Recreating Christmas

Boys, Boys, Boys III: Boy vs. Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xdfBwFb2DU

Huh Gak: Hello

--------------------------------------------------

Mark didn’t know how long he had been praying.

He had started praying ever since Yugyeom had called to tell him the shocking news that Yoonjung was in trouble and was still praying as he held her hand in the VIP hospital room.

Mark opened his eyes slowly. in a pained breath, he lifted up his head bit by bit and turned to look at her.

After getting examined and treated, she had been put on painkillers and had fallen asleep not too long ago.

Mark tenderly kissed her knuckles before sandwiching them between his palms once more. He rested his cheek against their hands and watched her sleep. Seeing the scars on her face brought another round of excruciating pain to his heart.

Yoonjung was definitely going to be traumatized after this, but so was he.

Just the image of her tied up in her closet, broken and bruised, haunted him.

Mark closed his eyes in pain, and his jaw twitched with wrath.

This was the third damn time she had ended up in the hospital.

The first time had been after the explosion at JYP High School. The second time had been when the Goryo boys had locked them in the warehouse. The latter hadn’t been as serious as the first incident when she had broken her arm. However, this one was the worst.

Yoonjung had been attacked in her own home without anyone to help her.

Something much more devastating than physical injuries could have happened to her, but he definitely didn’t want to think about that or he really would go insane. That was the only thing Mark was grateful for at that moment. Other than that, he was consumed by anger, resentment, guilt, and sorrow.

I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I can’t help but feel like this whole thing could have been avoided if I had just been there for you. Damn it. JB saved you twice. Why can I never save you?

Mark heaved a sigh and hung his head low in shame. He was too immersed in guilt to realize that Yoonjung’s father had come in after talking with the doctor.

A hand came upon his shoulder, and his head jerked up.

Her father looked worn out and frightened.

Mark quickly stood up with a bow.

Her father glanced down at her and softened. “Did she fall asleep?”

Mark nodded. “The medicine knocked her out.”

“Let’s talk outside, just in case we wake her up,” her father said.

As they went outside, Ms. Lim rushed into the hospital room.

Mark looked back to see Ms. Lim had taken his place and was now gently caressing Yoonjung’s hair. This incident had shaken all of them.

“What did the doctor say?” Mark was curious.

“No broken bones. Just bruises and cuts. He wants her to stay the night though…just in case she’ll need psychological treatment. They didn’t find any evidence of…” Her father swallowed hard. “Of her being violated…”

Mark stiffened at the words. He was relieved by the results but imagining Yoonjung being alone while that damn criminal harrassed her infuriated him.

“But they want to keep her just in case…she needs mental help. And the police will be here tomorrow to interrogate her.”

Mark nodded. “I understand…”

“You can go. Jooeun and I are going to stay the night here,” her father said.

Mark fervently shook his head. “I can’t go. Not…not when she’s like this. Please let me stay here, too.”

Her father examined his alarmed expression and softened. He reached out and gently squeezed Mark’s shoulder. “Of course I won’t force you to leave. I was just worried. You need your rest.”

“Rest is the last thing on my mind right now,” Mark admitted.

Her father nodded. “You can stay.”

Mark inquired, “What about the robber?”

Her father’s face darkened as he dropped his hand. “The secruity tapes caught him. Yugyeom had also captured a screen shot of the man, too, which was smart of him. The photo is blurry, but it’ll be of help. I’ll get him no matter what and make him pay the price of hurting my daughter,” he vowed firmly

. Please do. If you don’t get him, I will…and it won’t be lawfully done, Mark thought darkly.

“By the way…I never got to thank you,” her father said. “Thank you for being there for Yoonjung.”

Mark’s face fell. “But I wasn’t. I…I came too late. The robber was gone…and she was already hurt. I could’ve prevented all of this if I had just stayed with her. I’m…sorry. I’m so sorry. I don’t even know if I’m worthy to be her boyfriend.”

“If anyone is worthy of my daughter, it’s you, Mark,” her father assured warmly. “You came over as soon as you heard she was in danger. That’s not an easy thing to do, even if you are her lover. I love Jaebum like he’s my son, but he wasn’t there for her last year like you were. I’m glad Yoonjung has you in her life. So don’t beat yourself up. Sometimes…bad things just happen. No one is to blame for any of it. We just have to learn to get through with it together.” He patted Mark’s shoulder before going back into the hospital room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZEw_QDMG0U

Davichi: It's Okay, It's Love

-------------------------------------------

Yoonjung’s eyes slowly opened as she inhaled deeply. Her eyes roamed around the hospital room that was illuminated an eerie gray by the clouds looming outside. The sun wasn’t up yet, but morning had come.

Her gaze shifted to the opposite wall. Her father was asleep on the couch, and Ms. Lim was sleeping on the cot next to him. Her eyes traveled further south and stopped. Mark had fallen asleep by her bedside with his head on his arms and one hand over hers.

He’s going to wake up sore…

It was amazing how she could still have such a normal thought after last night’s nightmare.

Yoojung remembered falling and rolling down the stairs at a break-necking speed. Her body had slammed against the wall and glass shards had flown all over her. The last thing she remembered was being dragged by her arms somewhere. And then…darkness.

A burtal shudder ran down her spine, and she jolted. Mark bolted up, and his eyes widened when he realized she was awake.

“Yoonjung-“

She put a finger over her lips and glanced towards her father and his girlfriend who were still fast asleep.

Mark moved closer to her and took her hand. “How are you feeling?” He whispered.

She tried to smile but winced right away as her hand reflexively flew to the cut on her cheek.

Mark softened with pity. “You’re pretty banged up.”

“No broken bones?”

“None.”

“Then that’s good. I hate wearing casts,” Yoonjung joked.

Mark didn’t laugh or smile. He just stared at her, like she would break any moment.

“Mark?”

“Are you okay?”

“I’m fine-“

“No. Tell me the truth. There’s no way you can be fine after what happened last night,” Mark demanded.

Yoonjung softened. She reached a hand out and gently caressed his cheek. “My boyfriend was pretty terrified, huh?”

Mark grasped he rhand and whispered tensely, “I was dying. Do you know how scared I was when I saw you tied up in the closet-“

The memory forced Yoonjung’s eyes to snap close, and she suddenly had a difficult time breathing.

“Baby?” Mark grew worried. “Are you okay?”

“I’m…fine,” Yoonjung expelled her breath and opened her eyes.

Mark just knew that was a lie. He could tell by her stiffened shoulders and how pale her face had become after being reminded of last night’s disastrous event. Mark grabbed her hand and pressed it against his lips. “I’m so sorry, baby. I’m so sorry. I won’t mention it again.”

Yoonjung looked at him and was surprised to see a tear rolling down his face.

He was crying.

Mark, who rarely showed any signs of emotions, was crying because of her.

This wasn’t the first time either.

Yoonjung barely remembered Mark crying after she had made it out of the burning school. Those tears had been for her, too. This amazing boy right here…sheds tears for me. Me.

By that, she could tell he truly loved her.

Yoonjung softly smiled as she started to tear up, too. She wiped his tears away and whispered, “Don’t worry. I’ll be okay…as long as you’re with me.”

“I’m not going anywhere. I’ll be right here by your side. Always and forever.” Mark fervently shook his head.

Yoonjung reached around, cupped the back of his head, and drew him down.

Mark buried his face into her shoulder as he hugged her tightly.

“I love you, Yoonjung. I love you so much.”

Yoonjung caressed his hair as tears rolled down the corners of her eyes. “I love you, too, Mark.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvis0D9wYTg

Baek Ahyeon: A Lot Like Love

------------------------

Yoonjung came out of the bathroom after changing from her hospital gown to normal clothes Ms. Lim had packed for her.

This morning, she had already gone through police interrogation and psychological therapy. She didn’t seem too traumatized, but therapy was recommended for the next month, so she would have to come to the hospital once a week from now on.

“Are you okay?” Mark asked for the umpteenth time as she came towards the bed.

Yoonjung softly smiled and nodded as she placed her worn hospital gown that was folded neatly on the bed. “I’m okay.” She studied his anxious face and gently touched the space between his eyebrows. “Are you? At this rate, I’m worried your face will be stuck like this forever. You’ll get a lot of wrinkles, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter