s two dearest friends, Sowon and Yuju, were right by her side and looking a bit uneasy.

 

“Are you feeling okay?” Yuju piped up, taking SinB’s hand and giving it a little squeeze.

 

SinB released a breath and put on her biggest smile, hoping to release the tension from her friends. “Yeah, of course. Why wouldn't I be?” She ended with a small shrug.

 

“Well, you were staring at the floor and zoning out for forever,” Sowon, the mom of the group, quipped back.

 

“I was just thinking about the choreography and how short it's gonna take me to master it.” SinB smiled back at them mischievously before walking towards the group of dancers mimicking Hyoyeon.

 

“Really? Because it looked like you were having a nightmare during the day,” Sowon replied as she and Yuju slowly followed SinB.

 

“Trust me, guys. You have nothing to worry about.” SinB focused on Hyoyeon and cheered when she executed the most perfect body wave.

 

The studio doors opened as Kwon Boa, the owner of Destiny Dance Studio, walked in with a girl trailing close behind. Everyone in the room stopped what they were doing and put their attention to their dancing idol.

 

“Class,” Boa announced, “we have a new member enrolled today. I would like to introduce you all to Jung Yerin. Please, give her a warm welcome.”

 

Boa stepped aside and Yerin stepped up to introduce herself. Yerin wore a yellow, loose-fitting shirt with blue shorts, and her hair was in a messy top bun.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo. Jeoneun Jung Yerin-imnida. Please, take care of me!” Yerin bowed and gave the class a bashful eye smile which caused everyone to smile and clap graciously.

 

“Wow. She's so pretty.” Sowon whispered to her friends among all the cheers.

 

“Her smile is so cute,” Yuju agreed, in awe of the new girl.

 

SinB had her arms crossed and lips pursed, unsure what to think about Yerin.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Yerin,” Hyoyeon greeted her. “How about you join one of our best dancers, SinB, and her friends over there. I'm sure they'll be glad to help you with learning the choreography.”

 

Yuju and Sowon brightly smiled, nodding their heads and urging for Yerin to come join them.

 

As Yerin was walking towards the trio, SinB noticed that the girl was mainly staring directly at her. Although skeptical at first, SinB couldn't help but note her adorable cheeks and her smooth complexion. With every step Yerin took, SinB could feel the heat rising in her own cheeks.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo.” Yerin formally bowed and returned with a charming smile.

 

Sowon and Yuju politely returned the bow, but SinB continued to stand there with her arms crossed and slightly gaping open.

 

Noticing her friend’s informal behavior, Sowon elbowed SinB’s arm causing her to remember her manners. Letting her arms go freely to her sides, SinB bowed, hoping to conceal her flustered face.

 

When she stood back up, a deep pink blush was visible on her cheeks. Yuju and Sowon bursted out laughing at the sight of SinB who was usually cool and overconfident. Now, she looked like a schoolgirl who put on too much makeup to impress a crush.

 

Sowon playfully ruffled the back of SinB’s hair before taking Yerin’s hand. “Come on. We’ll teach you the warm up practices,” Sowon said before walking the new girl over to an empty spot on the dancefloor.

 

Yuju, still laughing, gave SinB a couple sympathetic pats on the back before jogging to Sowon’s side.

 

SinB was left alone in the middle of the practice room, the blush slowly subsiding. She had no idea what came over her. Never in her life had she became overwhelmed with feelings towards a person she just met. Before she had the chance to timidly walk towards her friends, SinB saw the gentle eyes of Yerin looking back at her. Yerin gave SinB a discrete wink before returning her attention to Sowon and Yuju who were goofing around.

 

The blush appeared again.