Seventh Run

Youth of Lily
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEVENTH RUN

As if every autumn leaf has fallen

As if everything that seemed eternal is going further away

You’re my fifth season

Because even if I try to see you, I can’t

Look, to me, you’re still green

Even if our hearts aren’t walking, it walks by itself

Our foolishness, like laundry, is being hung piece by piece

Only the bright memories are dirty, it falls on me

Even if I don’t shake my branch, it keeps falling.

 

If youth was season, it was spring season, a moment of life where everything looked green. Everything looked so much alive and active. People looked like they were having all they needed to do everything. They owned the world. And even when they knew that the moment would soon be withered, they wished for that moment to last forever. Holding onto it to the last string.

 

"Are you ready?" Namjoon looked at each of his friends.

They were forming a line by standing side by side. Yoongi was standing on the left edge of the standing line. Jin then Jimin was on his next. Beside Jimin Namjoon was standing with Taehyung on his right side. Good amounts of people were standing in front of them meanwhile Sohee was standing among the crowd. She was holding Jin's digicam while waving at them and them pulled down a fist to say: "Hwaiting and good luck".

 

"Let's get start." Yoongi said to him while he was in charge turning the sound system on from his left side. They all were Yoongi's equipment. An older friend of Yoongi was helping them to bring the equipment from Yoongi's place to Hongdae Playground. He also drove the crew to Hongdae.

Namjoon gave Yoongi a ready sign then glanced at the nervous Jimin. He looked was about to freak out for a second and then he became calmer. Namjoon wasn't sure what to do with him, but he quickly got the performance starting.

"Hey you, what’s your dream?

Hey you, what’s your dream?

Hey you, what’s your dream?

Is that all your dream is?!"

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

 

"Hyung, can I play my skateboard instead of practicing dance with you and Jungkook? I don't feel like I want to dance right now."

Howon was quickly asking for Hoseok's permission once the group arrived on the practice scene. The group was contained of Howon, Hara, Hani, Jungkook, and Hoseok as the oldest. Hara was holding hand with Hani to keep her from getting lost in the crowd meanwhile Howon brought his plain black skateboard.

"Okay but don't go too far. Keep your phone with you so I can call you anytime."

Howon nodded and quickly dashed out to look for clearer space where he could play. Then Hoseok turned to Hara and Hani.

 

"I-..." Hara looked like she wanted to stay for watching Jungkook learned dancing from Hoseok but she was hesitated because of Hani. The little girl would be bored if she came to this crowded place only to sit down watching people do something.

"I will take Hani to buy something she can enjoy then comeback here." Hara decided to bribe the younger one first.

"Okay. Don't get lost and take care your sister."

Then the group was separated into several activities. It left only Jungkook and Hoseok alone.

 

"Should we get start warming up first?" Jungkook asked.

Hoseok decided to show how to properly warmed up before getting start. He pulled his left arm to the side for some seconds. Jungkook followed him right away. They were getting start as soon as they finished to warm up. Hoseok explained some basic steps to Jungkook that he picked up quick.

Hoseok was right Jungkook had a good sense of rhythm and he was quite flexible.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

 

"That’s a lie, you such a liar. See me, see me, ya you’re a hypocrite." 

Jimin was taking the stage after Namjoon rapped the bridge with the same repetition from the first verse. It was hot on the stage moment right there. People looked quite enjoy the song Yoongi and Namjoon worked with a Hyung Namjoon knew. Jimin was drowning to the momentum. He was glad that he managed to sing the song even though his eyes kept wandering around so he wouldn't meet with other's people eyes. He tried his best to perform, just like Sohee's suggestion to him.

"Why are you telling me to go a different path? Take care of yourself. Please don’t force me..."

That was the moment when it was happened.

 

"Yah! Are you singing? Is this what you called as a song?" Someone from the crowd threw a bottle at Jimin's head. It was a male with red hooded jacket.

Jimin was frozen on the spot. He stopped singing his part and let the music went on. His hands were started shaking hard. His eyes caught people were staring at him. The memories were coming down as they were waiting for the right moment to break him down. That was the right time to do it.

 

"Let's see a pig performing. Have you seen that?"

People were laughing. Camera's light flashed out in front of his eyes. They were mocking at him. People were staring at him, as he was an alien object showcased on podium. They were pointing their hand at him.

 

"Are you asking for death? Probably your ears were clogged by ." Yoongi's angry voice was drawing him back to the scene.

Jimin saw Yoongi threw his microphone until it made loud feedback that caused people covered their ears for a moment. The red hair boy marched toward the guy. Jin followed after Yoongi to stop him fighting with the guy. Taehyung and Namjoon soon joined them leaving Jimin alone in the center. People's attentions were diverted from Yoongi to Jimin several times. It was like they were comparing which scene was more thrilling to watch, a raging red hair boy or scared frozen pig in the front.

 

It was a big mess. Jimin didn't remember what happened clearly. All he knew was he saw intercut images between Yoongi's fight and people from his past laughing at him. The memories were fused into one scene at the moment. The ground started to shake under his feet.

Jimin lost his consciousness.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

 

"G-gom se mari ga han jib e isseo." Jimin tried hard not to cry. He kept moving his body as they told him to do.

"Ya! Are you a bear? You are more like a pig! Change it to pig, you Pig." Someone from the group threw a milk carton to him.

Jimin did it as he told.

"Make a sound. You are a pig, right? Let us hear your piggy sound."

"Dwaeji se mari ga han jib e isso..."

 

Jimin let out "oink" on each introduction about the pig family. But the guys from the group wouldn't let him go easily. They kept adding task to him. Jimin kept doing it repeatedly from the scratch each times they did comment. The song never reached the end.

On that kind of moment, sometimes Jimin would wish that he could die right in the place. He hoped that the ground that he stepped his feet on would opened up and swallowed in him inside. But then one of those guys said the ground wouldn't do it because it could make its self so full until it would want to throw Jimin out again.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

 

"Jimin, Park Jimin, are you awake? Do you see me? You remember me, right? I'm Kim Taehyung. Do you see how many is this?" Taehyung let two fingers up in front of Jimin's eyes.

"He was just lost consciousness not lost his memory, you dumb." Namjoon nudged him aside.

"I know but he can also lose memory if you see how hard he fell into the ground. I watch people on movie and drama always do that when people start to gain their conscious back after fainting."

"You should stop watching some trash and start to fill your brain with things that are more useful."

"You are hanging out with Suga Hyung too much that causes you start picking up his personality."

 

Jimin felt like his head hurt so much. Namjoon and Taehyung's bickering made it hurt more. Where was he?

Jimin started to get up from the chair they put him on to lay down. He was still in Hongdae but the place was less crowded than before.

"Are you okay? Have a drink first." Jin showed up with Yoongi and a drink in his hand.

Jimin took the bottle from Jin.

 

"That guy is an idiot. He didn't know a good music." Yoongi said to the air. He didn't face Jimin when he said that but Jimin had a feeling that the older guy said it to comfort him.

"I'm sorry that I messed up our first performance." Jimin stared down

"We could try it again when you are ready anytime. Don't feel pressured about it." Jin said it while putting a hand on Jimin's shoulder.

 

Jimin didn't say anything. He didn't know if he would ever be ready. Maybe it was a bad idea that he started to think that he was changing. He was still the same person as before. Jimin was still the little pig in the song those guys told him to sing each times they decided to have some entertainment from him.

"Let's walking around here. We should see by our selves how good those people are to dare making fun of our song." Taehyung suggested an idea.

Yoongi didn't disagree about it. Moreover he was eager to get revenge once he caught a guy like the guy who ridiculed them performed some tras

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter