Chapter 24: SECRETS OF THE WITCHES

Forbidden Love (Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene is intrigued by how Mina could teleport easily like that. Was she born with that kind of talent? Did she learn it while growing up? Irene is not so sure so she went to someone who could feed her curiousity. Someone who has lived in the past just like she did. Someone like Kim Jennie. 

"Who are you?" Jennie asked after Irene barged into her apartment found at the outskirts of Seoul. "Think Jennie, think. Who am I?" Irene asked. She took the liberty to sit at Jennie's couch while the owner stood confused by the entrance. "How did you know my name?" Jennie asked once again. Irene chuckled by how confused Jennie seems. "It's only been three decades since we last saw each other and you already forgot who I am?" Irene asked with a small sweet chuckle. Jennie's brows creased before she realized what's really happening.

"Joohyun?"

"I thought it'd take you years before you could remember who I am."

"Why are you here?" Jennie asked. She checked to see if no one's around before retreating back in her apartment. "I thought you could no longer reincarnate?" Jennie asked and sat across Irene. "I made a deal with the demon, he let me live and I actually get to have my sister back although she doesn't remember anything from the past. Turns out the demon is friends with a wizard and I was sold to him along with my sister years later," Irene explained.

"That seems nice but the consequences must be pretty tough," Jennie said. "It is indeed. My soulmate was cursed to have powers that she either loathes or love and no neutral part to it," Irene agreed.

"Well, at least you get to spend more time with her."

"That's the worse part. My soulmate probably hates me now after knowing I've been working with darkness," Irene sighed. "Trust fate and he'd do everything for you guys.You ain't meant to be soulmates for nothing, right?" Jennie cheere and it did lighten up Irene's mood for a little bit. "Enough of me, how have you been living here?" Irene asked while she studied the place Jennie's been staying. "Pretty lonely, my pals decided to join an army of people to end this bull war," Jennie answered. 

"Why didn't you come with them then?"

"I've already been at words for a thousand years now, I don't need any more trouble in my life. If it only wasn't for this stupid curse I woul have vanish in this world," Jennie replied.

"What's bad about being immortal? You get to live for years. See changes of every people. I'm pretty sure if you didn't go incognito years back you could've been a billionaire and get everything you want."

"I do get to witness people change. I see them grow and get old. I get to see them die too. I see all the changes in every way possible but I'm just too tired of moving forward, I'm tired of being forced to move forward."

"You'll find someone who could break your curse, I'm pretty sure of that."

"I hope somebody can provide me a blood in the shade of blue, if someone could produce that, then I'll finally say my farewell to these dumb people," Jennie joked and it made Irene to laugh even if it only lasted for a while. "But I'm also pretty sure that you're not just here so you could catch up with my life. You need something from me. So tell me Joohyun, what is it that you need?" Jennie asked. 

"Wel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter