Chapter 16

Dream becomes Reality

Chapter 16

Taeyeon finished the last of her mini concert series, Taeyeon’s very special day. She came backstage greeting everyone she encountered along the way. She knew that this one was the one she gave even more of herself so that the fans would enjoy even more. She wondered if it was because of a certain person watching from the audience and the answer would be yes. Of course she tried to show an even better and prettier image because her boyfriend was there watching. Taeyeon was dying to see and talk and hug and kiss Jiyong. She had no idea how he was able to make her feel so many strong feelings already.

Unfortunately, when she scanned the waiting room, he was not there. She was a little disappointed that he left but she also understood that his presence was a big risk they took because if someone realized that he was there, all hell would break loose so she figured they would talk later. So Taeyeon went on with her stuff. She got ready to leave SM Coerx Atrium and when she came out, the fans were all cheering and waving at her some of the members that were with her.

She got to the car and went inside. The other members were going on a different car since Taeyeon finished the concert she was feeling a little tired but just as she was about to doze off, her phone light up with a text from Jiyong.

From: Yongie💘
Hey, can you talk now? Are you free?

To: Yongie💘
Sure. Where are you? Thought you would be there after it was over.

From: Yongie💘
I wanted to but then I had an idea and just had to make it happen.

To: Yongie💘
And what is it?

From: Yongie💘
Remember that date we agreed to go? Well, it will be tonight and that why I need to know if you are free or not?

To: Yongie💘
Tonight? I'm not sure. There will be an after party for all the staff and the band and everything.

From: Yongie💘
I know. I mean after the party, can I go pick you up? It can be any hour.

To: Yongie💘
I think that after the party, I will go back to the dorm. You can pick me up there.

From: Yongie💘
Perfect. Text me when you are free and I will be there. XO

Taeyeon then went to the party as she had said she would. It wasn't a big party or anything, just a small get together with the staff and her members: Tiffany, Yoona, Seohyun and Sooyoung. They had come to the party even if some didn't go to the go concert. Taeyeon was enjoying the atmosphere but even so she was quieter than usual so her best friend came to seat beside her.

“What's wrong?” Tiffany said and Taeyeon turned to look at her. “Nothing. Why?” Taeyeon said and Tiffany shrugged. “I don't know. You don’t look like you are enjoying the party. Is there any reason why is that? You know you can tell me if something is wrong.” Tiffany said and of course Taeyeon knew that if she ever needed someone to help her at anytime with anything, Tiffany would be her first choice.

“It's nothing bad, really. Jiyong oppa asked me out on a date. A real one this time.” Taeyeon said and smiled. “Really Tae? That’s amazing.” Tiffany said. She was really happy for her best friend. Ever since the disaster that was Taeyeon’s relationship with Baekhyun and all of the backlash she received, she closed off a little. She was glad her friend was trying again.

“Yeah. He said that after the party, I should text him to come pick me up.” Taeyeon said. “Then, what's wrong?” Tiffany asked. “How long is this party going to last? What if it is too late when is over?” Taeyeon said and Tiffany laughed. Her friend was in love.

“Then, why don't you leave already? These people are here for you but not only for you. They won't be mad of you leave earlier. I don't think some of them will even notice with how drunk they are getting by the second.” Tiffany sad as they both turned to look at some people who were clearly getting too drunk, Tiffany turned back to Taeyeon. “Go be with your boyfriend. I will cover for you.” Tiffany said and Taeyeon looked at her. “Really? Would you do that?” She asked.

“Of course you idiot. We aren't best friends for more than a decade for nothing. You almost hurt me.” Tiffany said and Taeyeon chuckled. “Sorry Fany. I know you would. I would as well. Thank you.” Taeyeon said and they hugged for a little while as Tiffany whispered in her ear. “Go and be happy. You deserve it more than anyone else.” Tiffany said and Taeyeon nodded.

“I love you Fany.” Taeyeon said and Tiffany smiled. “I love you too Tae. Now go.” Tiffany pulled back, glad up her car keys and gave them to Taeyeon and then pushed her best friend to go. So Taeyeon grabbed her stuff and went out. She drove Tiffany’s car back to the dorm. She arrived at the apartment and went to take a shower and get ready but before she chose her clothes, she texted Jiyong.

To: Yongie💘
Oppa? I'm home already. I just wanted to know what is the dress code?

From: Yongie💘
Already? Well, you will be outside so something that won't let you get cold but casual would do just fine. How long before you want me to go pick you up?

To: Yongie💘
Well, about half an hour. Is that okay?

From: Yongie💘
It's okay, I'm finishing getting things ready as well.

To: Yongie💘
I’ll see you later. Bye

Taeyeon went to finish getting ready, she followed Jiyong instructions and chose a black hoodie, jeans and a pair of sneakers. She sent him a text telling that she was ready and he replied that he was on his way already so she went to the living room and waited for him. Luckily, she didn't have to wait for long. Soon enough the bell to the dorm rang twice. She stood up and went to open the door and on the other side there he was.

He was wearing a grey shirt with a black cardigan on top and black sneakers. He smiled and moved to hug Taeyeon who happily returned the hug. They stood like that for a while before he pulled back and caressed her cheek as she leaned into his touch. They looked at each other's eyes and smiled. They just smiled at being together again. Everything was becoming even harder to say goodbye and spend so much time away from each other.

“You were and are beautiful tonight.” He said and she smiled. “Did you like the concert, sunbaenim?” She said and he smiled before turning serious. “As an experienced sunbaenim, I say that you have the talent to succeed as a solo artist.” He said maintaining his serious face but Taeyeon couldn't hold it in so she broke in laughter, her signature laughter succeeding in making Jiyong smile.

She pushed him a little and went to close the door still laughing before turning towards him. “You are terrible and mean.” She said as they made their way to the elevator. “ No, I'm not. I'm a serious sunbae giving his hoobae advices.” He said and she pushed him shoulder. “Then, what about my boyfriend? What does he think?” She asked and Jiyong couldn't help notice how his heart sped up whenever he heard Taeyeon refer to him as her boyfriend.

“Your boyfriend thinks that he is dating the most beautiful and talented woman he has ever met and that he is the luckiest man to be able to claim her as his girlfriend.” He said and she blushed and he swore that he would make her blush more times. She looked so cute when she is blushing he couldn't resist and pecked her lips just before the door of the elevator opened.

She was shocked. “Oppa!” She exclaimed as he laughed and they stepped out of the elevator and went to his car, thankfully no one was there beside them. He opened the door for her as she thanked him before getting inside the car. He closed the door and went to the driver seat. He started the car and they left the building while smiling. This would be a good date, for sure