The Last Straw

Boys, Boys, Boys III: Boy vs. Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oS53XSFRzc

Silence Wang: A Bit Sweet

------

Mark was gone, and Yoonjung was left alone once again. Yoonjung was still in a silent warfare with Gyoori, and her roommates weren’t helping either. Joohyuk, Dajung, Inna, and Seulli were here for her, of course, but they were busy with their own problems as sophomore year was winding down. 

Yoonjung glanced at her phone and sighed. Mark was off the grid again.

She hadn’t heard from him in a while. The last text he had sent her was a simple “goodnight, baby,” and although she had responded with a longer text of how much she missed him and loved him, she received no response. Whenever he ghosted her, she couldn’t help but wonder if it was because he was with Tzuyu. She hated how insecure she has become. This wasn’t like her. 

Yoonjung sighed and looked out the window of the library. It was a rare sunny day. It had been raining non-stop for the past three days, and the sun finally decided to peek its head out today when she was stuck inside with a bad case of insecurity.

“It’s not my day,” Yoonjung mumbled.

“Why not?”

She released a sharp gasp and jerked her head around. 

Luhan grinned at her.

“Oh my god, Luhan.” Yoonjung put a hand over her startled chest. “Don’t do that! You scared me!” 

Luhan laughed, “I couldn’t help it. You’re so fun to scare.” 

Yoonjung lightly slapped his arm before picking up her pencil. “What are you doing here anyways?”

“What else do you do at a library?” Luhan blinked. Yoonjung gave him a look. “I realize you’re getting more sarcastic nowadays.”

“Trust me, that wasn’t my intention,” Luhan chuckled. “But why isn’t it your day?”

“It’s just...not a good day,” Yoonjung said as her shoulders fell. 

Luhan softened as he studied her downcast expression. He hated to see her anything less than happy. Suddenly, he shut her book, and she blinked in surprise. “Okay, that just added to my bad day.”

“Nah, I’m here to make it all better. You know what you need?” Luhan asked.

“What?” Yoonjung asked warily.

“Sunshine. Come on.” Luhan grabbed her books, took her hand, and drew her up.  

 
 

 

Yoonjung could feel her spirits lift as the breeze gently played with her hair. She laughed as she circled around the park, and her eyes glittered with joy she hadn’t experienced in a while. 

Luhan smiled at her as he slowly rode behind her. Yes, Yoonjung. Keep smiling. That’s all I want. 

Yoonjung looked back at him and grinned. “Come on, slowpoke!”

“Slowpoke?” Luhan pretended to be offended. “I was just taking it easy for you, but alright. I guess I have to show you what I’m made of.”

“And what’s that? An ineptitude to beat a girl?” Yoonjung joked.

“Okay, you’re on,” Luhan roared, and Yoonjung shrieked with laughter as he sped up. Her gaze flitted to her right, and for a split second, she thought she saw Mark and Tzuyu. It was impossible, but her desperate brain played a trick on her. “

Yoonjung! Watch out!” Luhan shouted.

“Huh?” It was too late. She swerved to avoid hitting a little girl, and she landed on the cement in a messy tangle. The girl ran to her mom who swept her away and ran off before she could get into another accident. Luhan jumped off his bicycle and ran to Yoonjung’s side.

“Yoonjung, are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. I just…” She looked back, and her face fell in disappointment when she realized the couple wasn’t actually Mark and Tzuyu.

“What happened?” Luhan asked. It was too embarrassing to admit the truth, so she fibbed, “I lost control.”

She tried to get up but winced. Her knee was in a lot of pain.

“Hold still. You’re bleeding,” Luhan said, and Yoonjung realized there was a rip in her jeans. Her knee was bloody and scraped, and the stinging pain made her flinch. Luhan slipped his hands under her and lifted her bridal style. He carried her to the nearest bench and made her sit down. “Wait for me. I’ll be right back.” Luhan ran off to find a pharmacy. He quickly bought a mini first aid kit along with two bottles of cold water. He went back to Yoonjung and got down on one knee before her.

“Thanks, Luhan,” Yoonjung said as she reached for the first aid kit. “I’ll do it-”

“No,” Luhan said firmly. “I will.”

“But…” She saw his determination and couldn’t stop him. With a sigh, she lowered her hands onto her lap and helplessly watched as he tended to her wound. Once he was done, he saw beside her and handed her a bottle of cold water. “Thanks. This was what I really needed.” He watched her drink first before opening his own bottle of water. Once they quenched their thirst, they silently gazed out at the setting sun before them.

“I’m sorry,” Luhan apologized. “What for?” Yoonjung asked, dumbfounded.

“If I hadn’t suggested we ride bikes, you wouldn’t have gotten hurt,” he said.

“No, don’t say that. If anything, it’s all my fault. I wasn’t...focused,” she admitted. Then she smiled in his direction. “I’m glad you brought me here. It helped me take my mind off a lot of things. I smiled and laughed a lot. Thanks, Luhan.” 

Luhan smiled back. “Should we go back then?”

“Yup. I think I’m ready to face the real world now,” Yoonjung joked. Luhan laughed and stood up with her. They playfully bumped into each other as they headed back to campus. 

 


 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDS2M7IIxsE

Yoon Mirae: Flower

-----

“Thanks again, Luhan,” Yoonjung said as she faced him. By the time he h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter