Chapter 16

Love Finds Its Way
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just as you’re about to reach the hospital exit, you bump into Junior. You try to avoid him and try not to make eye contact, but he grabs your wrist and looks into your eyes.

“Y’N, I’m sorry about earlier. I have a favor to ask of you,” he tells you.

“I forgive you and what’s that favor?” you ask, trying not to cry about what Mrs. Tuan just told you earlier.

“Will you go back with me to Jinhae? My hometown? It’s GOT7’s break and my younger sister is really sick. My oldest sister is in America, so I was hoping that she would have an unnie of her own for now. She has a heart problem, and we’re trying to make her happy. Please?” he tells you, begging you with a sincere tone. Oh no. I feel so bad, you think.

“Okay, but only for a short amount of time. Maybe 2 weeks?” you reply with a sweet smile.

“Yes! 2 weeks is fine! Thank you so much, Y/N!” he replies, jumping up and down. He hugs you tightly and you hug him back. After all, everything was fine between you two now.

           You go back to the hotel feeling so exhausted and depressed. Mrs. Tuan’s words keep on replaying in your mind, but you think that hopefully this small vacation at Junior’s hometown will make you feel a lot better. You didn’t even say bye formally to Mark. The next day, you pack your clothes and items, and Junior waits for you at the front of the hotel with his car. He opens the car door for you and you sit down. As he starts to drive, he smiles at you and puts his hand on top of yours.

“Y/N, thank you so much for doing this. My little sister watches you on TV and hopes to visit the hotel someday. She’s basically your idol,” he tells you.

“It’s no problem. I want to help her and she must be cute right?” you ask him, making him smile and nod. Jinhae is about a 5 hour drive away from Seoul so you and him decide to take a couple rest stops. You stop at a gas station after about 2 hours of driving, but you start to feel a bit sick. While Junior pumps the gas, you go out of the car.

“Jinyoung-ah, I’m feeling a bit sick. I’ll just go to the bathroom real quick,” you tell him.

“Okay. Are you alright?” he asks you with a worried look on his face.

“I’m fine!” you tell him as you run to the bathroom. When you reach the bathroom, you immediately throw up in one of the toilets. After about 10 minutes, you feel better, but you can’t seem to explain this feeling. You’ve never felt this before and it worries you. You hear a knock on the women’s bathroom.

“Hey, Y/N. Are you okay? You’ve been in there for quite a while. Do you need help?” you hear Junior ask you with a worried tone.

You walk out of the bathroom and say, “Yes, I’m fine. I just threw up a lot, but I’m sure it’s nothing.”

He holds your shoulders and says, “No. I’ll buy you some medicine.”

“No, I can do it myself. Just wait out here,” you insist. He nods and let’s you go inside the store. In some cities in Korea, they ask you for your symptoms and they give you the medicine, no matter what kind it is, even if it’s just a painkiller. You go to the counter and an ahjumma greets you with a big smile.

“How can I help you?” the ajhumma asks, still smiling.

“Uh…well…I just threw up right now and I was wondering if you could give me something for it,” you reply, a bit hesitant.

“Fever?”

“No.”

“Stomachache or headache?”

“No.”

She asks you so many other questions and your answers are always no. Soon enough, she asks you one last question.

“When was your last period?”

“Um…it was last month but I haven’t had mine for this month yet. It should be coming soon,” you reply, feeling nervous.

“Alright. Well, because of all of your answers, the only thing I can give you now is a pregnancy test,” she replies and shrugs.

“Wh-what? A pregnancy test? I’m not pregnant and I’m sure!” you exclaim.

“Miss, when was the last time you did it?” she asks you seriously.

Just as you’re about to say never, you remember the night of your birthday party and say, “Um…about two and a half weeks ago.”

She smiles and plops the pregnancy test on the counter.

“I’ll give it to you for free,” she says as she turns away and continues to work on something behind the counter. You leave the counter with your knees shaking. You walk out of the store, but you forgot that Junior was still waiting for you.

“Y/N! You alright? Did you get the medicine?” he asks you, super worried. He sees the pregnancy test in your hand, and he covers his mouth. You give him a small smile and walk to the bathroom. You take the test and the results are positive. You start to cry. No, no, no this can’t be happening! you think. Mark’s the father and he doesn’t even remember you. You sit down and cry so much for so long. You’re surprised that Junior doesn’t knock again, but you know that he’s probably just giving you a bit of space. You cry and cry, and you also think about how your child might not grow up without a father. You think about how you were supposed to have a huge future ahead of you at the company. Everything was just falling apart now. You didn’t regret having the child, but you just wish that Mark could help you and support you. After crying a bit more, you finally have the courage to face Junior. You walk out, your face still puffy from crying. You approach him but look down. Without even having to say anything to him, he already knows. Instead of asking you questions, he just hugs you tightly.

“I will always be here for you. I love you and I’ll protect you no matter what,” he whispers, gently you hair. You both get back in the car and he drives without saying a word to you.

“Yo! You want to listen to some music? I’ll turn on the music!” he says with a big smile, trying to cheer you up. You give him a slight nod and he turns on the music. GOT7’s “Forever Young” starts to play and you feel the tears coming. The song starts off with Mark’s voice in the beginning and you start to cry again.

“Oh no. I’m so sorry. It was just the last song I played in my car. I’ll change it,” he tells you, holding your hand. He quickly changes it and the song changes. This next song that plays is “A” by GOT7, but it’s still a GOT7 song that starts with Mark’s voice. You cry even more and Junior turns it off as fast as he can.

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t have even bothered,” he tells you, freaking out a little bit.

Finally having the courage to speak, you reply, “Jinyoung, it’s alright. I just want to be in silence for now.” He nods and holds your hand the rest of the drive. You finally arrive at Junior’s house, but you remember that you have to be strong for his little sister. He opens the car door for you, and you slowly step out of the car. Still feeling so drained, you put on a smile and stand straight. You can’t act weak in front of his family. He opens the front door, and his mom is inside the living room.

“Ah! Jinyoung! My son! I’m so glad you’re here!” his mom exclaims and gives him a big hug, “And, who is this beautiful girl? Wait! Aren’t you Jang Y/N? I saw you on the paper yesterday! You’re getting married to Mark! Junior told me about a girl taking care of Boyoung, but I didn’t know it would be you!”

Junior, you, and his mom all sit down on the couch, and he tells his mom everything. From you and Mark’s story, to how you found each other again, to how Junior himself loves you, to Mark’s accident, and to the fact that you’re pregnant.

“Oh my. Y/N, sweetie, it’s alright. We’ll take care of you here. If you don’t feel like taking of our Boyoung, then I will understand. What matters first is your health. You need to get a checkup immediately!” she tells you, patting your shoulders.

“Tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter