Forever

Happily Ever After?

TAG: APINK

DATE: 20 SEPTEMBER 2016


 

You've promised...

 

 

You've promised that we will stay together till the end despite what happened...

 

 

You've promised that even if there is something, we will be one Apink...

 

 

But why did you choose to leave? You could've stayed...

 

-Bomi 041313

 

Unnie... I know that you've held in many thoughts. But why are you so selfish to keep it by yourself instead of sharing it with us? Do you know that all of us need you? This is the time of the year around last year whereby she left us. You've told us that we will not lose anyone anymore. Don't worry... we understand why...

 

-Namjoo 041313

 

'My Love, Look into my eyes, cause we are gonna be together. I will not let you go, even if this world ends.'

That was the lyrics of our song... you told us that nothing will seperate us and now you are leaving?

 

-Eunji  041313

 

These were the diary entries of three of Apink's member. These entries was written as one of the members had left them, without leaving a single message. The lives of Apink became shaky afterwards. No one to manage them properly, no one to take the initiative to advance. It was until their manager and CEO who pushed them for their comeback when they decided that it was time to let her go. So, who is the member who left?

 

3 years later...

 

"Girls, there is a new song written to you girls as a gift by composer Black Eyed Pilsung." Their producer announced. The girls clapped their hands and cheered when they knew that their favourite composer had composed for them. The producer then coughed to make them calm down and continued, "For the lyrics for another track, it is done by someone you know very well..."

The girls widened their eyes, shocked from the news received. "Seolma... is it true?"

Eunji asked. Their producer just nodded his head and concluded the meeting quickly. Apink then headed to their newly refurbished rest room. Silence engulfed the entire room as they stared at each other. Eunji made a slight cough and said, "If unnie is back, that means we can come together again..."

"But Eunji unnie, don't you remember what happened to her which makes her drop out of the group herself?" Hayoung brought our a fact as she stood in anger. Ever since Chorong left Apink for personal reasons, their mood has always been changing. Hayoung, who seldom get anger, would suddenly rage. Same as Bomi- the one who jokes around- is silent most of the time.You could say that Apink as a whole is suffering from depression.

The day whereby they record their tracks have arrived. One by one, the girls entered into the studio. Soon after Apink arrived, a farmiliar figure entered with a small stack of paper. When the girls saw each other, tears breamed in their eyes. Chorong, was wearing a mask and was obviously much thinner than before, spread her arms to get a hug. The girls then stood up and had a mini reunion hug.

"Unnie, are you feeling better now?" Naeun asked with concern. Chorong stayed silent, inferring that she  isn't getting any better. Eunji then made Chorong sit down and told her that they are ready. Chorong nodded her head slightly and spoke, "This song **cough cough** is called 'To. Us'. I **cough** wrote these lyrics while **cough cough** thinking of you girls... please read it and listen to the demo."

Chorong turned her chair and wanted to press the play button but was stopped by Bomi. She stared at the younger girl, who looked way more responsible from 3 years ago. Bomi told her to not be the one in-charge of the recording as she wanted her to rest. The other girls pleaded Chorong not to do so too. Chorong sighed and gave in.

Soon, the composer entered and started the recording. Chorong was just sitting on the sofa, leaning back comfortably, as if she was a proud mother of these 5 children. Suddenly, she started to have difficulties breathing and quickly took off her mask. At that time, Namjoo was beside Chorong and asked if she was okay. However, Chorong's condition worsened as she started weezing, making Apink worried about her. They halted the recording and quickly sent Chorong to the hospital.

On the way to the hospital, memories ran through all their minds as one.

(Flashback)

'Seulpeohajima No No No...'

The girls were practicing really hard for their upcoming comeback. During that period, many people could see the changed in Apink and their fame starts to rise. Chorong had lost her baby fats while Bomi and Eunji started to look more mature. They practiced throughout the night, making sure that the dance is flawless.

After their last practice, Chorong plopped onto the floor and spread open her arms. Eunji and Bomi were going to pull their leader up when Chorong felt a sudden pain in her back. At first, they thought that it was a trick to prank the 93-liners. However, Naeun who ran towards Chorong noticed tears in her eyes and helped the older one up.

"Thanks Naeun-ah... must be unnie who is getting old..." Chorong forced a smile even though she was still feeling the pain. Their manager asked if she needed to go to the hospital but she refused to go. The girls then headed straight back to their dorm to have a rest.

The next morning arrived quickly. Hayoung woke up and looked at the clock. 12pm! She rushed out of bed and went to wake the members up as they were late for practice. Hayoung was confused on why Chorong, who usually wakes them up, did not do so. After waking the unnies in the largest bedroom, Hayoung repeatedly knocked onto Chorong's room door.

Chorong had a habit of locking the door to sleep. Afraid of being too late for practice, Namjoo got the room keys and unlocked the door. To their horror, there were blood on Chorong's pillow. Furthermore, Chorong was trembling terribly to the point that she was weezing while breathing. Bomi quickly called the ambulance while Eunji called the manager to cancel their schedules.

When the ambulance arrived, they quickly placed Chorong onto the stretcher and pulled her down. As Chorong was pulled to the ambulance, there were many reporters who suddenly appeared. Apink then left the building to take their minivan to the hospital but was slowed down because of questionings by the reporters. Meanwhile on the ambulace, the paramedics are giving Chorong a breathing aid to prevent her from weezing too much. Once in a while, Chorong kept vomiting blood, making the paramedics do more jobs.

Upon arrival, Chorong was pulled to the A&E section for thorough checkup. The girls arrived a few minutes after the ambulance and went straight to the waiting area. Many people were then staring at them, wondering why the great Apink was there. Some people even took some photos and uploaded into their SNS about comeback rumours as the girls had no time to hide their hair. 

Soon, the doctor came out of the checkup and asked for Chorong's family or friends. Apink then gathered near the doctor and asked if she was okay. The doctor sighed and said, "We suspect that Ms Park Chorong have bone cancer, which started from her back. We will give her a more indepth checkup. Meanwhile, you girls have to help her for hospital registration."

The girls nodded and Bomi decided to do the responsible stuff. She appointed Eunji and Namjoo to help with the registration, Naeun to stay with Chorong in case of emergency and Bomi and Hayoung go back to their dorm to take Chorong's belongings. They nodded their heads and headed to their respective venues to complete their task.

A day after Chorong was admitted to hospital, the doctor came back with the test results and came with a unforeseen result. The doctor told the girls and the manager that Chorong is having a stage 2 bone cancer which spreaded to her back. Soon, the girls broke into tears while Chorong kept looking down.

"Girls... I've got something to say..." Chorong mumbled, loud enough for them to hear. They looked at Choron with their slightly puffy eyes and allowed her to continue. "I was already diagnosed with cancer last year... and now that it worsened..."

"Unnie,don't say it!" Hayoung cried.

"Sorry girls... I have to leave Apink..."

(Flashback ends)

"Doctor, how is Chorong unnie?" Namjoo asked, this time in a much calmer tone than 3 years ago.

The doctor smiled and opened the file with Chorong's report. "Ms Park Chorong only had a severe sudden asthma attack due to dust particles. So you do not have to worry."

Hayoung then placed her hands on the doctors shoulder and shaked him really hard and shouted, "WHAT DO YOU MEAN NOT TO WORRY? SHE HAVE CANCER DOCTOR!"

Then, Chorong came out of the ward and stood beside the doctor. The both of them then laughed because of what Hayoung said. The girls stared at each other in confusion. Eunji then asked, "What? Why are you both laughing?"

"I've overcomed that stupid cancer after my last treatment! I came back to see you girls but didn't knew that my asthma would hit me suddenly." Chorong cried. They then got into a group hug upon receiving the good news from their previous leader. 

2 weeks after the incident on 5th September 2016, Plan A entertainment released the first solo teaser for Apink's comeback. Most pandas and netizens were confused and happy at the same time as Chorong is back. Plan A then released a statement, revealing that Chorong was facing some personal issues and could not promote with the girls for those 3 years. She said that she would show a better side to the public in the future.

To end it off, Apink have continously practice in a suitable timing and made sure that Chorong had enough rest. Most of the time, they would update on their SNS and fancafe to show that they still have a close relation. As they said, Apink is FOREVER.