Unexpected visitors

Captured Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the first time in a while Celeste made it to work on time. She danced around in the back as she got the food for the morning shift ready and made sure there was stuff prepped for the lunch shift. She went out and swept the floor and cleaned the windows. She had called her boss first thing and let him know that they had a coffee delivery set for 10am and he cleared it. Another worker would come to cover her while she delivered it. She started the coffee for regular orders and made two catering containers full of a nice bold blend. She unlocked the door and waited for the first customer. She had a repeating loop of Hyesung’s song playing over the speakers and a smile on her face as she waited for it to be time to take the coffee to ShinCom. She was leaving at 930am to give herself plenty of time to get there.

When it was time to leave, she ran to the back and grabbed her jacket and made sure her pigtails were straight. She grabbed the coffee and headed out the door, a wave thrown back at the girl that came to cover her. She got in her car and drove off, excited and anxious at the same time. She arrived and went through security. They led her to the conference room where the guys were meeting.

She left with sigh, they had been too busy working on confidential stuff so she had left the coffee in the break room. She didn’t even get to see him. She shoved her hands in her pockets and walked back to the car. She went back to work and followed her daily routine.

(here is where things get silly. A friend and fellow SHCJ suggested she meet each member individually and I came up with funny scenes for them. Hope you enjoy.)

Dongwan

After the meeting had finished Dongwan went to the break room to grab a fresh cup of coffee. He thought about the call from Hyesung over the weekend and wrote down the name on the delivered coffee and he went to find the address. He left the building and headed for the place where Hyesung’s new girlfriend worked. He wanted to see for himself what she looked like. Sometimes Mama Bird could exaggerate…..was this girl really as pretty as he had been told?

He parked on the side street and got out of his car and snuck up to the window to look before he went in. He saw her as she had her back turned while she pulled shots for a drink. He went to the door and slipped in quickly and made his way to the counter.

Without turning around Celeste called out over the rumble of the espresso machine.

“I’ll be with you in just a moment.”

He jumped because he couldn’t figure out how she knew he was there.

DING!

He turned and looked, someone had come in and the door had dinged…….well that explained it. He mentally face palmed himself and stepped up to the counter, ready to place his order. She finished the drink she had started and handed it to the customer. She turned to him and her eyes wide.

“Goat…..I mean…….HI…….um what can I get you, sir?” She stuttered as she looked at the man in front of her. He was way more handsome in person and she had to take a moment before she could breathe normally.

He was equally startled. The way Hyesung described her……it was perfect. She looked adorable In her barista uniform and her hair, in pigtails that reached just past her shoulders, was a lovely shade of dark brown. He shook his head for a moment to clear it.

“Um…..i’l have a……”, he glanced at the menu over her head. “I’ll have a coffee and a cookie…..chocolate chip.” She tilted her hat back slightly and looked at him.

“Didn’t you already have enough coffee?” She inquired softly.

He was stunned by her directness and the humor in her eyes.

“Yah, you’re not responsible for my life, I’ll drink as much coffee as I want.” He used his best nagging tone of voice.

She rolled her eyes and got the coffee and slipped a cookie into a bag and handed it to him and told him the total. He paid and left, a huge smile on his face as he walked back to his car. Hyesung had picked a good one this time.

 

Eric

As CEO, he felt it was his duty to know as much as he could about the member’s romantic partners so when he walked into the little café he went straight for the counter, not seeing the man that brushed past him as he left, the man had a smile on his face.

Celeste stood there in shock as Eric Mun stared down at her. He looked like he judged her somehow and she didn’t like it one bit.

“What, you don’t like something about me?” She hid her nervousness behind directness. He flinched for a second.

“I am here for a cup of coffee and a sandwich. No need to jump my .” He watched as her face fell and she turned to get a cup for his coffee. He noticed her hands shook slightly and he felt bad for his tone. She turns back, his cup in hand. Her face is flushed red and her eyes are bright like tears are held back. He took the cup and started to speak in the baby voice he likes to use.

“Mianhae, please forgive me.” He made a silly face at her and she started to giggle. He was relieved that he had been able to change the mood so quickly.

“I was curious after Hyesung’s call this weekend so I decided to come for myself the woman that made his nights restless and made his face light up. So far I like what I see. You are direct but still gentle. I’m sorry I upset you.” Eric reached across the counter and touched her hand gently. She smiled back at him and flipped her hand to shake his.

“It’s nice to meet you, Mr. Mun.” She looked behind him and saw a line almost to the door. “As much as I want to talk more, I have to get back to work.” “She reached into the cold case and grabbed a ham and cheese sandwich and slipped it in a bag and handed it to him. “Have a nice day sir, I hope you enjoy your coffee.” She gave him a smile and a wink and he winked back. As he left he glanced back at her and wondered what the others would think of her.

Minwoo and Andy

He was sitting in the lobby, his eyes watched people pass on their way back to from lunch. He had seen Eric and Dongwan return earlier, each carried a cup of coffee and a brown paper bag with a cafe logo and name on it. He recognized it as the same coffee that had been delivered during their meeting. It had been very good and the staff had finished it off. He decided he would go get some more and see what kind of sweets they had. As he was headed out the door, he heard someone call his name. He turned to see Andy, who had his coat in one hand and Minwoo’s in the other.

“Hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter