Colours

Happily Ever After?

Tag: NaCho

Date: 15 September 2017


Colours represent what I feel. Colours depicts my surroundings. Colours shows the atmosphere around me. People call me weird. People call me names. But I don't care because this is me.

How do I not care? Easy. When I told people that I'm feeling yellow, they keep trying to correct me that it's just a colour. Nothing more, nothing less. Then, I will just tell them, "Nice to meet you.", walk away and never see them again. That was how I created a cold image of mine, to protect myself from those words which insults my believe.

Well, I study in Seoul's Art High School now. Even though it's a place where art is appreciated, the art in my heart is still not appreciated by others. It was during a sharing session when I found the one who really understands me.

"Good morning class, today we will have a new student joining us, please welcome Ms Park Chorong." The whole class, except for me, clapped for the girl who stepped into the class. 

This girl intrigues me. Its not her body. Its not her face. Its the first sentence she said which is, "I'm feeling so yellow! Thank you for your ivory(warm) welcome." 

After her first sentence, the usual whispers that I usually hear whenever I did this was made. However, Chorong was not as emotional as me when I hear this. She smiled brightly and went to the only empty seat in the class which is beside me.

Chorong stuck her hands towards me and greeted, "Hi, my name is Chorong. Nice to meet you."

"My name is Naeun.. umm nice to meet you too." I replied awkwardly due to my lack of social abilities. Chorong smiled and we went back to our normal lesson.

During the lesson, I've observed many similarities between us. Whenever the things which the teacher was teaching is important, we use a red pen to jot it down and decorate it with the word 'IMPORTANT' in red. Yes, I know that it's normal for most people. However, for the less important things, we will use multicolours to write it down. We could use green for the first 3 words, yellow for the next word and purple for the last 4 words and end it with a blue fullstop.

After lesson, I made myself approach her and asked, "Chorong-ssi, do you want to be friends?"

She smiled and pull my hand of from hers. "I'm sorry. I need to go first."

The way she rejects me, is the way I reject someone who wants to tease me. I slowly realized, she was also affected by the whispers from our classmate. We were the same.

With some courage mustered in me, I decided to follow her to her house. On the way, I noticed even more things. Her hair ties are both different colours, her socks are different yet matching and... just everything about her is as colourful as mine.

After walking into an alley which I have no idea why, she suddenly turned around when someone called her name. I quickly hide behind a wall and continue to observe her.

"Chorong noona, you can't hide from me forever." A blondie spoke to her in annoyance. Or maybe that is how I feel.

"Your... obsession is say, with... urgh... colours is a wonder to us up till now. I do want to know if you are as colourful as you think." He continued. Chorong shuffled backwards slowly, obviously looking very scared. 

"Go away Luhan. Don't make me red." Chorong tried to shout but was afraid to do so I supposed. Before anything happens, I better not just jump in.

"Red, tell me more. You made me madly red when you left me all alone suddenly, getting the riches out from me." Luhan, I think, slowly touched his hands on Chorong. She tried to slap it away but he tightened his grip. 

I can't take it anymore. I ran towards them and kicked Luhan away from Chorong. I think I kicked him too hard that he is laying unconscious on the floor. Damn... I felt blue(nervous). Did I accidentally killed him? I'm very blue.

Suddenly, Chorong pulled me and to god knows where. She opened the door and slammed it close as soon as both of us entered.

"Where are we Chorong-ssi?" I asked.

"Naeun ah... thank you..." she cried in front of me. Her knees weakened slightly that she knelt in front of me. I walk towards her and pulled her up.

"Chorong-ssi, don't feel green-ie(guilty)... I have to do that to protect you." I said unconsciously. Chorong suddenly stared at me and asked, "You understood?"

I nodded my head. Suddenly, Chorong jumped for a hug towards me. I was white(shocked). My heart beat went even more red(faster). I decided to hug her back and felt some pink(love) in me. Is she the one?

"I finally found someone who understands art." I cried together with her as she broke down in front of me. I whispered, "Me too."

We then had a hugging session that lasted for quite a while.

.

.

.

(7 years later)

"Mum! The kids are telling me that I'm brown(weird)!" 

"Hayoungie, ignore them. Just say that you appreciate art thats all." I kneel down and hugged my daughter.

"But she also insulted you and mummy too..." she sniffed. I smiled and poked her tiny nose. "Don't worry, it's not like they are going to affect our lives anyways, right Unnie?" Well yes, I learned that she is older than me the black(hard) way.

"Yes, now come and eat." Chorong kissed me and our nice small family came together and have our dinner together.


A/N: this i believe is the 2nd happy ending i ever wrote ahahaha! Anyways, sorry for using Luhan as a bad character(i love him) and brown is the only colour i really think of when using the word weird. Maybe if anyone have a better suggestion i could change it? Ps First NACHO! WOHHOO its hard to write nacho for me as both their personalities are quite similar that its hard ahaha now bye!

 

Pps: HAPPY IKON ANNI!!!! 2 YEARS WITH THESE BABIES! SORRY!!! AHAHHA SUPPORT BOBBY!

 

crazyBJ