It's Over

Boys, Boys, Boys III: Boy vs. Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktc8XDBq93k

GOT7: YOU ARE

-----

Yoonjung looked at herself in the mirror, and she took a deep breath.

It was D-day.

Her father was finally getting married to Ms. Lim, and Ms. Lim was officially going to be her stepmother. 

Yoonjung was ecstatic, of course. She came to adore Ms. Lim, and she had considered her family even before this day. It would’ve been a perfect day… if not for Mark. Mark, who still hadn’t showed up. She checked the clock on the wall and saw there was less than an hour until the wedding now. She suddenly grew resentful of him. How could he ruin this perfect day? Her father and Ms. Lim were probably worried about her, and she hated that he was upsetting everyone. 

Yoonjung  in a breath and straightened up. She applied another layer of lip gloss and straightened her dress. Then she plastered a smile on her face and went out to greet the guests. She saw familiar faces and bowed to some while waving at others. I wonder if the guys showed up yet…

Out of nowhere, someone encircled their arms around her from behind, and she stiffened. Her heart inflated with foolish hope, and she stood there with wide eyes.

Was Mark finally here? Would she finally get the explanation she deserved?

“You look beautiful, Jungie Jungie.”

Her expression softened with disappointment but she smiled in appreciation and turned around. “Thanks, BamBam. I’m really glad you can make it.”

BamBam smiled at her, but it didn’t quite reach his concerned eyes. “Of course. It’s a special day.” He lightly touched her cheek, and her smile widened a bit more.

“There you are.” JR appeared with Byul in tow. She was his date, and it seemed like the two were finally progressing with their relationship.

“Hi!” Yoonjung beamed and warmly shook Byul’s hand. “Thank you so much for coming and not letting JR be alone. You’re doing us all a favor.”

“Hey!” JR complained, and Byul chuckled, “Of course. It’s the least I could do.”

Her eyes softened with kindness as she lowered her voice and said, “I heard what happened between you and Mark. It makes me question why I even liked him in the first place. But hang in there. You’re strong. And if I ever see Mark on campus, I’ll trip him so that he lands flat on his face.” 

Yoonjung softened. “Thanks… I guess.”

“I’m going to use the restroom. Excuse me.” Byul left and JR held out an arm.

“Come here, Snow White.” 

Yoonjung leaned into him for a hug. “I like your new girlfriend.”

“I like her, too.”

“Ha. I knew you’d admit she was your girlfriend one day.”

“But you know who I like more? You, Yoonjung.” JR kissed her forehead.

“You’re a bad boyfriend.” Yoonjung wagged her finger.

“Maybe. But I’m a good friend.” JR grinned. “Does that mean I can be your best friend now?”

“Don’t push it,” Yoonjung joked. “A guy can dream,” JR said, making her laugh.

“Yoonjung!” “Hey, Youngjae.”

“I brought my date!” His eyes glistened with joy, and she smiled widely. “Mindy?!” 

Youngjae grinned with a nod. He beckoned someone over, and Yoonjung looked up to see a girl with short black hair standing nearby. She had huge almond-shaped eyes, and the word “shy” was practically stamped on her forehead. “Come on!” Youngjae took her hand and pulled her over. “Yoonjung, meet my girlfriend Mindy. Mindy, this is my friend, Yoonjung.”

“Mindy,” Yoonjung warmly took her hand between both of hers and smiled amiably. “It’s so nice to meet you. Youngjae kept talking about you, but he wouldn’t disclose any details about you.” She shot him a look, and he shrugged with a huge grin. Yoonjung looked at Minjung and broke into another smile. “I’m so glad you’re here.”

Mindy smiled, pleased by her warm welcome. “I-It’s nice to meet you, too. Youngjae told me a lot about you. He said you’re his best female friend.”

“That’s nice. It’s too bad he’s not my best guy friend,” Yoonjung joked.

“Hey!” Youngjae complained, making everyone laugh. “We can talk later, but you can go grab your table.” Yoonjung nodded at him, and he guided his date away.

Jackson and Yugyeom came, and Yoonjung smiled. “You boys look dashing.”

 Yugyeom rolled his eyes. “You don’t have to pretend you’re okay around us.”

“Let her be. Sometimes, pretending helps,” JR said.

“Where’s Mark?” Yugyeom demanded.

“Ouch, Yugyeom. You know, sometimes you’re like rubbing alcohol,” JR said with a wince.

“Damn right. I’ll get rid of anything that puts a frown on her face,” Yugyeom growled.

“Try to smile, please,” Yoonjung said with a smile. “This is my dad’s wedding, after all. I want him to be happy. It’ll make me happy.”

At that, Yugyeom stopped scowling. A second later, he forced a grin, and she winced. “I take that back. Don’t smile.” Yugyeom glared at her, and BamBam softly chuckled. “That’s the Jungie Jungie we know.”

“Where’s JB?” Yugyeom asked.

“I don’t know. I think he’s in training. He said he’ll come, even if it’s late, so let’s be patient,” Yoonjung said.

“, every guy you ever dated is trash,” Yugyeom snapped.

“That’s it, sir. You’re on time. Come with me.” JR pulled him away, and BamBam followed them. 

Yoonjung noticed Jackson standing in front of her with an empty expression. He had been quiet ever since he came to Korea, and she wasn’t used to this side of him. “Jackson, are you okay?” He snapped out of his daze and looked at her. “I should be asking you that. Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

When he didn’t look like he believed her, she pinched the skirt of her dress and did a little twirl. “Come on. Aren’t you going to tell me how good I look?” She beamed at him with her arms held out.

Jackson enclosed the short distance between them and embraced her tightly. “Yugyeom is right. You don’t have to try so hard, Yoonjung. I feel like , so I can’t even imagine how you’ll feel.” 

Yoonjung softened and wrapped her arms around him. “If Mark doesn’t make it to the wedding, I’m really never going to see him anymore. I’ll block him out of my life, just like Yugyeom.”

“Yoonjung,” a voice said, and she looked up to see her friends from college.

“I’ll see you later,” Yoonjung told Jackson and went to greet them. 

 


 

Byul came out of the stall and went up to the sink. She was washing her hands when she heard the name “Yoonjung.” At first, she thought she misheard it, but she heard the name again. She pulled her hands from the automatic faucet and leaned back to take a look. There was an unfamiliar girl standing in front of the mirror. She was talking to her phone in Chinese, but fortunately, Byul was proficient in that language.

Byul wiped her hands on a couple paper towels and reached into her bag for her phone. Then she casually stood next to the girl and leaned forward to check on her lips.

“She just doesn’t know when to quit. I’m going to teach her a lesson. One she’ll never forget. I tried blackmailing her. I trie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter