Threat After Threat

Boys, Boys, Boys III: Boy vs. Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7yOJpuPJdw

Chanyeol & Punch: Go Away

----------------

Mark sat up in bed and looked around. His room was littered with empty bottles of alcohol. He touched his face and sighed. He didn’t remember the last time he had shaved.

What was the point? He had no one to impress in Taiwan.

Mark reached over to check his phone. It was dead.

He hesitated about recharging it. He was dreading to find out who had called him.

Mark plugged his phone in and went to the bathroom to wash up. As soon as he came out of the shower, he was greeted with a pounding at his hotel door. Mark narrowed his eyes with suspicion and trepidation. 

“Open up, Mark!” His father’s voice made his expression flatten. He waited for a few more seconds before opening the door. His father stormed inside. “Why the hell haven’t you been answering your phone?”

Mark didn’t answer and just watched as his father made himself comfortable.

“What are you doing? Sit down!”

Mark fought not to roll his eyes as he came over and sat a good distance away from him.

“The engagement date has been decided,” his father said.

Mark’s head snapped towards his direction as his eyes flared with anger. “You can’t just decide my life,” he spat.

“I’m the reason you were born, so I can,” his father sneered. Mark’s face reddened with fury. “I’m not going through with it.”

“You will.”

“No, I won’t. You already brought me into the world of business. I’m not letting you decide who I will spend the rest of my life with, too.”

“You will get engaged to Tzuyu next week, Mark.”

“Make me,” Mark sneered.

His father started grinning, and Mark’s radar told him he had something nasty up his sleeve.

“I will.” He settled back in his seat with his hands clasped over his stomach. “Does K&L Law Firm ring a bell?”

Mark grew confused, but when he realized he did actually know, his fists started shaking. “You…” “Go through with this engagement quietly, Mark, or the father of your dear Korean girlfriend will go jobless. Just a few words from me, and he’ll never be able to practice law in Korea. You wouldn’t want that, would you?”

His father’s threat was working because Mark couldn’t refute. 

First Yoonjung, and now her father? Why is he attacking only the people who have ever been good to me? 

His father stood up with a triumphant smirk, and he walked out.

Mark grabbed the nearest bottle and flung it against the wall. That wasn’t enough to soothe the fire burning within his chest. With gritted teeth, he turned the glass table over, and he stood up with heated breaths. Something trickled down his fingers, and he looked down to see his own blood pooling by his feet. “,” was all Mark had to say at this point. 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=376Z3gHh6kQ

Ariel Tsai: What's Wrong?

-----------------------------
 
 

Yoonjung opened her eyes and stretched her arms over her head. She reached for her phone but touched an alarm clock instead. Her eyes grew wide as she looked around the room. This wasn’t her dorm.

Memories of last night flooded into her mind, and her eyes widened even further.

The morning peace was shattered, and she was now in a state of chaos.

Yoonjung knew she should jump out of bed, find Luhan, apologize, and get the heck out of here. However, the thought of facing her roommates made her freeze, and she grew numb and restless. How am I going to get out of this mess? Yoonjung squeezed her head with an exasperated sigh.

She couldn’t just stay here though. She saw a mirror in the room and checked to make sure she looked decent before she went out. She smelled coffee and eggs in the air and followed the smell to the kitchen.

Luhan turned around and smiled at her. “Good morning.”

Yoonjung suddenly felt really shy. It felt weird to wake up in someone else’s house, nonetheless a guy. A guy she had just shown her weakest tears in front of. 

He probably thinks I’m really lame now, Yoonjung thought.

“I bought coffee and egg sandwiches from the bakery across the street. It’s a really famous place. I think you’ll like it. Come and eat,” Luhan said.

“Oh...okay. Thank you.” Yoonjung sat in front of him. She stared at her sandwich, and instead of eating it, she just took a sip of her coffee. She felt Luhan’s eyes on her and immediately covered her face. “I know. My eyes are really swollen. I’m a mess.”

Luhan chuckled, “I think you look fine.”

“And I think you make a terrible liar, Luhan,” Yoonjung mumbled.

Luhan’s smile widened. He pushed the sandwich closer to her. “Eat up. You have a big day ahead of you.” At the reminder, her hands fell back in her lap. Luhan realized that might not be the best thing to bring up now. “Hey, your phone is all charged.” He picked it up and handed it to her. “Thank you,” Yoonjung said and turned it on.

There were no calls or messages, and her shoulders fell in disappointment.

Luhan saw her expression cloud over, and he hated himself for making her feel worse instead of better.

“Guess what?” Luhan hoped this would do the trick. He got up from the table and went to the living room. He returned with a bag and handed it to her.

“What’s this?” Yoonjung asked, temporarily distracted.

“I got you some things I thought you’ll need.”

Yoonjung opened it up to find a pink long-sleeved hoodie dress, socks, foam cleanser, toner, emulsion, coral lipstick, and…”What’s this?” Yoonjung pulled out a pink toothbrush with a Line character holder. It was so cute that it made her smile. 

Success, Luhan thought with a grin. “It’s cute, isn’t it? I saw it and knew I had to get it for you.”

Yoonjung laughed, “It really is cute. I’ve never seen anything like it.” She softened. “You went through a lot of trouble for me. Sorry, Luhan.”

Luhan shook his head. “Trust me. It’s not a problem. You did me a favor instead.”

She gave him a curious look, but instead of answering, he urged her to eat so they could head to school. 

 

 


 

Luhan drove them to school. He parked the car, and after taking a deep breath, Yoonjung got out. She really dreaded going back to the dorms, but she had to get her books.

“Hey,” Luhan called, and she looked back at him. He came in front of her and gazed at her for a while. He reached out and gently curled her hair behind her ear. The gesture made her freeze a little, and she gave him a curious look.

“You’re going to be okay,” Luhan promised. “Remember I told you I’d help you out? I haven’t forgotten my promise. So don’t worry, Yoonjung, and keep your head up. You did nothing wrong. You and I...and everyone who truly knows you...know that you’re not the culprit.”

Yoonjung softened with a grateful nod. “Thanks, Luhan.”

“It’s nothing,” Luhan assured.

Yoonjung waved at him and headed to her dormitory. Once she stepped inside though, Luhan’s reassurance disappeared into thin air, and she was left with nothing but desperation and frustration. She felt all eyes on her, and once the whispers started, her anxiety level shot up.

Yoonjung pulled out her phone and called Mark. He wasn’t picking up. She squeezed her phone against her chest and walked faster. Finally, she arrived at her dorm.

Fortunately, Gyoori wasn’t there and neither was Heewon. Solbi was though, and when she saw Yoonjung, her eyes grew wide. Instead of asking if she was okay, she ducked her head and avo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter