Tenth Run

Youth of Lily
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TENTH RUN

Everyone's running but why am I still here

So far away, if I had a dream,

 If only I had a flying dream

Don’t go far away, if I had a dream,

 If only I had a flying dream

 

 

"BEACH!!!" Taehyung and Jungkook screamed aloud at the first sight of the place. They were excitedly running toward the water.

 

Hoseok, Namjoon, and Yoongi followed after them right away. Just like what Jin guessed before Yoongi would come along no matter what. He would only resist at the first try. And based on Yoongi’s expression, Jin knew that Yoongi didn’t regret coming on this trip. Five of them were playing happily on the seaside. Going toward the wave, chasing each other, and trying to drown any members they could catch. Mostly, it was Taehyung who became the target of drowning. But the boy looked didn’t mind it. Taehyung and Jungkook were already drenched from head to toe, played splashing water to each other, like a kid. Taehyung was as vibrant as usual. Even when they were on the way to come here, the boy didn't stop chattering. It was like he'd never been absent for four days.

 

Jin was holding his camera for recording scenery and the crew at the beach. And at the opposite personality from Taehyung, there was Jimin who stood beside Jin silently. He didn't follow them along. Jimin didn't even feel like going to beach. If Taehyung hadn’t bothered him since five in the morning and threatened to pick him up from his house, probably Jimin would rather stay at home.  

 

"Are you okay, Jimin?" It was for the third times Jin asked the boy since the canteen's incident. He didn't know why but Jin felt like he should ask the boy several times just to get a glimpse about his real thought. It was like Jimin was hiding something over his silence.

"About what, Hyung?"

"About coming here. It looked like you didn't really want to come."

"Yeah, if not because of Taehyung, but that's fine, I think."

"Do you hate beach?"

Jimin stared at Jin when he heard the older boy asked.

"If you said it firmly, you actually can refuse to come along. Taehyung will not force you to come. But you never said anything to us. I mean, you can always tell me anything, or us. Don't bottle it inside."

 

Jimin were stunned at first. His mind shortly drifted into his memories of past, involving with a group of people, a lot of water, and drowning. It made him short of breath for second, like he was under the water. Jimin tried to take control over those thoughts. He learned not to let his mind wandered far away. Then, Jimin smiled at Jin's sincere offer.

 

"Actually I didn't particularly hate beach. It was just I have some bad memories involving big amount of water. That made me felt a little bit uncomfortable but I can manage it."

 

That was the first time Jimin talked about his past. Jin was eager to hear more but he didn't ask anything. He let the boy took his own pace on telling the story. But once again Jimin didn't talk much. He ended it on the last sentence.

As a transfer student from Busan, Jimin probably grew up accustomed to play around the beach. It made Jin wondered what actually happened. Was there a connection between those memories and the prison that hold Jimin inside? What made the boy was so trapped inside his fear?

 

Anyway, things that were hard for Jimin to talk about it might be big problem enough. Jin didn't want to push the boy to talk although he really wanted to know it so he could do something for the boy. But, Namjoon was right. You couldn't help someone who didn't want to be saved. It was not Jin's place to pretend hero. And Jin was not Yoongi. He couldn't do big things like Yoongi did.

 

"Jin Hyung! What are you and Jimin doing there? Come here! Have some fun. The water is really good. It felt refreshing." Taehyung called as he splashed the seawater.

Jin looked at his camera in his hand and hesitated for a bit. Jin didn’t know where to put his camera if he was going to play with the rest crew. The other five left their belonging and shoes carelessly on the sand but Jin couldn’t do the same.

“Leave that to me, Hyung. I’ll record everything for you.”

 

Jimin’s offer enlightened Jin, but he was not sure if he should leave the boy alone.

“Will you really be okay?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter