The First Step

Boys, Boys, Boys III: Boy vs. Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_goBPeiD7w

-----

Yoonjung held out a piece of pineapple, and JB chomped on it. She held out a blueberry, and he shook his head. “The banana.”

Yoonjung gave him a look before popping that into his mouth. “Last time I checked, your hand works. You could feed yourself.”

JB emitted a fake gasp. “Is that how you treat your holy savior?!” “What the heck? You’re not Jesus.” Yoonjung rolled her eyes.

“But I’m holey…” JB pointed to the place on his head where he had to get 17 stitches and grinned at his cheesy joke.

Yoonjung’s lips tingled, and she couldn’t believe he was making a joke out of this whole situation. Of course. It’s JB. He’d do anything to make me feel better.

“Now give me a banana. Two while you’re at it,” JB ordered as he opened up his mouth.

“You’re really laying it on thick,” Yoonjung mumbled but did as told.

A gentle knock on the door made them look up. A second later, the door slid open, and a familiar face appeared. “Luhan…” Yoonjung was surprised to see him.

“Hey, Luhan,” JB greeted.

“Hey.” Luhan smiled back and came closer to the bed. “How are you feeling?”

“Pretty good, actually,” JB said.

“That’s good. Here. I didn’t know what was a good gift for a hospital visit, so I brought you a-”

“PS5?” JB laughed. “That’s a pretty good gift, if you ask me. I was about to buy one anyway. Thanks. Have a seat and let Yoonjung feed you some fruit.” She whacked his arm with a look, and he grinned with a shrug. Luhan smiled at their bickering and sat down to talk with them some more.

Nearly an hour later, he checked his watch and said, “I should go. Can you walk me out, Yoonjung?”

“Yeah, of course,” she said. “I’ll be back,” she told JB and left with Luhan. J

B had just reached for his phone when the door opened. He assumed Luhan had forgotten something and looked up but froze when he saw the unexpected visitor. “Mark…”

Luhan and Yoonjung walked out of the hospital.

“Thanks for coming all the way here, Luhan,” she said appreciatively. “But you shouldn’t have bought such an expensive gift for that brat.”

He chuckled, “Sorry for saying this, but I don’t think I can ever imagine you and JB dating again.”

“Right? I don’t know what I was thinking,” Yoonjung joked.

Luhan smiled, but his gaze softened. “Have you talked to Mark yet?” She stopped smiling and dropped her gaze. “Not yet…”

“But you will.” It was more of a statement than a question. Yoonjung looked at him. She opened , but he held up a palm. “You don’t owe me an explanation, Yoonjung. In fact, you don’t own anyone else one. Your feelings are yours, and you should follow your heart. I know you love Mark and only Mark, and I respect that.”

Yoonjung softened. “Thank you… for saying that.”

Luhan smiled before inhaling deeply and slipping his hands into the pockets of his jacket. “I think this is the perfect time to tell you… I’m going back to China.” Her jaw dropped as her face paled. He laughed, “I know that look, Yoonjung. No, it’s not because of you. The exchange program is over. I have to go back.” “Oh…” Despite his kind reassurance, she couldn’t help but feel guilty. If she had accepted his feelings, he probably would’ve stayed. She knew she couldn’t keep him on a leash though. She didn’t claim his feelings, so she had no right to hold him back.

“When do you leave?” “Tomorrow, actually.”

“What? That soon?” “Yeah, so this is my goodbye.”

Luhan held out his hand. “Thank you for always making my experience in Korea memorable.”

“I’m probably sure I gave you more bad memories than good ones,” Yoonjung mumbled and reached out to slide her hand into his.

“Trust me,” Luhan murmured as he leaned in and gently pecked her forehead. “They’re all good ones.” He bent down to wrap his arms around her, and he whispered, “You know where to find me if it doesn’t work out with Mark.” Yoonjung started tearing up, but she neither

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter