You're a Disappointment

Boys, Boys, Boys III: Boy vs. Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTg6gxwPPEM

IU: Give You My Heart

----

 

“Easy. There you go,” her father softly encouraged as he and Luhan helped Yoonjung exit the hospital. She was able to go home now. Her body might be back to normal, but her feelings definitely weren’t. Mark texted her twice last night, but Yoonjung just shut off her phone. “I’ll go get the car. Luhan, can you stay with her?”

“Yes, of course,” Luhan said with a nod.

“Thank you,” her father said and jogged off to the parking lot. 

Luhan checked Yoonjung’s face. She didn’t look as pale as last night, but she definitely wasn’t herself. He gently wrapped an arm around her and searched for her father’s car. It rolled around soon enough, and he helped her get into the back.

“Watch your head,” Luhan softly said as he shielded her head with his hand. After she was safely inside, he got in the back with her and helped her put her seatbelt on.

“Ready?” Her father asked, and Luhan nodded. He looked at Yoonjung and softened. She looked so vulnerable. He hated how the joy had been out of her.

Soon, they arrived at her house. Ms. Lim ran out at once. She put an arm around Yoonjung and helped her into the house. Luhan and her father came out of the car and watched them go inside. 

Luhan turned towards her father and said, “I think I should leave now.”

“Are you sure you don’t want to stay for lunch?” Her father inquired. 

Luhan watched Yoonjung go inside the house. He wanted to be with her as much as possible, but he knew she needed time alone right now. Her needs were much more important than his. Luhan nodded. “I’m sure.”

“I’ll take you home then. Hop in,” her father said.

“Oh, no. I can take a cab. It’s not far from here anyways,” Luhan said as he backed away.

“Okay...thank you, Luhan. I really appreciate your effort to be by her side.” He held out his hand, and Luhan smiled softly as he shook his hand.  

 
 

Yoonjung came into her room and shut the door behind her. She needed a shower, and she really wanted a change of clothes. She went to her drawer to pull out some items but paused at the row of photos from high school. She picked up a photo with her and Mark, and uncontrollable emotions rose within her chest. Everything was so perfect back then. I want to go back to high school...when there was no reason to be heartbroken by you. She sank downwards while clutching onto the photo and sobbed for a long time. 

 
 

Yoonjung lowered the spoon as her appetite vanished into thin air.

“Eat a few more bites,” her father encouraged. “Ms. Lim worked really hard to make that porridge for you-”

Ms. Lim elbowed him and subtly shook her head. Now wasn’t the time to worry about wasting food. “I’ll clean this up, Yoonjung. Go and rest.”

“Before that…” Her father weaved his fingers together and placed them on the table as he gazed at his daughter. “We need to talk about what happened between you and Mark. I heard he’s engaged. Can you tell me what happened? Start from the beginning, and don’t leave anything out.” 

Yoonjung took a deep breath and spilled the truth. Her father remained calm throughout the whole story. He didn’t yell or make a fuss, which was exactly what she wanted. If he made a big deal out of this, it would’ve just made her break down. “This doesn’t sound like the Mark I know,” her father said.

“Because it’s not. The Mark we know...would never have hurt me like this. I don’t even know if he’s still there,” Yoonjung whispered as her voice cracked. She looked down with shame and longing.

“What are you going to do now?” He asked. “I don’t know…” She shook her head. “I don’t know anymore.”

“Do you still want to be with Mark?” Her father’s question made her fall silent.

Did she love Mark? Absolutely. She knew she really loved him because if she didn’t, she wouldn’t be so broken over him. Did she want to stay with him though? She was so close to saying no, but she couldn’t bring herself to say yes either.

“It’s okay, sweetie. You need time to think. We understand that,” Ms. Lim assured.

Her father reached across the table and gently patted her hand. “Take your time to think things through. I know how much Mark means to you. I know deep inside...he’s a good guy. I hate how he hurt you...but I don’t want you to lose someone you’ll regret not having in your life anymore. Okay?” 

Yoonjung nodded, and her father softly smiled at her. “And Yoonjung?”

“Yes, dad?”

“...It must’ve not been easy to carry all this by yourself for so long. I’m here for you if you need anything. You know I’m always on your side.”

“Me, too.” Ms. Lim popped up with her arm around him and widely. “We’re Team Yoonjung.”

She smiled gratefully at her father and his fiance. “Thank you. That means...a lot.”

After talking some more with them, she headed upstairs to take a nap. She was pretty exhausted. It was like her body wanted her to sleep away the stress in hopes everything would be normal again when she woke up. Yoonjung lay in bed and picked up her phone. There were two missed calls and a text message from Mark. ‘Hey, is everything okay? I haven’t heard from you in a while. I miss you, baby.’

Now you know how it feels. Yoonjung put her phone down without replying to him and buried herself under the covers. She needed to step away from reality for a moment. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYoCa1Hlug0

BTOB:  Missing You

----
 

For the next few days, Yoonjung just focused on her father’s wedding. If she wasn’t at school, she was helping out with the wedding plans, and she even commuted from home now. Being at home was a lot easier, and having her father and Ms. Lim’s support somehow made her feel stable. Yoonjung cleaned her face and came into her room in her pajamas. She patted toner and lotion on her face and looked at herself in the mirror for a long time. The blankness on her face was unfamiliar. She couldn’t even recognize herself.

Where did her bright energy go? What about her confidence?

 Yoonjung sighed and went to her bed. She sat on the edge of the bed and looked at the group photo on her nightstand. Most of the guys were coming in town for the wedding. Jinyoung and Youngjae were definitely attending the wedding with their dates, and BamBam and Jackson booked airline tickets. She was pretty sure JB couldn’t come, and Yugyeom hadn’t said anything about co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter