A Passing Attraction

Captured Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Sorry for the extreme delay in updating this. I was't sure where to go with these two and after hearing from a reader that she was missing them, I sat down to write and I magically knew where I was going. I hope you enjoy. Sorry it's so short, I'm home with a sick kiddo and he is very needy lol)

She sat at a table in the café where she worked, her shift had just ended and she tried to concentrate and make a grocery list. Lately she had picked up some extra shifts and the extra hours, while a welcome addition to her bank account, had forced her to slack on things such as grocery shopping. She had been either eating at the café or stopping for takeout on the way home each day. She had managed to get a few days off and was going to hang out at home and relax.

The sounds of customers talking, the door dinging each time someone came in and left, and the noisy machines behind the counter made it hard for her to concentrate so she slipped her ear buds in and started some music. All was well and focused until her playlist shuffled to one of her favorite songs. As soon as the music started the pen fell from her hand and she closed her eyes and sighed. She hadn’t seen him but once or twice since their date. He had been busy with the new album’s promotion and then almost immediately after that, they started getting ready to tour. They exchanged texts back and forth, mostly random pictures and rushed hellos and goodbyes as they went on with their normal lives. That was part of why she had tried to be working more, it was easier to let him slip from her thoughts if she was kept busy.

He drove down the street and without realizing it he found himself out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter