Chapter 17

From Dawn Till Dusk

Andy tapped his pen ever so slightly against his chin as he stared at the man in front of him. The man was currently giving a lecture, and speaking through a microphone with a serious yet dreamlike voice. Andy thought he could fall asleep to that soothing voice anytime.

Clicking his pen subconsciously, he narrowed his eyes at that lecturer, whom he had spent lots of connections and money to just get a space for his lecture. As much as Andy did not like it, he had to admit that being born with a gold spoon and a renowned family had its perks sometimes.

It was seldom that he used such privileges, for he did not like to flaunt his family’s wealth and power. The last time he used it, it was to save both him and Hyesung in dire situations that they could not get out from. Andy often reserved these privileges as a last measure, and for special cases. He decided that this lecturer was worth him the trouble.

Now, looking at that person who he took pains to meet, Andy nodded his head slightly with approval. God knows how long he had waited to meet this person, the famous J.H, who is renowned in the small industry. J.H had been one of the pioneers that made a huge change to the hacking industry. While it is not known what profession he used to be in, he became known as the first few white hats in the industry, whereby he placed his skills into good use for government purposes.

Andy listened intently to the skills and technique imparted, and it was as if he was returning to school all over again. His notebook was filled with scribbles as he tried to understand everything J.H was saying. It was a big deal to him, for knowing how J.H worked and program things would mean that he would be able to break the barrier easier. Not that Andy was a black hat. He considered himself as a gray hat, since he felt that he was just another alternative to the police that tried to help the needed as well. It seemed a legit enough reason for him to do and think how he did.

Leaning on his palm, Andy’s thoughts were slowly drowned out by the voice of J.H. The lecture ended sooner than he had expected and Andy quickly snapped out of his thoughts. Grabbing his belongings, he weaved and shoved through the others who were preparing to leave. Seeing that J.H was already near the exit, he quickly rushed up to him.

“Wait!” Andy panted a little and reached out to grab J.H’s arm. The man stopped in his tracks before turning his head. Raising an eyebrow at Andy, he pointed to the hand on his arm. Widening his eyes, Andy quickly let go of his arm and blushed a little. Dragging a hand through his hair, Andy bit his lip.

“What is it?” Andy looked up, stunned momentarily upon hearing the man’s deep voice. The man made no expression, only to say, “I don’t think you stopped me just to see my face, did you, Mr. Lee Sun Ho.”

“How did you-” Andy blurted out, a little shocked at how the man knew his name, his real name at that. The man shrugged before walking away. Andy stared shell shocked at the man, who turned back after a few steps. Giving a slight smile, he said, “It was good work at overcoming the security system, Mr. Lee. I look forward to more challenges in the future.”

Andy was thoroughly confused, as he looked at the retreating figure.

Who was he? What was his real identity?

Andy had put in a lot of effort to ensure that his real identity was not revealed, even to the outside world. To many, he was just a normal citizen. There was no way J.H would have known that he was the heir of the renowned Lee. Corporations, since there was only two people who knew about it. He was very sure that Hyesung and Dongwan would not tell a single soul. Heck, they couldn’t even be bothered with it, and even found his identity troublesome.

So, who exactly was this person?

Besides, how is it that J.H knew that he had hacked into the system? Although Andy had been really sure that was the work of J.H’s, he had always been a little in denial, as he knew that J.H was perfect in his work. The other day where he found traces of evidence that had not been cleaned off properly, it just didn’t seem like J.H to be so careless. Scratching his head, Andy huffed in annoyance.

Andy shook his head in disbelief as he walked into the carpark. Going towards his car, he opened the door and got ready to get in before he heard a voice.

“Yeah, sure. I’ll see you later, Dongwan.” Andy raised an eyebrow and turned to the voice. The owner of the voice was unmistakenly J.H’s. More confusion arose in Andy as he heard Dongwan’s name. Was it the same Dongwan that he knew? Or was it someone else with the same name.

Yet if the man had really known Dongwan, then who was this man really? How did Dongwan even get to know J.H? Andy sighed from all the thinking, yet decided to shrug it off as he entered his car. He didn’t have the time to think about it now, for he had other much more important things he had to settle, such as going home to fulfil his duties as a son. Andy groaned internally at the thought of his wretched fate.

He would give anything to be a normal average person, without having to abide to strict family rules and a life that had been paved out for him. Though he could have some liberty to do what he loved as of now, he knew that in the near future, he would be called back to help his father. Andy did not anticipate this even one bit. It was not the life he wanted to lead, yet it was everyone’s wish, especially his mother. He would never go against his mother.

Whatever will come, will come, he decided. For now, he shall put his life as Andy away for a while and return to being Lee Sun Ho. Sighing for the last time, he sped off to the one and only place he deemed as both heaven and hell.