Chapter 5

Dream becomes Reality

Chapter 5

Jiyong had woken up around 8:30 the next morning. He stretched and pushed the covers off before rising from the bed. He went to the bathroom to do his necessities, brush his teeth and wash his face. Before he went to the kitchen and made ramyun for himself as well as put some food for Gaeko as well as some fresh water for his dog as well.

Once he finished, he put the plates on the sink and washed them. Once he was finished in the kitchen, he went back to his bathroom and went to take a shower. After he finished, he dried himself before, going to his closet. He got a black sweatshirt, a blue pair of jeans, and a pair of red vans shoes, a blue navy beanie and sunglasses.

After he got ready, grabbed his things, he left for YG Building. Despite what people may think even when he is out partying, he still shows up for his work even if it’s early in the morning. Even because his work is really important to him, he really enjoys making music and despite his image as a crazy partying person, he is quite responsible.

So after he arrived at the building and went straight to the studio, he spent the next few hours working on new songs for him, Big Bang and even some songs for the other members as well as remixing their songs for their concerts and performances and so on.

About one hour later, the rest of the Big Bang members arrived at the studio, they usually gather there to hang out a little when they don’t have any schedule or when they need to record something. They all went to do their own thing as also check the new songs and remixes Jiyong created.

So it was around 10:10AM when Jiyong had some time off and as he scrolled through his phone, a name came up on the screen and he had an idea. He started typing a message and after checking it again for any errors and to see if it was okay, he pressed send.

After doing it, he went to focus and finish some of his work and as the members started to discuss something, he checked his phone to see if there was any news from Kiko but until now, it was radio silence and he didn’t know what that meant.

Were they breaking up again or is she just giving him cold shoulders again? That’s the thing with Kiko, you never know until she is already deciding and telling you about it. She is unpredictable and it was one of the things that caught his attention about her. It was the constant surprise but after 6 years, it is getting tiring.

“Yah, Jiyong. What are you checking on the phone that you are not even listening?” Youngbae asked snapping him out of his daze. He looked at his best friend. “I was checking if Kiko had sent me a message. We had a fight last night so...” He answered and saw the faces of s change.

“Yah, you guys still don’t like her?” He asked. And it was the truth. Ever since he first introduced her to s they didn’t like her, of course they treated her politely but they avoided being in her presence as much as they could which is why that whenever Kiko is in Korea and his friends get together to go party, s are usually never there.

“You know we don’t.” Youngbae answered. “Yeah, hyung. We know you like her and everything, we respect it but that doesn’t mean we have to like her as well.” Daesung said seriously.

“Why don’t you guys like her anyway?” Jiyong asked. “Because of the way you became after you two got involved and she started messing with your head with her push and pull and her games.” TOP said.

“Surely, she was the muse behind some of our most famous songs but we also could see how bad she would leave you after every break up and we don’t like it, hyung.” Seungri said relieving some of the tension with his answer like only Seungri can do it.

“Basically, we don’t like her influence on you, hyung.” Seungri said seriously as well which was a rare thing but whenever Kiko was envolved, all of them got serious.

“But she is not that bad, guys.” Jiyong tried to defend her but there wasn’t much room for defense in her case. “Why did you two fight?” Youngbae asked. “She was angry at me for no reason and kept fighting and I exploded after that she just left.” Jiyong answered.

“See, that’s exactly why we don’t like her. She toys with you and your emotions, pick senseless fights with you and then leaves you hanging until you go crawling back to her apologizing for something that you didn’t do. That is not a sane relationship, Jiyong-ah.” Youngbae said.

“She is your girlfriend and we will respect that but we wish you could move on and find a girl who would truly make you happy and not crazy.” TOP said and the other members all agreed. Jiyong sighed as it was always like this.

“Okay, okay. I understood.” He said and with that the topic Kiko was dropped. Jiyong went back to his phone when a text came in. He thought it would be Kiko’s but was surprised to see that Taeyeon ha replied already to his text. He quickly opened her text and started reading it.

From: Taeyeon 

Annyeonghaseyo, Jiyong-ssi. Taeyeon inmida. I really was surprised by your text and I don’t mind that you have my number unless you are a psycho, a stalker or something like that but I don’t think you are so everything is okay. I am glad I managed to help you and I also hope that everything worked out well for you and Kiko-ssi. And as for your question, my answer is…yes. I would like for us to keep in touch as I also liked talking to you. You seem like a nice guy. And maybe we can even be friends, I would like that. Have a nice days as well and himnae. Taeyeon.

Jiyong read the text and smiled at it, and his smile was catching the attention of the other members as well, who turned to watch him. He was really engrossed in his phone so the members were actually wondering if he was texting Kiko because it has been so long since she had really made him smile like that. Meanwhile, Jiyong was texting back.

To: Taeyeon

Hey, Taeyeon-ssi. I am glad that you don’t think that I am crazy like that and I would really like if we could be friends. Thank you for your concern, I appreciate. And maybe we could drop the formalities?

From: Taeyeon

Hey Jiyong oppa? I am still testing to see if you are really not but I hope you aren’t. And you are welcome. For me, it’s okay.

To: Taeyeon

Oppa is okay. What are you doing?

From: Taeyeon
I was talking with some of the girls before texting you. What about oppa?

To: Taeyeon

I was working with my members at the studio.

From: Taeyeon

Aigoo. You should go back to work, you can’t leave your members waiting, oppa.

To: Taeyeon

It’s okay, we are almost finished.

From: Taeyeon

Still, your work is more important. I will have to leave soon to work too. You should go back and work really hard.

To: Taeyeon

Okay, if you insist. Can we talk later?

From: Taeyeon

Of course. Now, go back to work.

To: Taeyeon

Okay. Bye.

From: Taeyeon

Bye. Have a good day at work oppa. Himnae. Big Bang Hwaiting ;)

Jiyong laughed at her text and closed his phone before returning to work as s looked at each other confused by his behavior. Who was he talking to that left him in such a good mood?

They didn’t know who it was but hoped that this person would continue doing whatever they are doing. It has been a long time since they have seen this particular side of their leader and friend and they really missed him ever since they lost him to parties and heartbreak, all courtesy of one Miss Mizuhara Kiko, so they sent their silent thanks to whoever this mystery person was for bringing their friend back and with that, they continued to work.