First Run

Youth of Lily
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

FIRST RUN

This is a ring called a classroom
This is a stadium with no referee only an audience
You know there will never be a victor
everyone will lose
There will be no victor everyone will lose

 

“YAH! KIM NAMJOON! If I said you to do it you should be grateful and do it.” A body was thrown to the floor. The other three stepped closer. One of them leaned forward and grabbed the fallen boy’s collar. “Are you asking for death?”

On top of the school building, those three high school student who standing tall cornered someone who was shorter than them, right in the middle of them. Like a rat who cornered inside the trap maze but the boy didn’t look afraid of them. He stared back that the guy who grabbed his collar and cursed on him. On the right chest there was a nametag. It was written Jung Rahoon as the student name.

“That is your test. Why should I do it for you?”

The student called Rahoon snickered with widened eyes and mouth. He came closer right in front of the slanted eyes boy he threatened. “Aren’t we friend? Friends are supposed to help each other. Did your mother never teach you that? Ah, I forgot. You didn’t have mother or father.”

 

The rest boys laughed at the supposed-to-be-joke, but Namjoon didn’t show any reaction to the words.

“Whoa, this kid is really asking for death.” Rahoon swung his fist quickly toward Namjoon several times. It made the boy lied flat on the ground with slightly bleeding on the lips corner.

“Have you done with this?” Like the act didn’t hurt him at all, Namjoon stood and stare at Rahoon. His eyes was unwavering. Still the same stare like before.

The comment made Rahoon’s anger hit the max. He lifted his fist once again but being hold by a shout out from the door.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Park Sem!”

Rahoon tried to ignore to so-called trap. He knew it wouldn’t be real, but the shout didn’t ended.

“Are you in the middle of patrolling?”

Rahoon’s followers became agitated as they heard closing step sound. They could hear a thing tapped to the floor along with the step sound, just like their counselor’s habit.

“Rahoon, it looks like Park Sem is really coming.  You’ll be in trouble if …”

Rahoon still held his fist high but couldn’t do anything. In pissed off expression he lowered his hand and grabbed Namjoon’s collar once again. “You’re lucky today but next time it will not be like this. Be careful if I see you.”

After saying that he let go Namjoon and turned his body toward the door. “Let’s find that jerk who dared to jump in.”

 

After they left Namjoon quickly fell to the ground. His body was slightly trembling but he tried to stop it. He let out a relieved sigh but it wasn’t happened for long time. A clapping sound and someone’s laugh were heard. It made Namjoon put on his guard once more. He stared that the door, the source of those sounds coming from.

A red hair boy was appeared with big grin plastered on his face.

 

“It looks like my decision was right. You look so bad. Almost going to faint.” The boy put his hand on the hips and leaned on the doorframe. “You need help to go to nursing room?”

“Who are you?” Namjoon kept his eyes on the boy. He didn’t want to get into another trouble and the boy in front of him didn’t look like a nice one. His uniform was messed. His hair color was too contrasted with his pale skin color, but it made him look more aggressive despite his easygoing attitude right now.

 

The red hair boy stepped into the rooftop. Namjoon quickly stood up to defend himself.

“Yoongi. Min Yoongi. And you?” He held out his hand for a handshake after standing in front of Namjoon. He took a glance on Namjoon’s nametag. “Ah you are him. I know you, the student who rank first on the entrance test this year. You’re really smart, huh? How could someone get that high score on English? It was almost perfect.”

Namjoon stared at the hyped boy. He didn’t mean not to shake the hand but the boy who called Yoongi already moved on to another focus. He talked like anime character.

“Sorry, did I talk too much?” Yoongi was aware of Namjoon’s strange stare on him. He scratched his neck awkwardly.

 

Namjoon didn’t answer it. He decided to pick up his books from the floor. Some of them looked bad with footprint and torn. It made him let out a sigh. He couldn’t afford another new book to replace the broken one. This was for the second time. His money wouldn’t last for him to eat if he did it this month. The left option was only borrowing from someone and memorized everything inside for each torn books. This would be exhausting for him.

Namjoon didn’t care about Yoongi doing something

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter