Identity

Happily Ever After?

Tag: Hajoo

Date: 18 September 2016


 

"Calling Agent 419719, over."

"Copy that."

"Suspect entering bomb shelter. I repreat, suspect entering bomb shelter, over."

"Copy that, over." The agent tapped the tiny device on her right ear, and covered it with her hair. She strutted towards the 'bomb shelter' while complaining about the killer heels she is wearing. The door of the 'bomb shelter' was opened by the doorman and the agent nodded at him as he is one of them. 

The agent walked towards the reception, where the receptionist are there to assist the visitors. The agent knocked a morse code on the table, indicating that she is part of the operation which they are running now. The woman in front of her nodded and passed a piece of paper to her. The agent walked away and headed towards the lobby and sat down.

"Calling Fruit Loops, over."

"Yes Youngie?" 'Fruit Loops' replied, making the agent roll her eyes.

"As a newbie, you shouls not be making such a mistake of revealing names." Hayoung hissed back. She sighed and continued, "Suspect enter room 719, over."

Meanwhile, the receptionist who was staring at Hayoung took up the phone and dialled a room. While waiting for the room owner to pick up, she anxiously tapped on the table. Sweats slowly broke out as the owner was not picking up soon. Suddenly, someone answered the phone, "What do you want Jung Eunji?"

"She is here Namjoo-ah. I will be taking my leave already." The person on the other line place the phone down. She put on her mask and opened the window. She smirked to herself and mentally counted down to the arrival of the people who are going to nab her.

5

.

.

4

.

.

3

.

.

2

.

.

1

.

.

0

.

The door of room 719 opened, revealing Hayoung in front of the masked woman.  As soon as Hayoung lifted up her gun, the masked woman jumped down of the building. Hayoung rushed to the window to stop her but was too late. The masked woman windened her four limbs, spreading a cloth open to allow her to glide gently in the air like a flying squirrel.

Hayoung then pointed her gun at the flying figure and shot a bullet. She the told herself that they will meet again and that will be when she will arrest her.

Meanwhile, Namjoo's cloth got a hole, causing her to fall at a greater velocity. Luckily, she managed to land herself on a short building's roof and not get herself a lot of wounds. However, her sudden landing had caused her a sprained left ankle. Namjoo sighed and spoke through the bluetooth."Part I completed."

"Well done. You've done your part. Come and claim your medical bills from me next week before the second part." The person on the other line ordered. Namjoo stood up and swiped away the dust on her body. She then limped her way down and exited the building. Namjoo then flagged for a taxi and headed towards her home.

 

The next morning, Hayoung was given a break from the operation and went to hang out with her long-time best friend from college. She locked her apartment door and went to the cafè where she and her friend had always frequented after school. Upon arrival, Hayoung stood outside and reminisence the time she had together with her best friend. She took a deep breath and entered the cafe.

"Welcome, how may I help you?" The host asked.

"It's okay, my friend is over there." Hayoung smiled and replied. She headed towards the table where her best friend is sitted. 

"Hey Oh Hayoung, why were you late?" Her friend asked.

Hayoung sighed. "An operation was held last night... let's not talk about it Namjoo unnie~ I want to relax."

They smiled and ordered their beverages. The two best friends were sitting over there, chatting with each other with only one of them well aware of what she should do and say. Time flew past quite quickly as they were talking about their lives of living without their parents.

Then, Hayoung asked Namjoo a question. "Unnie, what did you do after you've got kicked out of the academy?"

Namjoo gave Hayoung a regretful smile and replied, "Well, I had no idea what to do at first. But then I came across a voice actress recruitment advertisement and thought that maybe I should give it a shot. Guess what? I now have many job request for cartoons as a mother!"

"That sounds nice unnie. But wouldn't it be better if you actually got to continue the Police College and Academy?" Hayoung asked again.

Then, a memory hit Namjoo...

"Trainee 419415, pay attention!" 

"Yes sir!" Namjoo sat upright. She could not concentrate during lesson and got sleepy. Her seatmate, Hayoung then nudged Namjoo and told her that it is okay.

Lesson had finished and the trainees were dismissed. The two bestfriends headed towards the cafe and sat down for a drink. 

"Hayoung-ah, why do you dream of becoming a police?" Namjoo asked.

"Simple, because that is the only dream I had in my mind since young. Carrying a gun and stopping evil people from doing evil deeds." Namjoo smiled at the naïve answer. 

Night was going to come soon and the two best friends were on the way back to the academy's dormitory. Suddenly, Namjoo's sharp ears heard footsteps following then. She moved her hand in front of Hayoung and stopped her for a while. The two of them then looked behind and saw a tattooed man behind them.

The tattooed man slowly go nearer and said, "Oh Hayoung-ssi, long time no see? You see, your father is kind of late in returning that money ever since... he passed on. I am here to collect your debts."

"I have no money to return you! Give us more time!" Hayoung shouted back. Namjoo then stared at the two of them talking. Late? Debts? It was then before she knew that the man had more men sent to attack Hayoung. Hayoung knew that it was against the academy's protocol to retaliate. However, Namjoo was angered by how Hayoung wasn't protecting herself. Namjoo then punched the men and pulled Hayoung away.

They ran as fast as they could. Hayoung's heart was beating harshly. Namjoo was holding her hand and it made her heart flutter a bit. The both of them then turned into an alley and hide inside a rubbish container. Namjoo then peeked out and made sure that they were gone before exiting the container.

Their trip back to the academy was quiet. Neither of them could speak about the incident. When they arrived back at the academy, the trainers summoned Namjoo as they found out about what happened. Instead of getting a suspension, Namjoo was expelled from the academy, not allowing her to pursue her dream. Hayoung wanted to help her but was stopped by Namjoo.

"I.. I don't know Hayoung-ah... I may get tired and quit actually." Namjoo replied. "Ah... Hayoung-ah, unnie needs to leave now."

Namjoo tried to escape from the awkwards situation as soon as she could. However, her sprained ankle did not allow her to stand up as quick as she could. Hayoung asked her out of concern about what happened to her. But the older one knew that she should not blow her cover. Therefore, Namjoo just said that she was careless.

(6 days later...)

"Namjoo, phase 2 started. If she can go into the Lion's Den, then it is over." Namjoo nodded. She packed her belongings and left the house, in hope of seeing Hayoung at the 'Lion's Den'. Why? Only she knows the reason why. 

At the same time, Hayoung is following on of Namjoo's man. She made sure that she is out of his sight before following carefully. After every turn, Hayoung stayed behind the wall and made sure that there were no ambush. She observed her surroundings, trying to look for a way to attack if needed. Then, the man Hayoung was following flashed a card on a card pad but nothing happened. Hayoung stood out from her earlier position and stood in front of the empty halfway which looks defenceless. 

'Can't be that easy...' Hayoung thought. She fished out her concealer power and blow some air from to disperse it. The tiny particles then landed on something, revealing some invisible motion laser detectors. 'Just as I thought.'

To Hayoung, getting through these lasers were easy. Especially when the bottom of the floor was not protected by it. She knelt down and went into a crawling position to advance forward. When she approached the end, Hayoung slowly stood up and headed towards the door which Namjoo's man had entered. Hayoung prepare her gun on her hand and knocked on the door.

Hayoung stood beside the door while waiting for someone to open it. When the door opened, Hayoung swiftly made a side kick, hitting the man who opened the door. She quickly charged in and pointed the gun at Namjoo, without knowing that it is her.

"Surrender now." Hayoung commanded.

"Haha... why would I let go so easily Oh Hayoung?" Namjoo slowly turned and revealed her face to her best friend. Time stopped in Hayoung's mind. She could not believe that the person standing in front if her is Namjoo. "Why are you so shocked Hayoung ah? Aren't you happy to see your best friend?"

"No! You are not my friend. You are a criminal involved in drug embazzlement and you are under arrest." Hayoung approached Namjoo carefully. Namjoo then swiftly kicked Hayoung but she was too fast for her. Hayoung prepare a handcuff on one of her hands and flipped Namjoo onto the floor. She twisted her hand and locked the cuffs on her.

Just then, Namjoo started to let out a laugh. Hayoung then slightly lifted Namjoo by the collar and asked, "What's so funny?"

"Do you know that..."

"Know what?" Hayoung hissed.

"You passed the test?" Namjoo stood up as if nothing happened. Hayoung then realized that the handcuffs are no longer on Namjoo's wrist.

Hayoung was stunned when two people from the CIB appeared behind her. They applauded and congratulated Hayoung.

"Police 419719, you are now promoted to work in the CIB and be part of our team." Namjoo let out her hand.

"Wait... CIB? I thought that you were kicked out of..." Hayoung looked around. Namjoo then laughed.

"Well, it's a long story...

"Kim Namjoo, you are officially kicked out of the police academy." The instructer said.

"Please give me a chance! I did it out of self-defense!"

"Listen first. You may be kicked out. But the forces from CIB are very interested in you for your skills. You are not allowed to expose this secret until you are given the chance to do so. Don't fail us Kim Namjoo." The instructor let out his hand to shake Namjoo's. Namjoo on the otherhand was too elated to know that her dream of becoming a police came true.

6 months later, Eunji, a senior of the CIB, announced that they are going to recruit new members from other forces due to the lack of manpower. She showed a side of the names and picture of recommended person. When Hayoung's picture appeared, Namjoo stood up and said, "Sunbaenim, she will be good in our team."

"Let me continue. Appealing a recruit into CIB is not easy. They need to pass a special test before they are allowed to join the team. As you guys know, the people shown are somehow closely related to you. The test is to see if they are able to arrest their loved ones if they were realy involved." Eunji explained. The next few weeks was then spent on preparing for the test.

And you passed you see~" Namjoo smiled. Hayoung then pulled Namjoo in for a hug. 

"Urm but I'm still your sunbae Hayoungah..." 

"Sorry..." Hayoung apologised. Then, they got into a hug and both of them left to the CIB building for the welcome ceremony.