No more me

Happily Ever After?

Tag: Eunrong

Date: 18 August 2017


"Please give me more time!" I cried while my knees were kissing the floor, my palms were glued together and tears scaling down my cheeks.

The tattooed man in front of me spat out the toothpick he was torturing with his mouth at me with its little companion, the saliva. I flinched when I thought that  he was going to do something worse. However, he pointed at me and said, "One more week. Next Monday, no money, no more you, no more Minki. Is that clear?"

I nodded, agreeing with his deal. When he left, I cried to myself. What did I do to deserve this? All I did was help my friend. That's all.

"Unnie! Can you help me take care of Minki?" Eunji asked me with her infamous eyesmile. My heartbeat rose as she kept smiling at me like that. There, my crush, had just asked me for a favour.

"Unnie?"

"Huh? Yes what? Oh wait Minki... oh yes of course!" I agreed as I thought that this was the only way I could know more about Eunji. But, it was the way which made us further.

A week later, my two legs brought me in front of the door of an apartment. My hand dug for the rusty key in my pocket and I entered the dusty room. Seems like this place was not touched for many months. Evidence of violence could still be seen in the house.

I sat on a mattress, which the inner spring could be seen. My hand unknowingly picked up a photo that was on the floor. A picture of me, Eunji and her brother.

"Noona, can we take a picture?" Minki asked as he pulled both Eunji and I towards the photobooth.

Eunji joked and asked, "Which noona do you want to take picture with? Me or Chorong noona?"

Minki blushed and hit his sister. "Both of you!"

We laughed at his shyness that her sister had brought to them. Minki then dragged the both of us into the queue and pulled the both of us near to him. The queue shortened very quickly and our turn to take the picture arrived.

We smiled towards the camera after we settled our position. I can't help but lead my eye towards Eunji, to see how empty her smile actually was.

After taking the picture, we allowed Minki to meet up with his friends and went to the nearest cafe for lunch. During our lunch,  we were surprisingly quiet. It was unlike Eunji to be quiet as she was always the one who initiates the conversation.

"Eunji, tell me what's wrong." I sighed. I could only see Eunji's head drooping, as if it was too heavy for her neck to support it.

"They..." Eunji paused as she took a huge breath. "They gave me 1 more day only."

"And when is it?" I asked while squinting my eyes even smaller.

"Today."

"YA JUNG EUNJI! YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME EARLIER!" I shouted. 

Eunji pulled my hands towards her and patted my fist. "It's okay unnie. I've settled it this morning already. Everything is going to be fine."

She smiled at me, allowing me to relieve some of my anger of her. I trusted her and we continued the day like any ordinary day. We took a walk along Hangang river, grabbed some ice cream, and bought a strawberry cake too.

Time flew quickly as we headed home. I fetched her to her apartment. We hugged each other as usual and I turned around to head home. Suddenly, I felt like something was wrong. I flipped my bag for my phone and found a message.

To: Chorong unnie

Unnie, I know that you are going to

be angry at me when you read this

message. To be honest, I told them

to take way my life and to find Minki

as soon as he grown up. I know that

I'm selfish but this was the only way

to lessen the burden between the 

both of us. Goodbye again.

 

-Jung Eunji

 

I ran as fast as I could to where Eunji was staying. As soon as I reach there, I could only see a lifeless body on the ground, with a pool of red liquid around her. I stared back at the tattooed man in front. 

He stepped closer to me. Then he said, "So you must be the Park Chorong that Eunji told me to get money from huh?"

I jolted. She lied for the 2nd time.

"Since you are pretty, I will give you 3 months." He smiled and left the house.

 

A thunder clapped and a lightning strike. I look forward, to see the same tattooed man. I laughed to myself. Hangang river was where Eunji always go whenever she was stressed. Ice cream was what Eunji always eat when she was angry at herself. Strawberry cake was what Eunji would like to see me eat whenever she is really angry at someone. As Eunji as said before, "The last place I want to go before I leave the world is the photobooth near the cafe we usually go to."

"Are you ready to return the money or no more you?" He smirked and cracked his fist.

I smirked back and laughed to myself. He was stunned at my hedious action. "Both." I said. I threw the bag I carried towards him, with him opening the bag of cash and smiling. He came closer, this time with a different aura.

"What do you mean by both young lady?"

"There is no point living in this world already. No more Eunji, whom you killed. No more Minki, whom you killed by breaking the promise." I chuckled. I snatched the gun from him ankle and pointed it on my head. "No more me, whom you did not kill."

*BANG!*


A/N: Sorry that it took long guys... author's block had been bad to me because I just can't continue some things which I written halfway. So... here is something for you guys~ Happy Eunji day!!!

 

crazyBJ