Wisdom

Boys, Boys, Boys III: Boy vs. Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Nayoung: Say Good-bye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRTlajhXcos

-----

The surgery sign lit up, and Yoonjung cupped her hands over .

Her eyes were swollen from crying, and her fancy dress was smeared with blood. JB’s blood, to be exact.

The ambulance ride had been a hectic one. She was the one who had been in the car with him, and she begged him to hold on while clutching onto his hand. If he died, she had no idea how she was going to cope with it. How many times is he getting hurt because of me?

There was a rush of footsteps as her friends arrived. Luhan was there, too, and her parents joined soon after. They were still in their hanbok, and they rushed towards her to check on her first.

“Are you all right?” “Are you okay, Yoonjung?”

“I’m fine… but JB…” She choked back a sob. Her father wrapped an arm around her and gently rubbed it as he gazed up at the operation sign. “He’ll be fine. You know Jaebum. He’s strong.”

“Where’s my son?!” JB’s father rushed over with a pale face. He was usually a lighthearted man with jokes ready at his sleeves, but today, his eyes were wide with horror. He might’ve seemed like the “cool parent,” but JB was his only son, and he didn’t want to lose his only family member. Yoonjung’s father went to comfort his friend, and Ms. Lim wrapped her arms around Yoonjung. “It’s okay. It’s not your fault.”

“But it is,” Yoonjung stated.

“Yoonjung,” Luhan said as he came over.

Ms. Lim stepped back. She gave him an appreciative look and joined the adults in the corner. “Are you okay?”

“Yes… no… What do I do, Luhan? What if something happens to JB? How will I ever live with the guilt…?” She lowered her head and burst into a round of tears. Luhan wrapped an arm around her and pulled her in close. He didn’t really know JB that well, but he meant a lot to Yoonjung, and Luhan hoped he would recover for her sake.

The skid of sneakers made everyone look up. Yugyeom grew red as he stepped forward. “What the hell are you doing here-?”

JR held out an arm to stop him. “Don’t.”

“He has no right to be here!” Yugyeom yelled.

JR glared at him. “We’re not alone here. Have some respect, Yugyeom. You’re not the person who should be upset here.”

Yugyeom paused and looked back. He spotted the adults and Yoonjung and cursed before storming into the other direction.

JR looked at Mark with a firm gaze.

“How’s he doing?” Mark whispered. “I don’t know. None of us knows, Mark,” JR said icily.

Byul took his arm and pulled him back, but she shot Mark a curious but cold look.

Mark knew he wasn’t welcome, but he couldn’t just leave. He wanted to go check on Yoonjung, but she wasn’t looking at him. Luhan locked eyes with him and frowned. He drew Yoonjung closer, and for the first time, Mark had no right to get mad at him.

The surgery lasted two hours.

Jackson was the first to notice the surgery light blink off. He stood up and announced, “It’s over.”

Yoonjung shot up. She ignored the rush of dizziness and headed for the double doors. A moment later, they opened, and the hospital staff rolled him out on his hospital bed. Judging from the oxygen mask, he was still alive. There was a cut on his face, and Yoonjung reached out to gently touch it. “JB…”

“How’s my son, doctor?” Mr. Im questioned with desperate eyes.

Everyone held their breaths as the doctor pulled off his surgery mask.

“He’ll be fine. He lost a lot of blood, but he managed to pull through. We’ll have to wait until he wakes up, but he’ll live.”

Sighs of relief filled the air, and Yoonjung clutched onto the railing as thick teardrops rolled down her face. She followed the nurses as they took him to his room. The adults followed, and it was just the boys and Byul left. Jackson grabbed Mark’s shoulder, and Mark turned around… just to be punched in the face. Byul’s jaw dropped as JR’s eyes widened. Jackson swung his fist back to hit him again, but BamBam stopped him.

“Please! Stop!” He hated seeing his friends tearing apart.

“Was Yoonjung not enough? You had to go after JB, too?!” Jackson snarled. Shaking his head, he muttered, “You’re toxic as hell…”

Mark’s mouth felt dry, and guilt swelled up in his throat. He had never felt so pathetic or ashamed before, and remorse was eating him alive. He deserved every punch Jackson threw at him.

“You should go, Mark,” JR said. “Yeah, you’re not wanted here!” Youngjae yelled.

JR shot him a look. “I said, that’s enough! Seriously! Stop making a ruckus, all of you! Think about Yoonjung!” He turned back to Mark and said in a low

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter