Promise

Happily Ever After?

Tag: YoungMi

Date: 30 October 2016


 

What would happen if your loved one... wants to give up the most precious thing just to escape from it? What if she escapes but she not only loses the most precious thing... but also her loved ones too? 

YEAR 2002, DECEMBER 25

On that day, is when most people goes around shouting 'Merry Christmas' and singing Christmas corals. Little kids running around the thick white patch of snow, escaping from the incoming snowballs thrown at them, building a 3-tier snowman and decorating it with the usual scarf, acorn and sticks. 

Unfortunately, this little special girl was not able to enjoy it all. She rested her head on her crossed arm across the window in the white room. She pouted as she stared at the residents opposite enjoying their Christmas. But for her? She was admitted to hospital as she had pneumonia.

"What is my little darling thinking about?" Somebody stood beside the little girl and asked. She smiled at the doctor beside her and received a pat on the head from him.

"Nothing much doctor Yoon. Just wishing that I could be outside playing with my friends." The little girls replied. The doctor grinned and knelt down to be in level with her. He took out his wallet and showed her a picture of his family.

The little girl observed the picture and realized that there was one girl who is like her, on bed, attached to wires. But the only difference is that she is happy. Doctor Yoon noticed that Hayoung had raised and eyebrow then said, "This is my only daughter, Yoon Bomi. Really a nice kid but very notorious. Just like you, she is staying in the hospital. However, she had a weak heart since birth and could not play much with her friends. Let me bring you to her and allow you both to be friends okay?"

The little girl nodded her head as the doctor brings her to his daughter, who appears to be staying in the same hospital as her for now. When they arrived, an active girl, who looks exactly the same as the one in the picture, was talking on the phone.

"Daddy's here~" Doctor Yoon called.

The girl put down the phone and ran to the doctor, who let go of the little girls hand for a hug with his daughter. The little girl stared at the two people who were hugging and stood aside. The doctor's daughter saw the little girl and asked, "Daddy, who is this friend?"

"Bomi, this is Hayoung. I hope that you could be friends with her, okay?" Doctor Yoon introduced. Bomi gave her best smile to Hayoung and went forward for a handshake with Hayoung. That was the day whereby the two close friends, or should I say sisters first met.

YEAR 2016, AUGUST 12

"Yah unnie!" Hayoung shouted at Bomi, who was eating a bar of dark chocolate which Hayoung brought for herself. Well, lets not go into the topic on how the chocolate got into the hands mouth of Bomi's. "You should not be eating chocolate... take care of your health..."

"Blah blah blah... cancer this cancer that... what do you want me to eat? This freaking chocolate won't possibly make this stupid cancer in me die immediately." Bomi chewed on her chocolate. A few years after the two girls first met, the doctors scanned a tumour in Bomi's back. At first, it was a benign one, so they were not so afraid. However, as time goes, the doctors realized that it is a malignant one. From her back, it spreaded all the way to her liver. Luckily the treatment allowed her to be able to continue fighting through this deadly enemy.

After Hayoung got discharged, she frequently goes back to visit Bomi. But after she heard the news of Bomi having cancer, Hayoung was scared. Not because her best friend's chances of leaving her forever... but saying the wrong thing to her. There were many times whereby they fought because of what Hayoung herself had said. 

Even though Hayoung did not go back to visit her only childhood friend, she was able to received updates about Bomi frequently. It was until one time, whereby she stopped receiving these news. That was when Dr. Yoon accidentally got contacted by HIV and passed away. Hayoung was beyond worried. What will happen to Bomi, who will be staying in the hospital alone, with no family or friends around her? She then pursuaded herself that everything will be fine as Bomi is a strong girl.

YEAR 2016, NOVEMBER 18

Hayoung had been discharged for around 4 months and had to go back to the hospital for her out-patient diagnosis. Unlike the past few times she's been there, Dr. Yoon and Bomi were not there to greet her. Hayoung's smile faded away after going out of the doctor's office. She decided that she will go up to visit her long-time best friend.

She was about to enter the room when she heard a ruckus going on in Bomi's room. Hayoung slammed open the door, to see Bomi resisting the nurses to go for her chemotherapy.

"Bomi unnie!" Hayoung shouted.

Bomi cried and continued resisting. "I SAID I DON'T WANT TO GO FOR THE STUPID THERAPY!"

Hayoung then calmly went nearer to the nurses and told them to go out for a while. She pulled the chair near the bed and sat on it. She sighed and asked, "Unnie, why don't you want to go for the therapy? Your chances of healing is higher..."

"Higher? That is fantastic news Oh Hayoung, the person who disappeared after hearing that I've gotten the god's bomb for me. First of all, everyone around me keeps leaving. My mom passed away giving birth to me, my only best friend not coming to visit me after healing and reappeared suddenly and my father who passed away due to accidental contact of HIV! Secondly, god's bomb can never be removed. It can only be detoniated which means that I will only die..." Bomi replied while sobbing harder.

Hayoung felt guilty at that time. She did not realized that she was all Bomi had during the days in the hospital. Bomi had no friends, and her father had always been busy 24/7. Hayoung recollected her thoughts and said, "Unnie, I am sorry for not coming back to visit you ever since your condition gotten worse. It's just that I was worried... worried to say the wrong things to you."

Hayoung reached her hands towards Bomi's palm and held it softly. "But you see, we all cared about you. I am pretty sure Dr. Yoon would not be happy to see you wanting to give up your precious life just because you are lonely. The world out there is so much bigger than you could ever imagine. I promise you, I will bring you out to see the bigger world, to find your happiness and never feel like giving up your life anymore. But you must promise me that you will never give up..."

This time, Bomi looked at Hayoung with her puffy eyes and processed what Hayoung had said. Hayoung repeated the word 'promise' before Bomi nodded her head. Hayoung smiled and told the nurse that she is ready to go for her chemotherapy.

After a few more sessions, the bomb in Bomi was removed and she was able to live a better life. Just like Hayoung promised, she brought Bomi around Seoul on the day where she was discharged. Hayoung introduced her girlfriend, Namjoo, to Bomi and spend most of the time getting disturbed by the two. On the same day, Bomi got herself a gift. A gift called love when a certain girl name Chorong asked her out in a date.


A/N: Sorry that I did not write another October Halloween Horror special... was experiencing author's block while trying to think of one... anyways here is the update!

crazyBJ