Fourth Run

Youth of Lily
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FOURTH RUN

Just one day, if I can be with you
Just one day, if I can hold your hands
Just one day, if I can be with you
Just one day

 

 

“Yimo, my mom said last time the soy-sauced crabs you gave to us were delicious. She wants to know if she can ask you for the recipe.” 

“Of course she can ask me anytime.”

Jin was walking into his house when he heard some familiar voices were talking. One of them was his mother’s voice and the other one was Sohee, he recognized those voices owner. Jin didn’t rush to go inside the house, as he knew. Instead he calmly took off his shoes. He was already used to Sohee came in and out inside his house since he was child. Sohee’s parents were working until late. They occasionally entrusted Sohee to his mother to take care before they came home. His mother was housewife.

“The key of cooking soy-sauced crab is you must buy live crabs two hours before, leave it inside freezer until you’re going to cook it. That way you can get a fresh crabmeat. It is more delicious than crab you bought for days. Soy-sauce crab is perfect to eat 3-4 days after you cook it.” Jin saw his mother was talking to Sohee at the dining table. It looked like Sohee just ate dinner in his house.

 

“I’m home.” Jin greeted his mother.

“Oh, Jin. You’re coming home late tonight. Have you eaten anything?” Jin’s mother stood from her chair.

“I have eaten with Yoongi before coming home. Jin put down his backpack on one of the chair then walked to refrigerator to grab some drink.

“Alright, if you want to eat more there are some leftovers in the refrigerator. Your dad probably won’t eat too. He is working late today.”

Jin nodded after sipped in his cold water. After put back the bottle inside, Jin proceed to go to his room. When it happened he was aware that Sohee followed him behind.

 

“What do you need from me?” Jin asked after putting down his backpack on his study table.

Sohee closed the door behind her.

“I saw you and Yoongi hanging out with two freshmen after school today. What are you doing with them?”

“It’s Yoongi or I that you want to know?” Jin folded his hands.

“Of course Yoongi. Why do I want to know your doing?” The girl flicked her long hair.

For a second Jin looked hurt but he casted away the expression.

 

“He is making crew with them.” Jin turned around to take out some books from his bag. “Can you get out from my room? I want to change my uniform.”

“Why did Yoongi make another crew? Didn’t he join one already?” Sohee didn’t do the request.

“He got into fight with them and called it quit. Can you really go out from my room? I’m tired for today.” Jin turned Sohee’s body and pushed her to the door.

“Why Yoongi choose those two boys? Isn't he quite picky about people he worked with?" Sohee still talked while Jin pushed her out.

 

Jin didn't answer the last question. When he was about some step away from the door, Sohee opened it again and peaked.

"What did you and Yoongi eat before go home?"

Jin lost for word. "Why don't you ask Yoongi himself?" He tried to close the door again but Sohee was being persistent. "Do you want to see me changing my uniform?"

Jin let the door opened and removes his blazer first. That time it was Sohee who stunned for a second before she quickly closed the door.

"Like he will answer if I'm asking."

 

Jin didn't react to it. That was not one or two day Sohee asked him about Yoongi. It had been going like that since the first day of high school. It just happened to be that way. One day Sohee started gaining more interest about Yoongi out of nothing. She was used to complain that Yoongi was meant to her when Jin played around with the boy. Yoongi talked rudely to her since they were child. He could be really mean if he didn't have interest to the person. Mostly he didn't care about people other than himself.

Jin didn't know if getting into the boy’s circle friend meant good or bad. All he knew was he got into trouble because of Yoongi's attitude each times. One day there was student from neighboring school stopped him near dead alley for a "talk". Another day a senior warned him to be careful around them. Then, this year, he got into Park Sem's bad student list. What a great life and friend he had. 

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

 

"What will we do today with Suga Hyung and Jin Hyung?" Taehyung started talking with Namjoon after the bell to end school period rang.

Namjoon didn't answer. Taehyung kept talking.

"Aren't you excited about this crew idea?"

"Not at all."

 

Namjoon already finished to pack his things from table meanwhile Taehyung had also done before Namjoon did. He didn't have much thing on the table. He wasn't listening to the lecture from the start. All he did was only doodling on his notebook with his pen. He did it almost all of the times. Teacher never gave him attention because it made him looked like he was taking note for the lecture. Beside he was sitting with the smartest student among first grade.

 

"Should we start to think about our crew name? I watch SMTM 5 last night before sleep. Those rappers have some weird stage names. Should I create one for myself?" Taehyung followed Namjoon to stand up from the chair. He chased him close and kept pestering Namjoon with his talk. He didn't look at his way. It caused him trouble for bumping into another student when he wanted to get out from the door.


"Ouch!" The student grunted as he fell forward and ended up on the floor. Taehyung quickly gave him a hand and apologize.

"I'm sorry. I didn't...."

The student slapped away his hand and stood by himself. He ran away before Taehyung could say another thing.

Taehyung looked bewildered for a moment because of the student's strange behavior.

"You see that? You see that? He is Park Jimin. He is the weird kid I told you. Do I look like suffer for a contagious disease? He treated me like one." He started it again.

Namjoon only rolled his eyes and started to walk again.

 

"What's wrong with him actually? Do you think he is more antisocial than you?" Namjoon gave him stark eyes for the question but the boy didn't aware of it. "That could be bad. It's high school. Moreover it's our first year. We should enjoy it while we can."

Namjoon didn't say anything Taehyung. Their interaction was always like that. It was Taehyung who did the talking part meanwhile Namjoon only heard it with one ear and it went out from the other one. But sometimes Namjoon would give him a say if he thought it was necessary. 

"Namjoon! Do you hear me?"

"What?"

"Should we ask Jimin to join the crew? It would be fun for him too, I think. We can have more members. The more the merrier. "

"Shouldn't you ask Yoongi Hyung first? I don't think he will agree to add more strange member into the crew."

"You're right. I will ask him later when I meet him."

"Even if he allows it, it doesn't mean that this Jimin guy will agree to come with you. Like you said he avoids people. That means he doesn't want attention draw to him."

"Why he didn't like attention? At some point people will covet for it. We absolutely wanted a good amount of attention from people, a recognition."

"He isn't you. Not everyone feel the same with you."

"Why?" Once again Taehyung asked the same question.

 

Namjoon only sighed. It was pointless to talk about these things with Taehyung. He wouldn't understand that each people could be totally different to him. There then, this boy was never aware that Namjoon also didn't want to be bothered since the day one they became seatmate. Taehyung would invade into Namjoon's personal space each time he could do it. Namjoon was sure enough that Taehyung would do the same with Park Jimin.

 

"Suga Hyung! Jin Hyung." Suddenly Taehyung exclaimed and waved crazily to two existences that were standing about 200 meters in front of them. They just walked out from a classroom, probably their class.

Jin waved back to him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter