Chapter 23: SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS

Forbidden Love (Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Even after what happened yesterday, Momo continued her job as a "leader" of the army they've been preparing. She entered her father's library and was welcomed by the scent of book, such a pleasing smell for someone who grew up with a poet father. She began her search with where she left off yesterday in the book she was reading. 

For about 15 minutes, Momo is almost done with the journal but she still haven't found anything worth of attention. "What exactly are we looking for again?" Nayeon ask while Momo read her father's journal. "A prophecy that includes vampires, werewolves and witches," Momo replied still not looking up from her book.

"Okay, but what book are you reading?"

"It's a journal father wrote from the Kamakura period," Momo answered. "What is he telling about the Kamakura period?" Nayeon asked again, this time Momo took a break from reading and faced her girlfriend. "It's just a whole bunch about a witch and vampire falling in love and having a child, the mother died though and father took shelter of him. I'm actually wondering where the boy is currently located," Momo answered.

"You should continue reading it, I bet you'll find it soon. I'll go look around too while you read," Nayeon said and patted Momo on her shoulders before walking away. Momo proceeded to read where she left off.

Today, I've been recognizing the power that Yuki holds. He almost killed his friend while they played by the river. I saw him crushing the poor boy's neck out of anger, it was a good thing I came before he could completely kill the kid. I'm scared that one day, he'll no longer be strong enough to withhold his abilities. I've also met a gray-eyed lady by the market today, she's beautiful as the cherry blossom tree blooming at my backyard. 

Momo turned another page and new information was given again.

I've seen the lady again but she seems to be avoiding Yuki. Is it because of his unusual green eyes? I hope he doesn't scare her away. Yuki is unstable today but as long as he's by my side I shall protect him and the people around him.

Momo laughed at the possibility of her father falling in love with the lady he just met at the market. She still went on to read though.

I learned that Sakura is her name and she has a younger sister named Kiku, she's just the same age as Yuki. The sisters both have gray eyesand it truly fascinates me. I wonder how they have those kind of eyes.

Momo is guessing that the two ladies her father had just met are oracles. Oracles existing back at the Kamakura period exictes her.

I haven't been able to write for years. I had to move a lot because of wars, Sakura and Kiku came along with Yuki and I. I've married Sakura too but not before telling her what I really am and so far we've been living happily. I noticed how Yuki sometimes steal glances from Kiku too, I've b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter