Soulmate

Happily Ever After?

TAG: CHOMI

DATE: 3 SEPTEMBER 2016


 

What if there is an invention whereby a watch tells you how many minutes had passed since you go past your soulmate. Would it bring a good message to you? Or would it make some things complicated. In this story, the invention would be called the S-watch, also known as Soul-Watch.

It all started with this receiver, Yoon Bomi. She thinks that life, is trash. When she was young, her parents were always arguing. There was not a day in her memory whereby there were peace in the house. Bomi also noticed that her parents had never slept together in the same room before. However, in front of Bomi's eyes, they act like a model parent and couple. Until when Bomi was 11 and much matured, she understood that there was no way that her parents would ever have peace between them. Her parents got divorced and neither of them wanted to claim her. Therefore, she ran away and lived on her own.

As time goes by, Bomi heard news that her father had suffered from a heart attack and went to see him for the last time. When she arrived at the hospital, she was crying involuntarily. She could not know the reason why even though she is not close with him. Bomi clasped her father's hand, and prayed for his well-being. Her father then covered her hands and weakly spoke, "My daughter... my time is up and I have only... only one more thing to tell you."

"Don't say it papa... you can recovered from this... I believe in god that you can do it." Bomi encouraged her going to heaven soon father.

He smiled at her weakly. "God have arranged this. Bomi-ah... please...find...a...good...partner..."

"BEEP!" The heart monitor sounded. Doctors and nurses rushed in and pushed Bomi aside. The drew the curtain, leaving the daughter crying outside. When they drew open the curtain, the doctor asked for his family members. Bomi stood forward and said that it is her.

The doctor sighed and said, "Yoon GongJin, death time at 22:57 on 25 October 2010." 

Bomi could not believe her ears. She thought that god was punishing her. She thought that god was making her miserable because of something she had done. Bomi then sprinted off and headed towards her favourite place to hang out. The Track and Field Stadium.

"Huff..huff..huff..huff.." Bomi panted when she arrived at her destination. She then shouted into the empty field, allowing the shivering grass to suffer from her anger. 

"WHY?! WHY DO THIS TO ME?!" Bomi shouted. Suddenly, a bright light appeared in front of her. Bomi squinted her eyes to minimize the blinding from the light. When the light dimmed, she opened her eyes slowly, to see an angel standing in front of her. The angel had long black hair and black dress. What made her stand out was her white shimmering wings, which shows that she is an angel.

"Who are you?" Bomi asked the angel.

The angel smiled and showed a box to Bomi. She then spoke. "My name is Son Naeun, your guardian angel who was looking after you from above. I am here to give you a gift. See you around in the future."

With that, Naeun dissappeared in Bomi's very own eyes. Bomi wowed and stared at the gift given to her. How can she accept a gift on the day whereby her father had passed on? She decided to throw it aside and left the stadium afterwards.

 

-6 years later-

(Bomi's POV)

"Yoon Bomi! How many times do I have to tell you to give your homework on time?" My teacher shouted, making me flustered. I was never a model student. Just an average student with average results. I apologised to her and went to take my seat beside my best friend, Jung Eunji.

After lesson started, Eunji passed a note to me. I smiled and shook my head. How old is she? Still passing little notes here and there...

"Eunji-ah, you already promised me that you would follow me to the games."I smiled at her.

"Yeah... but I kinda left something in your house earlier on. Maybe we could catch it?" I rolled my eyes and told her that it would be okay. Now, I am silently praying that this stupid calculus lesson would end quickly.

Soon, lesson ended and I headed back to my house with Eunji. She kept babbling about her family, saying things like Minki misses me, how her dogs are doing... I actually listened to it. I am proud of myself actually. I lost my family and is able to listen to these stories without feeling angry. I smiled when we arrived at my house. 

As soon as I opened the door, Eunji sprinted in to search for her stuff. I went to the sofa and lay down as I knew that it would take a while for her to find it. Then, I noticed a farmiliar looking box in front of me.

"My name is Son Naeun, your guardian angel who was looking after you from above. I am here to give you a gift. See you around in the future."

That memory from six years ago hit me. How could the gift be right here when I threw it aside that day? I sighed and lifted the box. I opened the box and it appeared that there is a watch inside. How very interesting to receive a watch on the death date of my father... I saw a slip of paper beside it and read what was written. "This is a S-watch. Its purpose is to help you be able to tell you when was the last time you saw your soulmate. Please use this wisely and think wisely."

"..."

"..."

"YOON BOMI!" 

"WHAT?!" I shouted at Eunji.

"Ya! I have called you 3 times already. By the way, cool watch. We have to go now!" Eunji rushed me. I got on my foot and got pushed out of my house by Eunji. She wanted to drag me to her car immediately but I stopped her on time. That was because she did not allow me to have some time to lock my house door. I then ran into Eunji's car and headed to the stadium for the annual track and field games.

The game was quite a let down. The people from my favourite team was not at their best physique today and was not able to win and gold medals. Instead, the team which Eunji supported kept winning and was able to surpass the records made by my favourites. The game soon ended and we were leaving the venue.

To our disappointment, Eunji's car was towed away as she made an illegal parking earlier. The two girls sighed and went to the bus station to take the bus home. Eunji decided that she would take the bus to her home instead of the school dormitory as she suddenly remembered that she left something at home. When the bus arrived, the girls shoved up the bus with a small crowd who just finished watching the game.

Bomi and Eunji was sitting on the bus, heading towards their destination while being tired. Suddenly, someone who was holding a drink accidentally spilled water onto Eunji because the bus had made a sudden break. Although it was her fault for spilling the water on Eunji, she did not apologise. Eunji just simply took out a tissue and wiped her clothes dry. 

Bomi, who was sitting beside Eunji, got frustrated by the person and how Eunji was able to be calm in this situation. She stomp her foot and stoof up. "Hey lady! Why didn't you apologise to my friend here?"

The lady tilted her head and stared into the space beside Bomi. "May I ask what I had done?"

Bomi was beyond frustrated when Eunji kept tugging Bomi's sleeves, saying that it is okay. She wanted to say something further but was cut off when Bomi suddenly said, "Eunji-ah, she just spilled some sweet orange juice onto you and you're not affected by how this cold, gruesome person did not apologise to you?"

"Bomi... theorectically, it was the bus driver's fault because of Newton's third law of physics on inertia..." Eunji reasoned and still wanted to say more. Bomi then covered her palm at Eunji's mouth and said, "Apologize to my friend now."

The person then bowed slightly and said, "I am sorry for what I have done,Eunji-ssi..."

After the apology, Bomi sat down again and crossed her arms. Eunji kept insisting on wanting to say something but Bomi didn't allow her to. Bomi was beyond angry that she placed her headphone around her head and ignored the words being said. Another thing that Bomi did not knew was that many people was giving Bomi a disgusted face during and after the arguement with the lady.

When the bus arrived at Eunji's stop, the two girls waved goodbye to each other. Coincidently, the person who spilled orange juice onto Eunji got down the same stop. Bomi thought that it may not be weird as it was a residential area, so many people could live around there. 

As the bus left the stop, Bomi's watch suddenly vibrated. She looked down at her left wrist and see a timer.

52 Seconds

Bomi was confused by the timer. She then suddenly remember what she tead in the box.  Her soulmate. She last seen her soulmate 52 seconds ago. But who could it be. No matter what situation she thought, it all concludes to one person. Jung Eunji. Could Eunji really be her soulmate? Bomi smiled at that thought. She admit that she isn't straight. But she could not shake off the feeling that Eunji is hers. 

The next morning arrives quickly and they were back in school. Bomi decided to reveal her feelings to Eunji on that day. However, Eunji was particularly late that day. It made Bomi very nervous as she wanted to pour her feelings out as fast as she could. Bomi placed her right hand on her left chest, feeling the speed of her heartbeat.

Finally, Eunji arrived. Bomi told Eunji that she have something to say. Bomi calmed down a little and then spoke, "Eunji-ah... I have been hiding this feelings since I first met you. You know the watch I was wearing yesterday?"

Eunji nodded.

"It was a Soulmate Watch." Bomi continued. "It wil tell me when was the last time I've met my soulmate. And it turns out to be you. I was elated and over the moon. I just want to tell you... I love you..."

Suddenly, Eunji laughed and Bomi was shocked. Then, Naeun just appeared right beside of Naeun suddenly too. 

"What is happening?"

"Naeunnie, this girl is beyond hopeless... The watch you wore yesterday, I already knew what it was. I am also an angel. But to watch an make sure that your watch would function properly. I have my own soulmate already. Naeunnie. Bomi-ah, I wanted to tell you something yesterday. You know why the person did not apologise to me?" Eunji asked.

Bomi shook her head.

"That is because only you can see me. The person who spilled juice on me is your soulmate. Anyways, the other reason why she did not apologise was because she is blind. Her name is Chorong and she is my step-sister." Eunji laughed with Naeun.

Naeun then handed a bouquette of flowers to Bomi. Bomi stared at it. "This is for you to give to Chorong. Chorong is not an angel, so everybody can see her. Now go chase after your soulmate."

Bomi could not believe what happened. Suddenly, both Eunji and Naeun disappeared. She turned her head to the front when she saw a familiar looking girl. 

The teacher then introduced her as Park Chorong and to sit beside Bomi. Bomi' heart raced as Chorong was finding her way to the seat. Bomi then stood up and helped Chorong to her seat. She stared at Chorong and was slowly engulfed by her beauty. Her large sparkling eyes, which unfortunately can't see anything, her thin lips which looks kissable for Bomi.

When lesson ended, Bomi confessed. "Chorong-ah..."

"Yes Bomi?"

"About yesterday, I am sorry... and urm... you know, I believe that you are my soulmate... would you be mind?" Bomi scratched her back while confessing. Chorong smiled and placed her bag on the table. She then dug out a watch which was similar to Bomi's.

"What..."

"We have the same watch. Just that mine will use tapping system to tell me who my soulmate is. After leaving the bus, it tapped on my skin with this name, Yoon Bomi." Chorong smiled and explained. Bomi then initiated a hug and Chorong returned it back. This is how Bomi's real happy life started.


A/N: After a long long long long long time! I worked on this chapter for 2 days... so Im sorry if I disappointed you readers for the long hiatus...

crazyBJ