Prologue

From Dawn Till Dusk

“Yah, Jaewoo, are you sure this is safe?” Late night, a teenage boy which looked no older than the age of 16, prodded his friend with a stick. He looked around in the pitch black surroundings, and pulled his jacket closer to him. The slight warmth did not seem to help, as he still shuddered from the cold air.

“What? Are you afraid now?” The other boy taunted, as the both of them continued to trudge in the midst of wild grass. Squinting his eyes and shining his torchlight right in the darkness, a small outline of a mansion could be made. Punching his fist in the air silently, he praised himself for his ability to find the place even at this time of the night.

“No. Not really. I just thought you might be.” The boy shrugged his shoulders. It was now or never, to show his classmates that he was not to be pushed around. If he could just prove all of them wrong, then he could be the one everyone looked up to. Just one round around the mansion. Just one round will do.

Silence fills the air as the two boys continued forward. Only their heavy breathing and the rustling of the leaves could be heard, as they advanced closer and closer to the mansion…

“Hola! Are you guys here to explore the mansion too?” A cheerful voice rang out, and the boys stopped in their tracks. Heaving a sigh of relief of hearing another human sound, they shone their torchlight in search of the human, but all was empty.

“Up here!” The voice echoed around, and the boys lifted their head to the sound. As the light shone onto the tree branch, their eyes widened and their lips quivered at the figure sitting on the tree.

“AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!”

In the middle of the night, two screams vanished into the darkness, and back into the campsite. And the story of the mansion, which was always the talk of the town, was never brought up.

Never again.