Unexpected Revelation

Captured Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He could feel her staring at him, watching him fiddle with the marshmallows, avoiding her gaze. He just told her something he’s never said to anyone and he nervously awaited her reaction.

She reached over and took his hand gently, her now warm hand gripping his graceful, slim one carefully, like a bird that might fly away. “Shin Hyesung, look at me.” She spoke softly and when he lifted his head he could see compassion written across her face, like the lyrics to a song he just discovered for the first time.

“Don’t ever doubt yourself. You, are beautiful, inside and out. You have such a kind heart. You held me when I was crying. That means so much to me.” She bites her lip nervously and he suddenly can’t his eyes off . “I’ve never been more nervous around someone as I am around you. Something about you makes me feel like you are looking into my soul with a mere glance. And then before I know it, I’ve shared all my secrets and shown you my weak side, which I fight so hard to keep hidden.” Her hands started to shake and she hides them under the table, in her lap, where they twist nervously, fluttering like two birds in a cage.

She’d done it again, made him want to comfort her and tell her it’s all going to be alright. She managed to comfort him with a few words and also to make him feel like he could endure anything as long as she was there to build him up. He can’t help but to look at her in wonder.

The look on his face made her hands still and she reached up to pick her mug again, finding it empty. A glance around showed her that the place was empty and the staff watched them, anxious to get done and go home. “Hyesung”, she spoke his name quietly, “its late. We should probably go now.”

He stood and left a tip on the table before he moved to her and held out his hand to her. She stared at it for a moment before she put her hand in his and let him help her from the chair. Together they walked out the door and to his car. He unlocked it and helped her in, his hand brushed her shoulder lightly as he buckled her in. As he walked around the car, she reached over to unlock his door. Surprised he opened it and got in the car. She smiled at him shyly, “I remember my mom always did that for my dad when I growing up.” He smiled back at her and started the car. “It’s a nice gesture and I appreciate it very much.”

She nodded at him and settled back into her seat. He backed the car from the space, his head turned to watch for incoming traffic and he reached out casually and took her hand and held it in his. She glanced at him, her expression one of mild shock and happi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter