If You Were Still Here

Happily Ever After?

TAG: 2eun

DATE: 23 AUGUST 2016

NOTE: ITALISED- FLASHBACK


 

I sat on the muddy ground, placing some food filled containers in front of me. Looking far away, I tried not to forget about the days we had together. The days where we were smiling, crying, arguing, reconcealing and dating. I stared back at you, hoping that you could reply any of my questions to you. But then, I knew that it would be impossible. And if it is possible, then maybe I am with you.

'Naeun-ah...' I sighed as I left an empty bowl and a pair of chopsticked in front of the picture I brought along with me. 'Time to eat...'

I then unconsciously place a meat into the empty bowl and told her to eat. When I realized that I did that, I shut my eyes real tight, trying to stop my tears from coming out from the tear factory. But the droplet was too heavy that it escaped through the side of my eyes.

'Why... Why must you go away? I should be the one taking care of you... making sure that you are happy...' I cried even more. I could not face visiting you nor your family. I was the one who cause you to be like this. I am sorry my Naeun-ah. But then please... tell me where you really are...

'Ya! Jung Eunji, where are you pulling me to?' I pulled the hands of my girlfriend with her eyes being blindfolded. A small chuckle escaped from my mouth when I heard her cute pleadings of letting her see where she was going. I told Naeun to be patient and slowly lead her down the stairs to the destination of where I wanted to bring her to.

'My angel, you can take out the blindfolds.' I said as we arrived at where we were supposed to be. I stared at my beautiful girlfriend as she slowly pulled out the blindfold. When she was pulling out the strap of the blindfold, her long wavy hair flew abit. I could not stop my ert thoughts but to stare at her. Her angelic eyes which was amazed by what I've created. Her thin lips which were reading to say the word wow. Her small ears which makes me feel that the only words that enters were only mine.

Naeun took a step forward and nearer to what I had prepared for our 17th month anniversary. She covered her beautiful facial features, except for her eyes, with her small hands. I took a step beside her and rested me right hand on her shoulder. 'What do you think my love?'

In front of us was a decoration I made throughout the whole of last night. A sandcastle with a shaped of two ladies hugging each other with 8 flowers on each side and 1 in the center, representing the number of months we had been together. In front of the design was seashells of various shapes and sizes being placed together, forming the words 'HAPPY 17TH MONTHSARY!'

'It's...it's beautiful my Eunji-ah...' Her eyes were breamed with tears. I took out my thumb and wiped away the watery things on her eyes. 

'Don't cry. You will look ugly my love.' With that sentence, Naeun gave me a light punch. I know I deserved that. But she usually does not punch that soft. Everytime I told her that she would be ugly, she would give me her infamous death stare and punch me till there are small bruises everywhere.

I then proceeded to kneel on one knee and faced my beautiful girlfriend. 'Naeun-ah, listen to me.'

'Get up Jiji...' She tried to pull me up. 

Before she was able to do that, I started speaking. 'To the love of my life, I had continuously sacrified both my time and body for you. You must have thought that maybe I was tired of it. If you want to know the answer for that. Yes, I am. But, I am not tired by why I must waste 4 hours a day with someone who might abuse me because of saying that she would ugly. I would have left you if that were true. However, I am going to break up our dating relationship. I want to be by your side, 24/7, with you, who would shower me with love and care everyday and every night. I want to create a new relationship. Even further than our current one. So, Son Naeun-ssi, would you marry me, the Busan girl who would annoy you 24/7 and made you cry numerous time?'

Naeun soon covered her face again. I could see that she did not know what to say when I revealed the ring to her. Before she could say a word, a loud gun shot ruined the atmosphere between us. I was frustrated by whoever was the one who ruined it. Stomping my foot to the direction of the shoot, I tried to look for that bastard. 

It was soon when I came face to face with the culprit who ruined Naeunnie and my moment. 'You chose the wrong goddamn date.'

'What 'goddamn' date have ever been wrong darlin?' From the accent, I could hear that the person is from the country side. Although he was wearing a mask, I could tell that he was smirking while saying that. Annoyed by his actions, I dashed towards him and tried to fight against him. From that moment, I knew that what I did was a fatal mistake. He pointed the gun towards me and pulled the trigger.

BANG!

I thought that I've died. I was crouching on the floor covering my ears. When I opened my eyes, terror and anger filled me. My Naeunnie was lying down in front of me, with a pool of blood flowing out from her chest. I tore my shirt and wrapped the bleeding area. My eyes then darted towards the person who fired the gun. I ran towards him and kicked him. However, he kept dodging most of my kicks and punched my away from him by the stomach. I could taste blood flowing from my mouth after there. I used my fist to help support me up and ran towards the guy again. This time, he have a gun on his hand again. And now, I am ready to join Naeunnie.

But when he pulled the trigger, no bullet came out, making him comfused. I pushed him down onto the floor and used the remaining of my shirt to tie a knot on both his hands which I've placed on his back. 'Why did you have to fire at her?! Why didn't you just shoot me?!'

I cried while saying that. Soon, the police and paramedics arrived, assisting the earlier victim, Naeunnie and me. The police took some statements from me and went off with the guy. I rushed to the ambulance which Naeunnie was on. But I was too late as the ambulance drove off too far away for me to catch up. I felt remorseful. I was at fault. I cause Naeunnie to be in this state. It was all my fault. I could not stop blaming myself for what happened.

I packed the empty bowl and containers and put it into my bagpack. When I lifted the photoframe of my Naeunnie, I felt a tear dropping on it. That one tear represents the one month which I had not seen her. Today, was supposed to be our 18th monthsary. But I am not by her side anymore. Wait, erase that. She is not by my side anymore. I am just thinking... what if you were still here...

Then, a shadow casted over my kneeling body. I looked back and my eyes went larger. 'NAEUNNIE?!'


A/N: Bwahaha! I know that I am evil with leaving the story like this~ anyways, I am open to suggestions onto what other type of stories I could write. Hope to see you soon!