Chapter 12

From Dawn Till Dusk

“Who are you calling?” Dongwan jumped a little upon hearing Minwoo’s shout once he opened the door. Looking around the house, he tried to look to see if anyone was around, but found nothing. Minwoo hurriedly stood up and flashed next to him.

“Nothing.” Minwoo remarked casually, as if nothing had happened beforehand. The pure innocent look on his face showed nothing that betrayed him; a good practice from the global star, who used to be an actor as well. Dongwan looked at him sceptically but decided not to press any further. It wasn’t a big issue either, he was just curious.

Walking up the stairs, he thought about how crazy he must have been. From the first time he met the ghost, he did nothing but to treat him like a person. It was funny how it never registered in him that he should have been afraid, seeing supernatural beings. Yet he didn’t. He couldn’t fathom why, but it was probably the fact that this ghost was Lee Minwoo, and it made all the difference.

“Where did you go today?” Minwoo followed behind him, attempting to strike up a casual conversation.

“To a client’s workplace.”Dongwan replied simply.

“I thought you weren’t taking up any new cases?”Minwoo asked, remembering what Eric had said the last time he came. He was grateful that Eric had provided more information about Dongwan, but the experience was not a pleasant one.  

“Yes. The keyword is new.” Dongwan pointed out, “I equate new clients to new cases. Since this isn’t a new client, it’s not a new case.”

Minwoo rose his eyebrows and thought in deep concentration, but yet he couldn’t understand Dongwan’s logic. Turning back to look at Minwoo, Dongwan saw the confusion on Minwoo’s face, and broke out in laughter. Sending a death glare towards Dongwan’s direction, Minwoo gave an irritated ‘hmph’ which sent Dongwan laughing again.

“New cases are generally much more difficult to handle, because you are not familiar with the clients yet. Since you don’t know them, it’s difficult to know what they prefer and you have to spend so much more time just to match their preferences. It is a different case for old clients, since you know what they want. You just do it for them and poof! You get your money and they get what they want.” Dongwan kindly explained. It seemed to be quite logical, and Minwoo couldn’t point out if there was any wrong with the statement. In the end, he just nodded in acknowledgment.

“So, this old client…Are they difficult people?” Minwoo questioned, not wanting the conversation to end there.

“Well, technically so. Most clients are picky people, but this one needs much more attention.”Dongwan remarked, thinking before adding, “Well, I mean, they should be, judging that they are in the entertainment business. Visually attractive is a very important factor, even if it is just a webpage for the company.”

Minwoo nodded again, understanding completely about the entire logic. After all, half of his living life he gave it to the entertainment industry. It was in him to make everything look glamourous or even to have a ‘wow’ factor in it.

“Which company is it?” Minwoo asked curiously. He didn’t know about the other industries, but if it was in the entertainment industry, he knew most of the people.

“SHCJ entertainment.” Dongwan replied, and Minwoo raised an eyebrow. SHCJ entertainment? Wasn’t that the company he was under when he was alive?

“SHCJ entertainment? How long have they been your client?”

“Oh, really long ago, back to when I just started off as a web designer almost 15 years ago.” Dongwan gave it a thought and did a calculation before answering Minwoo’s question,” I was really lucky. I quit my job and decided to embark off my new career, and this opportunity just came along the way. Eric came along the way and helped me get my first client, which was SHCJ entertainment. It was a good experience.”

Eric? Minwoo scrunched his eyebrows at the name, but was now curious about the man. If he was able to help Dongwan get the job, then he must have had a huge background. SHCJ entertainment is a top company, no matter in the past or the present. There was no way they would have hired a new person with no prior experience, even if this person was really talented.

“Your friend…this Eric…Is he a very rich person? Or does he have a family with a huge background?” Minwoo asked.

Feeling odd about Minwoo’s question, Dongwan tapped a finger against his thigh and thought before answering, “Not anything that I know of. Eric have always been living alone from the first day I met him. I’m not particularly sure with what he is doing, but it’s something related to computer programming. Eric’s really good with computers. Although I use computers to do designing, he is the one to turn to when my computer needs fixing. Why do you ask?”

Shaking his head, Minwoo gave Dongwan a bright smile, “Nothing. I’m just curious about him.”

“Alright.”Dongwan shrugged his shoulders and proceeded to go into his room, “I’m going to have a change of clothes first. Don’t you dare intrude.”

Laughing at Dongwan’s warning, Minwoo shook his head and swore that he wouldn’t. After the door closed with a ‘click’, Minwoo pursed his lips into a thin line while he thought about all the newly given information.

Eric…If he had any connections to SHCJ entertainment, if he was not what Dongwan had thought him to be, would he have known anything about him? Minwoo sighed as he leaned back against the wall. He thought he had let go off trying to find out what happened to him, and he thought he should. Yet everytime when he heard about some places or things that had used to be connected to him, he couldn’t help but to think if it would help in solving his death case.

Shaking his head, he tried to throw off all those thoughts.

Whatever will come, will come. When it was the time, then he would spend the time to worry and ponder about it.