Chapter 28: ALMOST THERE

Forbidden Love (Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo had gathered everyone, vampires and humans alike, in the field with a determined and confident look. She carries the air of a warrior and queen. She stood at the middle of the crowd, Tzuyu and the rest behind her. she's really nervous to stand in front of a large crowd but she's trying to hold it in and prove herself to them. She released a deep sigh before laying out a map on the middle of the wooden table in front of her. Like most of her belongings, the map is enchanted. She said a few incantations before the map showed a tall but wrecked building in the middle of what seems to be a forest. 

"The night we've been waiting for is coming. Within two nights, we'd be in our greatest forms as the blood moon rises above us all with its full glory. This is our only chance to take down those who have hurt us, get back our stolen lands, avenge our fallen brothers, and save the living ones." 

Everyone roared by what Momo said. She clenched her fist and raised it, shutting everyone down. Her nervousness long gone, she spoke again.

"We will be divided into five teams. The first team will be Soojung and Amber. Their goal is to give us an entrance. We have an army inside the enemies' teritory and the pair will give them a warning for them to give us a way inside." She placed the blue chip on the tower and put it beside the black chip.

"The army inside will then be our second team, their goal is to shield us all silently as possible until we get inside the perimeter and taking down the south guard post. After the south guard post has been removed a battle cry from Soojung will serve as a signal for attack. This is where the third and fourth group comes in. The third group which will be the vampires, lead by Taecyeon, will eliminate the west side guard post which has about thirty percent of Yuki's army." Momo placed the red chip on the west side of the map. 

"Then the fourth group, with the leadership of Jihyo and her pack, will be the werewolves and humans, you will take down the east side guard post." A green chip is then placed on the east side of the map.  

"Now team three and four have to remain in the field and make sure that no enemy can enter the main tower. The fifth group, which will be Nayeon, Tzuyu, Dahyun, Sana, Seulgi and I, will be the ones to enter the main tower with the assistance from the first and second group. Our main goal is to kill Myoui Yuki who is at the top floor and end this war, once and for all." 

"Are you sure that killing Yuki will be the end? I heard he has a right hand that is even more evil than him and what about his followers?" An individual from the crowd asked, Momo believed his name is Jae. 

"The right hand you're probably talking about is named Irene. Seulgi and Nayeon will take care of her so it doesn't matter. As for his followers, withoud a leader they will be lost and we shall guide them back to the right path but if they go against us then we have no choice but to punish them with death," Tzuyu stepped forward. 

"What Tzuyu said is indeed right but killing should not be our first option. We could still imprison them unless they're really fighting back," Momo added to what Tzuyu had just said. 

"What about the fourth group? How can Jihyo lead us if they are no where to be seen? They haven't returned  and it's been days since they bid farewell!" Another man shouted. Momo remembered him as Taeyong. 

"They will be here soon, their scent has been lingering. I believe that they will be here by sunrise and we shall welcome them with open arms," Momo replied. 

"Aren't we out numbered? I heard rumors about Yuki's followers has a population of more than half a hundred thousand. All skilled and trained to be the best?" A vampire named Yuna asked.

"Let's not be bothered by our current numbers anymore as I relay you this promise. We've asked help from other empires and they will aid us the night of the war. Do trust that we also have men inside the enemy's teritory and it's also a big number," Momo reassured the crowd.

The crowd murmured but no questions was raised again. Soojung took this sign to end the meeting. "If there are no more questions, keep in mind that we will tomorrow evening. Pack your essentials and rest up," Soojung dismissed them. Seulgi then ushered the immortals back inside the mansion as soon as the crowd disperse yet Tzuyu and Dahyun stayed to observe the camp.

Tzuyu was the first to go a different way while Dahyun jogged to reach the same pace as Tzuyu's. "You've been quiet these past few days," Dahyun murmured once she was able to catch up. "Aren't I always like this?" Tzuyu returned the question with a poker face. Dahyun looked at her with an annoyed expression. 

"Yeah, you're always quiet but what I mean is you actually don't speak anymore. You look so serious, no snarky comments, or scary expressions," Dahyun said. 

"Just deal with it," Tzuyu calmly said. 

"Is it because of what Momo told you?" Dahyun asked all of a sudden. Tzuyu stopped on her tracks and quickly grabbed Dahyun's two arms. She looked around the place if anyone is paying attention to them. She then whispered, "You knew?!"

"Of course I would know. I've been living with her since I could remember. We're not just best friends we're family," Dahyun replied.

"How can you deal with the knowledge of her death without going crazy?"

"Because I trust the bearer of the knife. The knife is kept by the right person that Momo chose so therefore she shall be in good hands no matter what," Dahyun answered nonchalantly. 

"Do you even know the bearer of the knife? What if it's an enemy? Or someone who's pretending that they're our ally?"

"It doesn't matter Tzuyu, I trust Momo's judgement and you should too," Dahyun shrugged. 

Tzuyu looked incredulously at Dahyun. The siren seems to be not aware that Tzuyu might actually be the one to bring death to Momo since she is the bearer of the golden cursed knife.  

"If this is the only thing you're worried about t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter