Chapter 13

Love Finds Its Way
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your dad’s words repeat over and over in your mind. You can’t believe this and you have no idea what’s going on. Mark and Myungsoo are giving you stares you never even imagined they would give you. You give your parents a “What’s this all about?” look and your mom takes the mic and explains, “We feel that she needs to get married early, so that when the time comes, she will have a family to run the company.” You walk over to her and you whisper, “Mom! Dad! What’s this? Marriage? I’m okay with taking over the company but why do I have to get married with someone I don’t love?”

“Sweetie, you love him, though,” your dad says.

“Everyone, we already talked to our daughter’s future husband’s family. They approved of it. I would like this young man to step up on this stage with us. Mark Tuan, please come up,” your mom announces.

Mark is shocked, and so is everybody else. The camera takes pictures of him and pictures of a surprised you.

You go over to your parents again and say, “Mark?! Why him? He doesn’t even know that I’m that girl yet!”

“Don’t worry! We have a plan on how to tell him,” your mom says, rubbing your back.

“We know you love him,” your dad says.

Mark finally walks up on the stage and goes up to you.

“What is this all about? Did you know about this?” he asks you.

“No, I didn’t!” you reply.

“It’s not like I’m opposed to getting married to you, but I’m not ready for marriage! And my parents even agreed?” he says, trying not to look too problematic in front of everyone. Everyone applauds, and your parents lead you down the stairs to go down. Mark’s parents meet you at the bottom of the steps.

“Hi, nice to meet you,” you say, looking at the familiar faces.

“Oh my goodness! Y/N? It’s so good to see you again,” Mrs. Tuan exclaims.

“Shhh!” Mr. Tuan says, giving her a weird look.

“Wait, you know her? You’ve met her before?” Mark asks, shocked. “Is there something I don’t know? If there is, tell me now before we get married.”

“Son, we’ll talk about this after the party. We don’t want to make a scene,” his dad says, patting his back. Mark quietly nods, still wondering what’s going on.

“Are you guys alright with this?” your parents ask in unison. You and Mark respectively say “yes”. You’re both alright with getting married with each other. It’s just that everything is happening too soon. Of course, you’re still thinking of how you will explain everything to him. You know you’re even more worried than him. It’s happening too fast, but you know you’ll have enough time to prepare for it. The party continues, and Myungsoo approaches you.

“Why didn’t you oppose, Y/N? Why? You know I love you and I want to marry you! Why Mark? I’ve known you for nine years! You’ve known him for one month!” Myungsoo yells.

“No, I’ve known him my whole life,” you tell him.

“What?” he asks, confused.

“I’ll explain to you tomorrow. I still have preparations to do tonight,” you say, rubbing his shoulder. He nods but he’s really pissed off.

        As you go around each table to greet everyone, Yu Ra takes your wrist and drags you to the back of the ballroom.

“Y/N! I can’t believe this! You’re getting married to the super cute guy we’ve been watching on TV for years!” she exclaims, giving you a hug.

“Yu Ra, you’re the sweetest, but I’m not ready for this!” you tell her.

“I know. If I were you, I wouldn’t be ready for marriage either, but think of a great future with a celebrity, and a great future as a CEO of your company!” she assures you. You give her a hug, because you’re so fortunate to have such an amazing best friend. You’re worried, though. She doesn’t know about your past, and you know you’ll hurt a lot of people. Mark walks up to you and takes your hand. You make eye contact with him, but you don’t want to. You feel guilty and you don’t know if you can face him.

“I’m really happy I’m going to have a future with you,” he says.

“Why do you love me so much, Mark?” you suddenly ask, wiping off the smile he had on his face.

“Why do you love me?” he asks.

“I love you, because you made me love you, but there’s a lot of things you still need to find out about. I don’t want to hurt you, but I will,” you say.

“Why would you hurt me? You never did,” he says, kissing you on the forehead. He walks away and sits back down in his seat at his table with the GOT7 members.

How is this going to turn out? you think, staring at his happy face.

    After about another hour, the party finally ends. The hotel employees are cleaning up the ballroom and you get changed to a much simpler dress in your room. Your family and Mark’s family are having tea in the tearoom downstairs, and you’re nervous. Mark’s dad finally opens his mouth and decides to say something.

“Mark, there’s something we’ve hidden from you for a long time,” he slowly says, making sure his son doesn’t freak out. “It’s also something the Jang family has hidden from both of you for a long time.”

“What is it, Dad?” Mark asks, anticipating his answer.

Before his dad can reply, your dad interrupts, “Well, we’ve hid it from Y/N for a long time, but she found out just recently. A week ago to be exact.”

“Just tell me, please!” Mark yells, not having any more patience.

“Do you remember the time your first love had to move to a different place? When we told you that her family wanted to start a new place somewhere else?” his dad asks. Mark nods.

“The real story is, she lost her memory because of the accident, and we all thought it would be traumatizing for her to see you and the rest of our family again. They moved to Korea, and she started her new life as a new person,” he continues.

“Wait, what does this mean?” Mark asks, giving you a feeling he already has the idea.

“Son, your first love, Y/N (original name), is Y/N Jang. This beautiful girl you’re going to marry is the person you have always loved your whole life,” his dad says, patting Mark’s back. Mark is speechless. He looks back at his dad, to you, and back and forth until he feels like saying something.

“WHAT?” he yells, standing up, “So you’re telling me that this girl I fell in love with is the same girl I’ve been looking for almost my whole life? Dad! Mom! Why did you keep this from me? Didn’t you see how much I suffered when she left? I almost died! Yes, I’m very happy I finally found her, but the fact you hid all of this from me makes me mad!”

“Mark,” your mom says, “I know we all hid it from both of you, but even if you suffered, you still found each other. That means you two are really meant to be.”

“Yeah, well no wonder you looked like her mom,” he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter