Chapter 21: Final

Love Finds Its Way
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

//Three days later//
Jessica is still sleeping as you finish packing both of your guys' bags to go to LA. The flight is already set and Mark is picking you up from your apartment in a few hours. Joey already called and he said that he will just meet you both at the airport since you all are on the same flight. You start to think about what will possibly happen in LA, especially since you know that Mark was just forced to take you. Joey has some more plans on his poster about trying to make Mark fall in love with you again, and you're scared that none of his plans will work again. Just as you're about to wake Jessica up, you hear a knock on your door. You quickly sprint and see Joey standing outside your door. 
"Hey, I thought we were meeting up at the airport? Isn't it too early?" you ask him and he just walks in like you didn't say anything. 
"I'm going to watch Jessica. Mark wants to meet up with you right now," he tells you as he sits down on the couch. 
"What?!" you exclaim, your eyes widening. 
"Yeah. He told me to tell you that he wants you to meet up at the cafe next to JYP while I stay here and watch Jessica before you guys come back here," he firmly says.
"Why does he want to meet up with me?" you ask, crossing your arms. 
"I don't know. Just please meet up with him. We don't want things to get rough in LA," he tells you. You nod and grab your purse. You kiss Jessica goodbye and you tell Joey to make sure that she's okay. You drive to the cafe and you see Mark waiting inside wearing a blue polo and jeans. You slowly walk in and sit in the chair in front of him. 
"Why did you want to see me?" you ask. 
"I just wanted to clear some things up before we left for LA," he says, taking a sip out of the iced tea he ordered. 
"What's that?" you ask, crossing your arms and giving him a dirty look. 
"I only want three things when we go to LA. One, let's all make it fun for Jessica and not ruin anything for her. Two, don't try to hang on to me a lot. Three, don't you ever make me fall in love with you," he firmly says, leaning in closer and closer to you and he says each sentence. 
You lean back and laugh, "Wow. What nice rules you got there. First, I will never let a rude jerk like you ruin my daughter's trip. Second, I have no plans of hanging on to you. Third, I don't think you'll be able to resist me." 
You try to be really seductive, but Mark doesn't reply and he takes another sip of his drink. 
"I just wanted to make sure that we were clear. Just follow those three rules and we're going to be okay," he says. 
"Why are you being like this? You're being so immature," you tell him. 
"Immature? Hiding a child from her father and going with another man for so many years is being immature," he snaps. 
You feel your heart break into two pieces as he says those harsh words. You slap him. Hard. You can't believe he just said that. 
"How dare you?! Do you think I wanted to do that?! I had to keep it from her because she's young! I don't know why I'm still so in love with an arrogant, self-centered jerk like you!" you yell, walking out of the cafe and driving back home. While driving, you cry so hard that you can barely breathe. Your phone rings and you see "Jinyoung" on your screen. He hasn't called you ever since you went back to Seoul, so you pick up.  
"H-hello?" you try to say, trying to sound like you're not crying. 
"Y/N, I heard you're going to LA today. I just wanted to say...please take care of yourself. Both you and Jessica should stay safe. Don't get into any trouble and make sure that Jessica is alright, even when she grows up," he says. 
You stop crying and ask, "Jinyoung-ah, what's wrong? It seems like you're saying goodbye or something." 
"Y/N, listen to me. I-I'm finally giving you away. I'm giving you to Mark now. It's where you belong. You deserve to be with him as a family with Jessica. I hope that punk regains his memory while you guys are in LA. But, if he ever hurts you, I'll always be waiting here for you with open arms. All I ask for you is to be happy. Get the happiness you've always deserved. As long as you're happy, I'll be the happiness man in the world. I'll be returning to Seoul when you and Mark come back from LA since I have some work to do in JYP. That's why, smile a lot, eat lots of food, make many memories with Mark and Jessica, and most importantly, be happy, because you deserve it. You really do, Y/N. Jang Y/N, I love you. I love you more than you can ever imagine and so much more than you can ever love me. Goodbye," Junior says over the phone, nearly crying. 
As he finishes talking, you pull over to the side of the road and start to cry, "Jinyoung-ah. You don't have to do this. I don't want you to say goodbye. Please, Jinyoung-ah." 
"Shh, Y/N. It's okay. Just please say the words that I've always wanted to hear before I hang up," Junior says. You can hear him crying. 
You try to calm down a bit and you finally say those words, "Jinyoung-ah, I-I love you. I know I never told you that and I may not have loved you as much as you wanted me to, but, I love you. Thank you for everything, Jinyoung-ah. I will never forget it." 
You can feel him smile as you say that and he finally hangs up. You drive back to your apartment and see Jessica and Joey just waiting on the couch for you. Mark apparently called Joey and told him that he was already on the way to the airport without you. 
"Y/N! Why didn't Mark take you to the airport? He's already driving there," Joey asks. 
Though you've stopped crying, your eyes are still red and swollen. 
"I-I don't know," you reply. 
"Did you and Mark fight?" Joey asks. You nod your head when Jessica isn't looking and Joey sighs. 
"Mommy! Are you and Mark appa okay?" Jessica asks. You nod and gently brush her hair with your fingers. 
"Whatever. I'll just drive you two," Joey says. He takes your bags and puts them in the car trunk. You finally arrive at the airport and check in. You see Mark sitting down by the boarding gate. Jessica runs up to him and she gives him a hug. You see Mark smile and hug her back. Joey takes a seat next to Mark and Jessica while you slowly start to walk towards them. You take a seat next to Joey and try not to make eye contact with Mark. 
Finally, the flight

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter