Beautiful Girl

Captured Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks later

 

Hyesung had asked her to meet him at the park they had walked to on their first date. He’d been really quietly lately and it made her nervous. She got dressed and grabbed her purse. She took a cab and had it drop her off at the entrance. The sun had already set and the park was lit by moonlight and a few street lights shone. She walked down the path to bench where she had bared her soul, cried, and then fallen asleep against him. As she got closer she saw candles flickering and could hear music. When she was about 5 feet from the bench she saw that he had set clusters of candles in tall brass candelabras in a semi circle around the bench and white rose petals were scattered all over the ground. Her heart started to race and she walked to the bench slowly. On the seat there was a folded piece of paper, she picked it up, opened it and read it.

“Close your eyes.” Her hands shook and she set her purse on the bench beside her and closed her eyes. Her heart thumped so loudly she heard it in her ears. Suddenly the music shut off and all was silent. Her ears strained to catch a sound….any sound that would tell her he was near. but all heard was the flicker and pop of the candles and the wind that blew through the trees. A whisper in her ear startled her.

“Open your eyes, Celeste.” She did and Hyesung stood in front of her. He wore the same outfit he’d worn for their first date, minus the hat and sunglasses. She hadn’t been sure what he had planned so she dressed simply in a classy linen shift dress in a pink that reminder her of the cherry blossoms that clung to the trees above her. Her hair was pulled back off her forehead with a headband that had a white bow attached. Her shoes were white lace up ballet flats.

He’d watched her walk up the path towards her, she hadn’t seen him because he’s ducked behind a tree. The moment he first saw her flashed through his mind. She had looked nervous but her eyes kept him in her sights. The night they had gone on their first date and ended up in this exact spot. Even then, with tears in her eyes, he thought she was the most beautiful woman he’d ever seen. The past few weeks he had been busy. He’d made a call to her parents to ask for her hand in marriage, then he’d met with his family and told what he’d planned to do. He had gotten approval from both sides and made plans to fly her parents out for an official family meeting if she said yes……oh god he hoped she would say yes. Her mother had provided him with her ring size and also told him she preferred silver to gold and that a simple ring would appeal to her more than something huge and eye catching. He’d made secret visits to a few jewelers that catered to celebs, ones known for their ability to remain absolutely discreet. He had picked a simple but elegant silver ring and had the words Beautiful Girl engraved on the inside of the band. It waited in the pocket of his jeans in a black velvet box.

He watched tears start to glisten in her eyes as he dropped to one knee in front of her and take her hand. She lifted her free hand to her lips and he could see that it trembled.

“Celeste Shea……from the moment you caught my eye, I was drawn to you. Your gentle nature, the way you care so much about everyone around you…..these things, they are part of the beauty that shines so brightly within you. Even when you didn’t think we were a good fit, I knew I had to have you in my life.” He paused and squeezed her hand gently. “During the time we have been together I have experienced more happiness than I thought was possible. And the moment that you looked at that picture and saw that we did indeed fit well. You finally saw what I already knew.” He smiled at her and pulled the box from his pocket. He watched her eyes widen and her felt her whole body tremble. He released her hand and opened the box and took out the ring. He took her hand again and looked into her eyes.

“Celeste….Celly…..My Beautiful Girl. Will you marry me? Spend your life with me, share happiness and make me the happiest man in all of South Korea?”

Her mind flooded with all the moments of Hyesung in her life…..from the first night, when they lay on the bed in the guest room and talked…..to the next day when he walked into the cafe and started her……the look of disbelief on his face when she had shared the things that haunted her….the look on his face when he’d held her after she had been discovered. The last thing that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter