Making It Right

Boys, Boys, Boys III: Boy vs. Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e58T80QsNlI

GOT7 - "Last Piece"

----------------------

“That’s settled then.” Yoonjung’s father closed his laptop and smiled warmly at JR, Byul, and Mark. “Great job. This is enough evidence to stop everything.”

“Thank God,” Byul sighed.

“You know, I’d hire you two right away if I had my own law firm,” Yoonjung’s father admitted as he looked at Byul and Mark. “I can already tell you two will make fine lawyers.”

Mark’s expression softened, and his lips curled up into a genuine smile. It felt nice to go back to what he wanted to do.

Byul beamed at JR who smiled at her and gave her hand a proud squeeze.

“You, too, JR. Have you ever considered changing your major?” Yoonjung’s father joked.

JR laughed heartily as he shook his head. “Sorry, sir. I’m not really interested in the law. I prefer medicine.”

“All right. Go out and get some fresh air. We’ll see you all soon.” Yoonjung’s father exchanged looks with Ms. Lim who firmly nodded. Mark, JR, and Byul bid Yoonjung’s parents good-bye and left the house. They stopped at the gate and faced each other. There were a few seconds of awkward silence, and Mark just couldn’t look them in the eyes. He still felt immensely guilty for what he did, or rather didn’t, do.

“So… we’ll see you soon?” JR asked.

Mark lifted his gaze and nodded. “Yeah.” He held out his hand, and JR looked at it for a couple seconds before shaking it. “See you.”

Mark turned to leave, but JR held onto his hand. “Mark.”

He turned around, and JR sighed, “I’m… really glad you’re doing this.”

“It’s about time,” Byul snorted with crossed arms.

Mark looked at her, and his right eyebrow slightly rose. “I don’t remember you being that sassy with me. If I remember correctly, in freshman year-”

“Mark, you better shut up before I sue your ,” Byul threatened.

JR chortled. “She’ll do it. Believe me.”

“I already know,” Mark said with a small smile. “Thanks… for helping Yoonjung.”

“She’s my bestest friend,” JR said.

Mark gave him a curious look, and JR grinned. “I moved up the ladder. JB is now her ex, you’re her man, and I’m her bestest.”

“That means she’s my bestest, too, so you better act appropriately,” Byul warned with a shake of her finger. “Don't mess up again.”

“I won’t,” Mark swore. “I’m going to make everything right again. I promise.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msKdGdIfDsM

Yugyeom - "Love The Way"

------------------------------

Yoonjung glanced around her and couldn’t help but smile in amusement. Jackson, Yugyeom, and BamBam were surrounding her like protective guard dogs. They hadn’t left the country yet, and instead, the four of them were watching a movie in the living room of her house. Her parents were gone, and Banggeul was settled across Jackson’s lap. The credits rolled up, and Yoonjung turned off the TV.

“All right. It’s time you guys go home. Chop chop.” She clapped.

“We don’t have to go back to the hotel yet. We have plenty of time, Jungie Jungie,” BamBam said with a smile.

“I didn’t mean the hotel. I meant Thailand.” She looked at Jackson. “Hong Kong. And…” Her gaze settled on Yugyeom. “The States.”

They said nothing, and she sighed, “Seriously, I’m fine. You all have your lives to live. Go.” She made a shooing motion with her hand.

“What do you guys want for dinner?” Jackson swiftly shifted topics, and BamBam animatedly started to look up restaurants in the area.

You’re all impossible, Yoonjung thought. She felt something flop into her lap and looked down. Yugyeom’s head was settled on her legs, and he was scrolling through his phone like nothing happened. “Don’t you have to go back or something?”

Yugyeom shrugged. “Not going back till your heart is mended.”

“That’s sweet, but my heart is perfectly fine. Hence, I’m alive.”

“There’s a difference between being alive and living.”

“When did you turn into a poet?” Yoonjung snorted.

Yugyeom ignored her comment, and Yoonjung just rolled her eyes. He hadn’t changed at all. “I think we should change the ladder.”

“What ladder?”

“JR told us he went up the ladder to bestest friend. JB should drop down to ex, Mark should just drop dead-”

“Yugyeom!” Yoonjung chastised in horror.

He ignored her and continued, “And I should move up to being your boyfriend.”

“I hate to burst your bubble, but you’re not exactly boyfriend material,” Yoonjung muttered. “Sorry, but you’ll have to move down the ladder to Jerk of the Month.”

“At least I don’t hide the fact that I don’t have a fiancee,” Yugyeom quipped with a shrug.

“Stop talking. When’d you talk so much anyway?” Yoonjung slapped a hand over his mouth. Her phone buzzed, and she pulled her hand away to check who had texted her. It’s Mark, Yoonjung thought as her heart pulsed with dread. Swallowing hard, she opened the text. ‘I have somewhere to take you tomorrow. I’ll pick you up. We’re almost there, baby. Just be a little more patient. I promise everything will be over soon. I love you.’

“Who are you talking to, Jungie Jungie?” BamBam asked.

“...Mark.” At the name, Yugyeom grabbed her phone and chucked it.

“YUGYEOM! YOU !” Yoonjung yelped in shock.

“What does he want?” Jackson’s eyes were narrowed.

Yoonjung shoved Yugyeom away from her and went to pick up her phone. Fortunately, it had landed on Banggeul’s bed. She showed the boys the text. Yugyeom took her phone and started texting ‘Not interested, er-’ “YUGYEOM! SERIOUSLY!” Yoonjung stole her phone back and shot him a warning look.

“Trust him one more time, Yoonjung,” BamBam said with hope in his eyes. “He sounds really sincere. Maybe he woke up and smelled the coffee.”

Yugyeom rolled his eyes. “Or maybe he’s just full of bull. Mark.”

Jackson, who had been silent all this time, said in a low, threatening voice. “This is his last chance, Yoonjung. If he messes this up, he’s out of our lives completely. Including yours. Do you understand?”

Yoonjung had never seen Jackson so serious before. There was no hint of playfulness on his face, and she hoped Mark would really prove himself wrong this time, or he would lose his girlfriend and best friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joVo6HYZPeU

GOT7 - Eclipse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter