Chapter 18

Love Finds Its Way
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The days go by and you try to stop thinking about Mark and Suzy. I can't believe that the Suzy that I hate is his girlfriend! Ugh!  You think to yourself. 

"Eomma! Can you find me a baby picture? It's for show-and-tell at my school," Jessica asks, running into your room. 
"Ah, sure! I'll go get it right now," you tell her, standing up to walk over to the closest with the box of old photos. You open a wooden box with "Old Photos" engraved on the front. You look through hundreds of photos, but you're not able to find a baby picture of Jessica. While looking, you see a picture of you and Mark riding your bikes in LA. The same photo Mark was looking at by the hotel fountain many years ago. You hold it up in the air and stare at it for a couple minutes, feeling pain in your heart again. 
"Um...Eomma? Are you alright?" Jessica asks you, making you wipe the tears that you've been shedding the past couple minutes. 
"Ah! Sweetie, I'm so sorry! I'll find your picture now," you tell her while sniffing and looking through the box of photos. You finally find a baby photo of Jessica, and it was a picture of right after you gave birth to her. It was the time when you saw her eyes and you immediately thought of Mark. You want to cry again but you know that you can't cry in front of your daughter. You put on a smile and give the picture to her. 
"Here you go. Just make sure you don't lose it, okay?" you say. Jessica nods and runs out of your room with the picture. You sit down on your bed and Junior comes in. 
"Yah...are you thinking again?" he asks you, sitting next to you on the bed. 
"No," you softly reply. 
"Why are you being like this, Y/N? Ever since Mark came here...you just aren't yourself anymore. You always seem to have something on your mind. Do you want him back? Do you love him?" he says. You just look down and don't say anything. 
"I'm going to repeat...do you love him? It's a simple question and I want an honest answer," Junior says. 
You look at him for about five minutes and finally give him an answer, "Y-yes."
"Ah...I see," he replies, looking down. 
"I'm so sorry," you tell him. 
"I knew. I knew from the start that it was Mark. I know you love me for taking care of Jessica and for taking care of you and loving you no matter what. I knew from the start that no matter how much you love me, it will never be as much as you love Mark," he explains. 
"Jinyoung-ah, I...I don't know what to say. I just truly am sorry," you say, looking away. He gives you a smile and walks out of the door. You sigh and lie down in your bed, feeling so guilty. Despite the fact that you're guilty, you feel happiness. You feel happy that you let out your feelings to him. That night, you decide to cook carbonara pasta, Junior's favorite. You want to make him feel a bit better. In the middle of cooking, you hear Junior coming down the stairs. 
"Y/N, let's talk," he tells you firmly. You finish cooking and follow him to the living room. You both sit down on the couch. 
"Wh-what's wrong?" you stutter. 
"I've decided," he says. You raise your eyebrows waiting for an answer. 
"I've decided that we need to tell Jessica now. We need to tell her and she needs to spend time with Mark. You both need to spend time with Mark. We can both be her dads if it's alright with you and Mark," he explains. 
Your eyes widen, "What?! All of a sudden?! Jinyoung-ah! Are you alright?" 
"I'm fine. You might be wondering why I'm suddenly giving you and Jessica away to Mark. It's because Jessica deserves to know who her father is and you deserve to have a family. A real family," he tells you, giving you a small smile. 
"I really appreciate you doing this, but are you doing this just because of what I said earlier?" you ask. 
"That's part of it, but ever since Mark came here, I've been thinking about it for a while," he replies. 
"No, I won't. You're my family now and I can't let my love for Mark overpower what we have as a family," you firmly tell him. 
"I won't let that happen. I told you, I've decided. Please, can I have it my way this time?" he asks you. 
You're in shock as he tells you that and you reply, "F-fine. O-okay, but will Jessica be able to take it?" 
"Your daughter is a very smart girl," Junior replies with a smile. The fact that he said "your daughter" makes you just feel so shocked and alarmed. You just nod and in a blink of an eye, Junior is already coming down the stairs with Jessica. Your hands tremble as you think about Jessica's reaction. Junior motions for Jessica to sit in between you two on the couch, and she sits looking at both of you with cute eyes. 
"Jessica, we know you're still young, but there's so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter