Fifth Run

Youth of Lily
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FIFTH RUN

Breathe or dream
Row the oars along with your heartbeat
if you are trapped in the other’s thin judgments
then the sun will set on your life like a court

What am I doin’ with my life
this moment won’t ever come again
I’m asking myself again, am I happy right now?

 

 

"Oh good-bye days

Ima kawaru ki ga suru

Kinou made ni so long

Kakko yokunai yasashisa ga soba ni aru kara

~With you."

A song was faintly heard from the earphone. Along with it, the listener was also humming it softly. No one was in the place at the moment at the stairs that would lead you to the rooftop. That was why he could feel at ease for a while. No one would stare at him. No one would judge him. He was safe alone.

Actually it was an irony. He hummed the song that telling him about something changed but in the fact he was all the same. Nothing changed inside. Jimin listened to the song repeatedly in hope that it could help him to feel the same. He hoped that the song could strengthen him. Just like the song's next lyric. Sadness and fear were bound to come even if he didn't want it. He couldn't help it.

If only he could say "hello" and smiled to the thoughts. Instead he was running from it. He confined himself each times they came.

 

"I didn't expect it to be you."

A bright tone from husky voice startled Jimin when he heard it. He saw the classmate on the day he had a moment of freaking out in the bathroom.

At a fast thought, Jimin was about to run away from there but the boy held him first. He insisted him to stay.

"For your information, I don't have any contagious disease. Why do you keep running away from me? I'm not a bad person. Ah at the bathroom, I'm sorry if I said mean things to you, which I didn't mean it to be mean. I'm just joking with you. You are overreacted to it. I'm Kim Taehyung. You know me from the same class with you, right?"

 

Jimin saw the square smile that he recognized it each times the boy laughed while he was talking to his friend in the class. Kim Taehyung. Of course Jimin knew the name of his classmate.

"You've got nice voice. Do you enjoy listening to the music? I made a crew with my friend and some upperclassmen. You know if you want to join us." There was a hint of doubt at the last sentence Taehyung said. He didn't know if the other boy would agree to it, but he really wanted to make friend with him.

"I-i'm sorry. I don't have any interest in joining a crew."

Jimin was actually confused at the crew word. What did the boy mean about it? But that time he was thinking that he should get away from this place. People would start getting their attention to him. It could be bad.

 

"Why? They are fun people to hang out with. Well, Suga Hyung is a little bit rude and scary but he is good. He has good taste for music. Jin Hyung doesn't say much but he will listen and answer to you. Namjoon, you know Namjoon, right?" Jimin nodded nervously. Taehyung started it again. Talking never ended. "He is the smartest student in the class, uhm out of all first grade I mean. He looks like will ignore you at first but he actually responds to your talk. They are my friends. You can be my friend too. The more the merrier. Don't be antisocial. This is high school. You should enjoy it while you can. This moment will not come twice in your life."

 

Jimin lost for word. He looked dumbfounded at the speed of Taehyung's talking and the amount of his words.

 

“Alright it will give you more convince if you meet them in person. Come with me.” Taehyung started to grab Jimin’s arm again. The boy had a moment of repulsion but Taehyung said another thing to him. “They won’t bite you, you know. You have been attending this school for more than a month, how can you stand of not socializing with other?”

Jimin didn’t want to talk about it. He tried to release himself from Taehyung but the boy was strong. He didn’t let him go at all.

 

“Where are you coming from before? You’re not from Seoul, right? I can hear your accent.” Taehyung tried to start conversation with Jimin as they walked to an empty music room that happened to be occupied by the other three.

“Busan.” Jimin reluctantly answered. After all he couldn’t ignore the boy who kept talking to him.

“Oh, Busan! I like sea. Do you go to play in sea often?”

“Not really.”

“Why are you transferring in the middle of semester? Why not at the beginning?”

Jimin stunned at the question. He stopped walking. His hands started to shake at the thought of the reason. He should calm himself. Divert his thought from the memories that had threatened to resurgence inside his mind.

“Is it something that you cannot talk about? I’m sorry. I won’t ask for more. The other members will be at music room. Let’s go before the break is ended.”

 

To run away. Jimin answered it inside his mind while followed Taehyung to get into the music room. He knew that he shouldn’t run away from problem but he was weak. He lost on the battle with himself and people.

 

“Suga Hyung! I got you another member to join our crew!” Taehyung seemed really took his word seriously. He didn’t bother Jimin to tell him anything more; instead he opened the door with exaggerated manner. Greeting the other three persons who was sitting inside the room while doing something that Jimin didn’t know about.

Did the boy do this as a habitual?

One of the students groaned as respond to Taehyung. It made Jimin flinched. He looked piss off and his hair was red. Was he the leader here? He might be Suga Hyung that Taehyung told him. Indeed the guy looked intimidating, like the guys from his old school.

“I think I asked you to buy water and snack last time not to scout another freak into the crew.” The red hair put down some papers he held to the small chair/table in the center of those three.

“Why? The more the merrier, Hyung. We could have more fun with more people.” Taehyung amazed Jimin for his unwavering attitude toward the scary older student. Then, indeed it might be one of his personalities.

 

“Come on, Jimin. I’ll introduce you to the other member.” Taehyung dragged Jimin to get closer.

“Can someone remind me why I accept to get involved with this crazy guy?” The red hair boy grunted while wiping his face.

“You signed for this craziness when you asked me to join your crew. Taehyung won’t leave anyone out once he decided.” The student Jimin was familiar with profusely said to Suga. He was Kim Namjoon. He knew him, the smart student in the class.

Suga grunted again. It was really discouraged Jimin. He thought that he wasn’t invited to the place. He wanted to get out from this mess but Taehyung held him.

 

“Don’t be bother by Suga Hyung. He only looked rough outside. Inside, he is really kind.”

“When did you see me act kind to you, Kid?” Suga growled at Taehyung.

“This is Jin Hyung. Hyung, this is Park Jimin, my classmate. New transfer student.” Taehyung didn’t respond to the question, instead he introduced another guy that Jimin didn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter