Chapter 12

Love Finds Its Way
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two days later, your mom enters your room early in the morning. She has a big binder in her hand, and she sits next to you on your bed. You start to wonder what all of this is for.

“Mom, what’s the binder for?” you ask, with a confused look.

“Your birthday party of course!” she exclaims. “It’s going to be huge! Right there in our biggest ballroom here!”

“I don’t think I need a grand birthday. It’s only my 22nd birthday,” you say.

“Don’t be like that! This might be the only time you spend your birthday here at the hotel, so make it count!” she smiles, holding your hand.

“Alright, mom. If that’s what you think is best,” you smile.

She opens the binder and shows you the plan. There’s a three-tiered, white cake with a lavender ribbon and many decorations. Wow this is really extravagant, you think. She shows you a lavender gown with a silver ribbon draped across the middle.

“This is your dress! You’re going to look absolutely beautiful in this dress!” she exclaims. She shows you the rest of the plan for the big party. You’re happy about it, but you get the feeling of asking her about the company and if Suzy did anything.

“Mom, how’s the company doing?” you suddenly ask, making your mom wonder why you suddenly asked such a question.

“Well, it’s not doing too well. You see, our company just got hacked, and we can’t find all of our old information. Everything is gone!” she worriedly says.

“Oh my goodness! What? Do you have any idea who did this?” you ask, holding her hand.

“Yes, we do. In fact we investigated it and we found out that it’s someone from JYP Entertainment. Don’t worry, none of the employees did it,” she replies.

“It’s Suzy, Mom. Suzy from Miss A. She’s did this to ruin me, because she knows Mark is falling in love with me,” you say, looking down at the carpet. Your mom is speechless and she just nods and quickly walks out the door. What was that? you think. Since your mom left the binder on your bed, you take the time to look at it. On one of the pages, your mom wrote down that you need an to the party. You wonder who you’re going to choose as your . Maybe Mark or Myungsoo, you think. You don’t want to hurt either one of them. After a couple minutes of contemplating, you finally settle for Myungsoo. You know you’ll hurt Mark, but this is the right thing to do. There is a blank line next to the word, , so you fill in: Myungsoo. You close the binder and lay down in your bed. I need to tell Mark before he finds out from someone else. I have to be honest, even if he’ll get hurt, you think, but then another thought comes to your mind, Never mind. He’s not going to believe me. He’ll think I’m saying that because he’s a celebrity and he likes me.

       That night, you take a walk inside the big ballroom where the party will be. It’s huge, and you don’t want it to be this extravagant. Just then, the door opens and you see Mark wearing a plain shirt, jeans, and a snapback. He walks over to you and looks into your eyes.

“So, this room is for your party huh?” he asks, looking around then looking back into your eyes.

“How’d you find out about the party?” you ask, crossing your arms.

“I got an invitation, Idiot,” he laughs, putting his hands in his pockets. “So, what should I get you for your birthday?”

“Uh, you don’t have to get me anything. It’s fine if you don’t,” you quickly reply. He thinks for about ten seconds then finally says something.

“I got it! I want to give you the best birthday gift, one that you’ll appreciate, no matter what,” he says, taking a few steps towards you.

“What?” you ask, moving back a bit, but he grabs you and pulls you in closer to his face.

“An advanced birthday gift, so that I can be the first guy to give you one,” he seductively says, looking at your lips.

“W-what is it? Why are we like this?” you ask, but your heart is beating so fast, almost like you can’t control it. Right before you get the chance to ask another question, he leans in, grabs your waist, and gives you a passionate ki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter