Chapter 18

My Jeon Jungkook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sitting in the passenger seat of her bullies car, tension begins to build up as did awkwardness. An air filled with so much silence that the only thing heard was the running wheels outside. Neither one of them could get a word out so instead, the vibration of Tzuyu’s phone cuts the awkward silence in the air. Bringing it up to her view she sees it's a text from Taehyung.

‘U home safely?’

‘Nope. Still with the Devil.’

‘How long does it take?’

‘Who knows, I’m not the one driving. Maybe u should ask him.’

‘We really pissed him off today.’

‘Ehh. I don’t rly care tbh.’

Looking over at her, Jungkook catches the letters T.A.E and almost immediately takes the phone off her after figuring out it was Taehyung before rolling down the windows and tossing it out like a piece of trash as Tzuyu’s eyes widen.

“What the hell?!”

Jungkook doesn’t answer and continues to drive.

“Stop the car,” she says calmly, her eyes glaring at him as he continues to stay silent.

“I said stop the car!”

“You have no power over me so I can do whatever I want.”

Rolling down the windows she sees a field of grass beside the road they were traveling 100km/hour on. Unclicking her seatbelt with the wind tossing and turning in her hair, she opens the door.

“What the hell are you doing?!”

Without giving it much thought she jumps out with her bag in her hands, landing with the feeling of cold strings brushing against her skin. Jungkook stops the car abruptly before looking at the rear view mirror and fiddling with the seatbelt before exiting the car himself, his heart pounding with fright. Scared to see either a dead body on the side of the road or a wounded body.

Rushing out into the field he sees her standing up calmly, brushing the dirt and grass off her clothes.

“Are you crazy?! All this for some stupid phone?”

“That’s the only phone I’ll ever have for a while. It’s my only source of communication so yes. I did all this because of some stupid phone you threw out for childish reasons.”

Turning around he catches a glimpse of the dirt patches embedded on her flawless skin. For the first time since he'd seen her again he realises she had no braces and no pimples. Everything was flawless.

“Soo Young—”

“Just go Jungkook. I’ll find my own way home.”

Walking past him she continues to walk down the road searching for her phone as he just watches her leave. Biting down on his lips he sighs and follows after her, watching her from afar as she intently searches for her phone. Looking over in his direction she huffs in frustration.

“I told you to leave.”

“As I had stated before. I can do whatever I want.”

Curling her fingers up into a fist as a way to vent her anger she whips to face him.

“Why are you doing this to me?”

“Doing what? I’m merely watching you embarrass yourself while you find a phone that is forever gone.”

“Oh and let me guess. My suffering is your amusement.”

“Very much.”

“Yeah,” with that being said she continues to search.

“Since we’re on a deserted road with no civilization in sight I would like to address—”

“I am not touching the subject of ‘why I didn’t contact you’ with you right now.”

“I just want to know the reason. You were dying, you called me and then you didn’t reply for a week. That did I do that made you ignore me.”

“Are you being serious right now? You’re actually asking me that question.”

“If you hate me so much why call me.”

“I had received your text that night and I would’ve wasted a lot of battery searching for a contact to call. So I just called you. It was like being half asleep okay? I didn’t know what I was doing.”

“Well…Did you perhaps see a girl there that night?”

“What girl? The three devils that absolutely hate my guts?”

“No. Her name is Tzuyu,” Tzuyu stops all actions and freezes on the spot.

“What?” Jungkook questions.

Inhaling deeply she goes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter