Chapter 17

Something More Than Love

Author’s Note: Hey everybody! Sorry for the late update. This chapter is quite long and it was a bit difficult for me to write a couple of the scenes. All I can say is just prepare yourself… But, please enjoy and another big thank you to all the people who read and subscribed to this fic!


 

It was half-past twelve at night. SinB, Yuju, and Sowon currently waited in the living room as the three vampires got ready. Despite the nerve-wracking atmosphere, Yuju managed to lighten the mood a bit by playing songs on the acoustic guitar that was conveniently displayed.

 

Amidst the calm strumming, Sowon and SinB frequently got into some light banter about each other’s love lives. But, the Tom and Jerry pair kept quiet as they listened to Yuju perform IU’s “Dreaming.” The young guitarist’s heavenly voice combined with the song’s serene lyrics immediately caused SinB to think about Yerin and the kiss they shared earlier. Though SinB promised herself to only think positive thoughts, she couldn’t help but wonder if that day was going to be the last time she’ll ever kiss those warm, soft lips.

 

Entering into the living room, Eunha and Umji presented the three humans with what Eunha called “a sure fire way to protect their necks from being bitten.” The trio took the object unenthusiastically.

 

“I don't want to sound rude, Umji-ssi,” Yuju carefully spoke, treading on her words, “but, what is this?” She held out the item in her hand which gave out a strong, pungent odor.

 

“The second best vampire repellent known to mankind,” Umji stated matter-of-factly, eyes filled with endearing innocence.

 

“Are you sure?” Sowon questioned with knitted eyebrows. “Because it looks like a piece of rope that has been shish kabobed with garlic cloves, to me.”  

 

“Excellent observation skills, Sowon-ssi,” Eunha chided.

 

“No offense, but are you sure it's really going to work?” Yuju asked as she continued to hold the necklace made out of garlic away from her nose.

 

“It may seem like a silly trope, but it is true that vampires are highly repulsed by garlic,” Eunha explained. “We would be using the first best repellent: a bracelet with a batwing charm hanging off of it. But, bats are so difficult to come by around this season. Garlic necklaces are the next effective thing. And frankly speaking, they're cheaper to make.”

 

“If vampires are so turned off by garlic, then how come you two don’t appear to be disgusted and unharmed?” Sowon asked curiously, also holding the necklace at a distance.

 

“It would take all the garlic in the world for me to ever be repulsed by a pretty face like yours, Sowon-ssi,” Eunha purred, taking a step closer to the taller girl. Sowon’s heart raced as her cheeks began to blush madly. “But, to be honest, I created an elixir that temporarily makes vampires immune to the effects of garlic. Umji, Yerin, and I are using it now.” Yuju nodded her head in understanding as Sowon tried to act cool even though her cheeks were completely flushed.  

 

While Eunha was conversing with Sowon and Yuju, Umji noticed an awfully quiet SinB sitting on the armrest of the couch. “How do you feel about the necklace, SinB-unnie?” Umji meekly asked the older girl who swung the necklace like a pendulum.

 

SinB gave the adorable girl a small smile. “Well, for one thing, it will definitely clash with my outfit,” she joked, causing Umji to release a giggle. “But, it’s nice to know I have something that will protect me from being chewed up by a vicious vampire.” She placed the smelly accessory around her neck and smiled at Umji again after situating it under her hair.

 

“Oddly enough, it suits you,” Yerin’s voice was heard as she walked down the stairs and into the living room. Her hair was up in her notable top bun and she wore an outfit that lacked any sense of camouflage one may think would be necessary for a nightly attack in the woods.

 

“I didn't know you had a thing for primary colors,” SinB noted her girlfriend’s red bomber jacket and yellow t-shirt. As cool and undeniably attractive Yerin looked in her apparel, SinB was slightly concerned for the older girl. There was no doubt that she would stick out like a sore thumb among the rest of them, becoming an easily discernible target.

 

Walking closer to the her girlfriend, Yerin flashed a cheerful eye smile.“Believe it or not, but I actually put in some sentimental thought into these colors,” Yerin admitted. “I chose yellow as a homage for Mr. Quack Quack. Red, on the other hand, represents you, SinB-ah.” The younger girl’s eye went wide in surprise. “Red is your favorite color, right?” The corner of her lips quirked into a warm smile.

 

“Right,” SinB shortly replied, grinning from the flattery. Her eyes darted away from Yerin’s dreamy stare as she shyly tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

 

“Don't get too emotional, SinB-ssi,” Eunha interrupted the sickening sweet couple’s moment. “You're not the first girl Yerin-ah has worn her heart on her sleeve for,” Eunha said lackadaisically as she took out a wooden stake from her holster around her waist and twirled it with conviction. Yerin looked at her friend with a face of disapproval. Eunha shot up an eyebrow as she clicked her tongue. “Just stating the facts,” she sneered before returning the pointy stake into the holster’s leathery interior.

 

“Don't worry about it. I know,” SinB reassured Yerin before she had the chance to apologize for Eunha’s behavior. The older girl’s expression softened in relief.

 

“Alright, everyone,” Yerin began, earning each vampire and human in the room their undivided attention, “I think it’s about that time to make our way to the woods. But first, let's go over our strategy. We’ll each pair off in three separate teams: Yuju-ssi with Umji-ya, Sowon-ssi with Eunha-ya, and SinB-ah with me. Yuju-ssi and Sowon-ssi will use the water guns to disorient Virgo’s minions while Umji-ya and Eunha-ya will be the ones to actually kill them off with their stakes. SinB and I will just go head to head with our attack and strike them when we can.”

 

Yerin looked at everyone’s solemn, weary faces. Sowon and Yuju put on their garlic necklaces as they readjust the Super Soaker sized water guns they had slung over their shoulders. Eunha and Umji made sure that their wooden stakes were safely secured.

 

“Whatever happens tonight,” Yerin spoke, “I just want to convey my utmost gratitude. Kamsahamnida.” She proceeded direct a ninety degree bow to each person in the room. “May we seize the night.”


 

“It sure is cold at this hour,” Yuju shivered, rubbing her hands together. She stuffed her hands into the pockets of her coat, but her body could not stop quivering.

 

The group was walking in the woods of the park in the middle of the night. All paired up, Yerin and SinB led the group as Yuju and Umji were right behind them, and Eunha and Sowon were trailing close behind.

 

“Do you want to use my scarf and mittens, Yuju-unnie?” Umji quietly offered the older girl.

 

“Are you sure you don’t need them?” Yuju replied, appreciative of the younger girl’s politeness, but concerned for her well-being. “I don’t want you to get sick or anything.”

 

Umji shook her head as she begun to unwrap the lavender scarf around her neck. “Vampires don’t get sick with the flu.  And, I’m not affected by the temperature.” Umji held up the scarf and Yuju bowed her head slightly, making it easier for the shorter girl to place the warm, knitted scarf over the taller girl’s shoulders. Swiftly she removed her mittens, giving it to Yuju with a shy smile.

 

Kamsahamnida, Umji-ssi,” Yuju thanked the younger girl with a cute grin, her teeth still chattering slightly. Umji averted her gaze to the ground to hide the pinkish hue on her cheeks.

 

“Umji-ssi is quite chivalrous,” Sowon whispered to Eunha, smiling at the innocent exchange before them.

 

“She learns it from Yerin,” Eunha, with her hands deep into the pockets on her trenchcoat, replied apathetically.

 

“I could tell,” Sowon responded, glancing at the composed Eunha who walked with poise beside her. Taking her freezing hands out of her pockets, Sowon rubbed them together hoping that the friction would create some warmth.

 

Side-eyeing the taller girl, Eunha smirked as an idea slipped into her mind. “My approach, though, is more direct,” Eunha said, taking Sowon’s hand and entwining it with her own. Sowon quickly tensed up only to be comforted by the much needed heat that was rising in her cheeks.

 

Up in front, SinB looked behind her to see how the rest of the group was doing. Eunha and Yuju were walking with nonchalance, while Sowon and Umji’s blushing faces were detectable under the glow of the moonlight. Facing forward, SinB looked down at hers and Yerin’s hands that were tightly holding onto one another. She gave Yerin’s hand a little squeeze which caused the older girl to directly look at her, a closed-mouth smile blossomed on her face.

 

“Looks like my friends are pleasantly enjoying the company of your friends,” SinB silently commented so that only Yerin could hear.

 

Taking a quick glance back, Yerin returned with a bright eye smile. “What can I say? It’s all part of our vampire magnetism,” she joked, earning a breathy laugh from SinB. As the younger girl’s laughter died down, Yerin’s demeanor became stoic. “Are you nervous?” she asked, staring down at the piles of fallen leaves surrounding them.

 

“Of course, I am,” SinB replied, wetting her dry lips. “How do these things usually play out for you?”

 

“They can be quite unpredictable, at times,” Yerin responded. “But, when it comes to vampires, one can expect that they’ll most likely bring an army with them. Based on our past few encounters with Virgo’s minions, it seems like the difficulty level will be somewhere between moderate and hard.”

 

“I’m pretty sure I can handle that,” SinB coolly commented with an overconfident smile.

 

Just before Yerin had the chance to answer back with a witty response, she came to an abrupt halt which made SinB and the rest of the group crash into each other from the unexpected pause.

 

“Yerin-ah, what is it?” SinB, brows furrowed, quizzically asked her girlfriend whose eyes were enraptured in the bleak darkness of the woods.

 

“Eunha-ya. Umji-ya. Do you hear something?” Yerin dismissed SinB’s question as her tone filled to the brim with worry.

 

“Yerin-ah,” Eunha addressed her friend, oblivious, “what are you talk...Wait, I think I hear it.” She held tighter to Sowon’s hand. “It’s like...like a…” Eunha tried to to explain the mysterious sound, but no words were able to form out of .

 

“Like the sound of the wings of an enormous group of bats soaring through the night,” Umji chimed in, speaking unusually rapidly and apprehensively. Her big, round eyes were glued to the sky, causing everyone to look up, as well.

 

Low and behold, the young girl was right. Dozens upon dozens of large bats were flapping their long wings, gliding towards the group at a mystifying speed.

 

Eyes wide, Yerin snapped herself out of her growing fear and yelled an ordered at her team, “Everyone, get down on the ground and cover your heads!”

 

The six girls quickly dropped to the ground, laying down on their stomachs. Using their hands as a shield for their heads, the group stayed in that position while the swarm of bats flew mere inches above them. The bats’ high-pitched squeaks and squabbles, tormented their ear drums. Each girl had no choice but to keep their position frozen and wait for the last bat to resound past them.

 

Once the woods returned to its usual sounds of crickets chirping and wind blowing through the leaves, Yerin took her hands away from her head before she pushed herself off the ground. Examining the perimeter, there wasn’t a vampire visible, but she could sense that she and her team were being watched.

 

“I think the coast is clear,” Yerin said, brushing the dirt off her clothes. “But, just in case, get your weapons ready.”

 

The remaining girls cautiously got up from the sea of dried foliage. Eunha, Umji, and SinB drawn out a single stake and held it securely in a tight fist. Fearlessness and determination were etched on all three girls’ faces. In contrast, Yuju and Sowon hastily swung their water gun to where they held it with both hands. A finger rested nervously on the trigger.

 

Yerin scanned the circumference of their surroundings for a second time. With the moon being the only source of light, it was difficult for any of the three humans to make out any figure unless they stood within their physical space. For the trio of vampires, though, seeing in the dark was as clear as day for them. Still, there were no signs of any creatures that go bump in the night.

 

Everyone was quiet.

 

Suddenly, the resonance of a tree branch snapping caused the attention of Yerin, Eunha, and Umji to look up at the mountainous trees which surrounded every corner. There, they saw perhaps more than a dozen vampires hanging upside down from treetop to treetop.

 

But, there was something extremely different about these supernatural beings compared to likes of a common vamp. It was as if Virgo’s minions took on the literal sense of “vampire bat.” Each creature had leathery wings sprouted out from their back. Their faces were severely scrunched up. Salivating mouths hanged open to reveal their sharp teeth. Black, beady eyes stared back down at the group hungrily.

 

Though SinB, Yuju, and Sowon could not clearly see the unpleasant appearance of these man-bat hybrids, they could sense that danger was about to strike at any moment. Sowon stood closer next to Eunha, Yuju huddled behind Umji, and SinB stood on equal ground next to Yerin.

 

“What’s going on?” Sowon whispered, precariously pointing the water gun to the sky.

 

“These guys aren't your typical case of vampires,” Yerin quietly answered, eyes shifting into an electric yellow.

 

“W-What's so different about them?” Yuju asked softly, stuttering from the ominous chill that ran up her spine.

 

“Well, for one thing, they're absolutely hideous,” Eunha replied as snarky and silently as she could. Her brown orbs transformed into emerald eyes that illuminated in the moonlight.

 

“Unnie, I think it would have been best if you kept that to yourself,” Umji’s meek voice rushed out of , eyes evolving into a periwinkle of a glow as the dozens of genetically engineered vampires swept down from the trees and towards the group of girls.

 

“Sowon-ssi! Yuju-ssi! Start spraying them, now!” Yerin ordered, swiftly taking out both of her stakes from her pockets. Ready to attack, she quickly kicked and punched the first two man-bats that landed in her presence.

 

Unable to clearly focus where to aim, Sowon and Yuju began to shoot anywhere and everywhere in the midnight sky. From the shrills and screeches of pain heard at various directions, the duo felt slightly confident that they were contributing to the team .

 

A large body of a man tumbled unconsciously to the ground, landing near Sowon’s feet. For the first time, she was able to really see the type of monstrosities she was dealing with. But, one glance at the man’s distorted face and inhuman anatomy made Sowon wish that she continued to fight blindly.

 

Without warning the half-man, half-bat beast grabbed onto her leg, claws tearing the fabric of her jeans and breaking her skin. Sowon released a sharp cry, causing a preoccupied Eunha to redirect her attention to the distressed human. Face filled with fury, Eunha stomped on the man-bat’s stomach, forcing him to let go of his hold. With all the fury in her heart, Eunha drove the wooden stake deep into the vampire’s chest. It wasn't long until his remains vanished away.

 

“Do you think you can hold on a little while longer?” Eunha spoke, concerned about the taller girl’s leg that was slowly seeping out blood. Sowon simply nodded her head as she aimed and successfully shot the next vampire that flew their way. Before the wretched beast could tumble toward them, Eunha jumped into the air and sliced into the vamp’s heart with her trusty stake. “Stay close,” she said, blowing a strand of hair away from her eyes.

 

“Yes, ma'am,” Sowon half-heartedly replied, impressed with Eunha’s skills.

 

On the other side, Yuju and Umji were back to back. Like an assembly line of kicking, Yuju would befuddle the vampire hybrid by shooting it with the garlic water. The two would, then, rotate and Umji would finish the deed with a direct strike to the heart.  

 

“These vampires are pretty scary looking!” Yuju yelled amongst the chaos. “But, they don't seem to be putting up much of a fight!” Managing to shoot one in the eye, Yuju tried not to gag at the sight of the monster’s eyeball bubbling like a chemical reaction gone bad.

 

“You're right, unnie!” Umji responded, punching a vampire before stabbing them. “There seems to be an endless supply of them!” She quickly ducked as one of the gigantic monsters swung its bulldozer of an arm at her head. “Unnie, stay here. I'll be back,” Umji said before jumping and climbing onto the wings of the vampire who tried to hit her. In a desperate attempt, the gargantuan man-bat violently smashed the younger girl onto the trunk of a nearby tree. Unharmed, Umji tightly s a arm around the girth of his neck, choking him. With the other arm, she plunged the stake directly where it's heart laid. Hanging onto a tree branch, Umji watched as the vampire disintegrated before jumping off and somersaulting to where Yuju was stationed at.

 

“Is everything alright?” Yuju asked when she noticed that Umji was back beside her.

 

“Yup,” Umji simply replied, stabbing the next vampire who came her way. “Just needed to take care of a pest.”

 

In the middle of the pandemonium, the Yerin and SinB couple worked together as a non-stop killing machine. Fists of fury and high-kicks galore. The vampire hybrids had no chance of beating the duo without getting clocked in the face or stomach followed by a plunge to the heart by the one thing that could kill them in an instant.

 

SinB looked above her head and saw dozens more of those despicable creatures crouching in the trees, waiting for their turn to strike. Amongst the hectic commotion, an idea crossed her mind.

 

“Yerin-ah, how about we take it to the next level,” SinB suggested, shielding herself from a vampire who tried to use its wings to smack her. Yerin swung her leg at the beast’s side. The impact was so harsh that SinB swore that she could hear the formidable monster’s ribs crack. In one rapid motion, SinB took her stake and drove it deep into the vampire’s chest. She and Yerin met eye to eye, panting from adrenaline that swept through their entire being. “Kill them at the source,” she breathed out, eyes darting upwards.

 

Like an electric current, Yerin’s eyes glowed brighter as her tongue nimbly glossed over her fangs. “Hop on my back,” she said with a smirk. SinB playfully ruffled her girlfriend’s bangs before promptly embracing her from behind. Yerin placed her hands securely underneath the crook of SinB’s legs and proceeded to lift the younger girl with ease. “Hold on tight,” Yerin whispered before jumping high into the mess of branches.

 

Settling on a branch that inhabited another man-bat hybrid, Yerin headbutted it, causing the creature to lose balance and fall backwards off the tree.

 

“What do have in mind?” Yerin said, steadying herself on the branch as she readjusted her grip on SinB.

 

“I was thinking that we could use this,” SinB replied, drawing out a black pistol she had hidden in the sleeve of her coat. Surprised, Yerin turned her head to meet the younger girl’s eyes. “Umji gave it to me earlier before we left the headquarters. It’s an invention she’s been working on. It’s like a B.B. gun, except the pellets have a highly concentrated mixture of garlic and holy water. There’s only twenty bullets, but if we get close enough to Virgo’s lackeys, there’s no way that I could miss.”

 

“I’ll use my speedy reflexes to get you closer to them,” Yerin spoke, comprehending the plan. “But, I think you might want to get your gun ready. Here’s one coming straight ahead,” she warned SinB. Though anxious, Yerin trusted her girlfriend’s abilities and instincts.

 

With one arm firmly grasping Yerin’s shoulders, SinB extended the arm holding the gun and aimed it at the ferocious vamp who was darting towards them. Pressing down on the trigger, the bullet soared through the air, hitting its broad chest with precision. The monster screeched in pain. Losing all its motor function, the vampire hybrid fell mid-flight to the ground, about several feet away from Umji. Noticing the gunshot wound, Umji finished the job by piercing a stake into the creature. She, then, looked up to the treetops and smiled when she spotted SinB using her gun prototype. It works, Umji-ya!, the young girl heard SinB yell overhead. She gave the older girl a thumbs up of approval before returning her attention to the next skirmish.

 

With the glimmering moon and Yerin’s helpful directions, SinB was able to shoot each vampire beast out of the safety of the trees and into the battleground where they soon met their doom. One by one, Virgo’s mutants dropped like flies during a July heatwave.

 

Though it seemed like the Sisters of the Night were winning, Yerin could not shake off the feeling that there was something far more dangerous in store. It was clear that these man-bat beasts were supposed to scare them to their wits’ end. But the monsters seemed to lack any skills to stand a chance against three vampires and three humans. Yerin glanced down at Sowon and Yuju who were both putting all their effort in assisting Eunha and Umji, respectively. But, there was no doubt that they were getting tired. And, poor Sowon must be using every ounce of her strength to fight the pain from her leg wound. The blood visibly stained through her jeans.

 

“Yerin-ah,” SinB spoke suddenly, bringing Yerin back to reality, “there’s one more vamp over there.” She pointed her gun to the direction of the beast who was hiding in the tree next to them. Yerin zoomed right up to the vampire and hovered in the air as she waited for SinB to fire the remaining bullet at the last of Virgo’s so-called army.

 

The monster landed on the ground with a harsh thud from the bullet penetrating its leg. Eunha, eyes green as marvelous emeralds, got down on her knees and took the liberty to spear her stake into the pitiful vampire’s chest. The creature obliterated into dust-like particles. Just as Eunha stood up, Yerin, who was still holding SinB piggyback style, gingerly alighted from the air and placed both feet on the ground next to the rest of the group.

 

“Is everyone alright?” Yerin asked, squatting to allow SinB to remove herself from her back.

 

“One of the monsters dug its filthy claw in Sowon-ssi’s leg,” Eunha divulged, clearly upset.

 

“But, I’m okay,” Sowon reassured, removing the water gun off her shoulder. “It doesn’t hurt that much and I can still walk.” She took a couple wobbly steps towards Eunha who quickly wrapped an arm around the girl’s waist to steady her.

 

“We’ll make sure to get your wound treated as soon as possible, Sowon-ssi,” Yerin informed the taller girl who gave her a small, appreciative closed-mouth smile. “I think it’s safe to say that we won the battle, but with Virgo not making an appearance, the war isn’t over, yet,” she admitted remorsefully. “Regardless, we should all head back to the headquarters to rest, refuel, and clean up.”

 

Surrounded by fatigued faces, Yerin began to lead the way. Heavy footsteps slowly followed her, and Yerin couldn’t help but feel guilty for the trouble she put her team through. They were only several paces away from the battle area when Yerin froze at the sound of the same fluttering noise she heard earlier, moments before those man-bats attacked them. Hastily turning her head around, Yerin’s eyes grew wide in shock and horror at the sight of dozens more of those monstrosities flapping their large, leathery wings and gliding towards them.

 

Confused by the sudden stop, SinB followed Yerin’s gaze and became equally appalled as gaped opened. Soon, everyone else turned around and looked up in the sky only to be dumbfounded.

 

“Y-Yerin-ah,” SinB addressed her girlfriend, eyes filled with a mixture of concern and panic.

 

That plea alone was enough for Yerin to do what she had to do. While the rest of the group was petrified with fear, she somehow found the nerve to run closer to the humongous flock of vampire hybrids. Gathering up all the energy she could, Yerin extended both of her arms out, generating a force field that was big enough to protect her precious SinB, her best-friend Eunha, her lovely Umji, the bravest humans in the world, Sowon and Yuju, and herself.

 

Unable to foresee the invisible barrier, the hideous creatures slammed jarringly into the force field, bouncing off like a rubber ball. With all her might, Yerin concentrated on keeping her powers prevalent. But, as the vampires deflected off her force field, she noticed that they would turn and fly away back into the night sky as if something, or someone, was calling for them.

 

Long after the last bunch of moronic minions who crashed into the undetectable obstacle, Yerin kept her arms extended, prolonging the force field. She looked back at the team. Each girl shared unreadable expressions. Her eyes met SinB’s whose brown orbs were watery with unfallen tears. The younger girl managed to form a small smile, causing Yerin to slowly lower her arms, and thus, releasing the effects of her power.

 

Exhaling a breath, Yerin took a step closer to the group. She wasn’t sure, but she felt quite shy at the moment. Her actually using her special power only occurred once in a blue moon.

 

While everyone else continued to stand still, SinB moved a tentative step forward towards Yerin. Then, another step. And, another step. Next thing she knew, she was briskly walking in the direction of her girlfriend.

 

The two were less than a yard apart, yet they didn’t feel complete until they found each other in one another’s warm embrace. Simultaneously, they both extended a hand out, desperately reaching out for each other.

 

Their fingers brushed ever so delicately…

 

Whoosh

 

What felt like a gust of wind disoriented SinB, forcing her to close her eyes momentarily. When she reopened them, Yerin was no longer there, no longer standing right in front of her.

 

“Yerin?” SinB called out in a state of utter puzzlement, eyebrows knitted to no end. “What happened?” she spun around to ask the rest of the group, voice frazzled.

 

“SinB-ssi,” Eunha spoke up, eyes filled with worry, “I think it may be Virgo.”

 

 

“Oof!” Yerin grunted as her back was thrown up against a tree. Her eyes were tightly shut, trying to maintain the mental image of SinB in her mind. But, she felt a cold, unfamiliar hand placed upon the left side of her face. Meanwhile, a sharp object, what she could assume to be a stake, stabbed into the right side of her torso, a mere centimeter below her rib cage. Though wanting to doubling down from the excruciating pain, the firm hand on her cheek kept Yerin from collapsing. With much trepidation, she forced her heavy eyelids to open and was met with none other than the bane of her existence.

 

“Jung Yerin,” Virgo, with a dashing grin on his smug face, addressed the frightened girl, “it’s been far too long.” Smiling cunningly, he twisted the stake deeper into Yerin’s side, eliciting a sharp cry filled with agony. A deep, low chuckle made a way out of his throat.

 

Even after all these years, Virgo was just as cruel as Yerin remembered. She quickly scanned his slicked back hair, his dark gray suit which matched with his soulless eyes, and his fluorescent white fangs that were pompously displayed.

 

His once jovial, arrogant demeanor suddenly turned serious as he looked deeper into Yerin’s weary eyes. Closing the minimal space between them, Virgo placed a rough kiss on Yerin’s trembling lips.

 

She hated it. Despised it with every fiber of her being. She wanted to punch Virgo in the face so hard that a fang could fall out from his awfully perfect row of teeth. But, the splitting pain in her side combined with her slowly losing consciousness disabled Yerin from acting on the matter.

 

At last, Virgo removed his cracked lips and calloused hand away from Yerin. His mouth warped into a devious smirk as he gave her a wink before super speeding away into the unknown.

 

Unable to endure the pain, Yerin slumped down to the ground, using the tree to support her back. She stared down at her stomach, the stake still implanted. Blood soaked through her yellow shirt, reminding Yerin of how Mr. Quack Quack looked when she opened that forsaken box.

 

With her strength quickly diminishing, Yerin hoarsely whispered the name of the one person she hoped that that worthless, conniving Virgo dare not touch.

 

“SinB…”

 

Her eyes drifted to a close.