Chapter 17: VISITING THE ORACLE

Forbidden Love (Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The roof is falling apart, the paint of the walls are fading, windows and doors are broken and the gate all rusty and old. No one would think this place was once a home for children who had no families. A house that was filled with great and happy memories. 

A car parked right in front of it, something unusual especially if the car can only be afforded by the rich ones. A lady with some shades on, got down from it. 

She unlucked the gate swiftly as if she was used to sneaking in and out of the place. She headed to the main door confidently as if she only left for a few days and not a decade. She knocked on the door gently.

A girl with gray eyes opened the door since she was expecting to see someone visit the abandoned building but she was so wrong. "Joohyun what are you doing here?" The girl asked.

"It's nice to see you again Seulgi."

"And I also go by the name Irene now," Irene corrected her. "What are you doing here? How did you find me?" Seulgi asked, a step close from hyperventilating. She missed her old friend but they must not meet. Not now, when things are starting to get messed up.

"Aren't you going to ask me first how I was doing the past decade?" Irene asked back. "I know you were well you got adopted by some rich couple anyway now you may leave," Seulgi replied trying to keep the conversatiom short.

"How come the foster home turned out like this?" Irene ignored Seulgi's remarks and continued looking around the area. "A few months after you left kids stopped coming in and Ms. Hwang was only waiting for us to get adopated before they close it. There are some who didn't get adopted, mostly people aged above 18, they left the foster home and lived alone from then on, I was one of them," Seulgi answered.

"Can I come in?" Irene finally said, Seulgi hesitated but let her in. The place looked old and dead from the outside but once inside it felt warm and alive. The lobby is surprisingly clean and no dust can be seen. Seulgi lead Irene to their bedroom together with a few other kids and it looked just how she remembered it. 

"I tried to maintain the place even after they closed it. No one lived here once the foster home got shut down and from time to time I visit it just to reminisce some memories," Seulgi told her as Irene looked around.

"You did pretty well in that and Seulgi I thought you were blind," Irene suddenly said once she realized that her old friend is no longer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter