N I N E

Please Don't Shoot Me For This (NEW)

She walks toward the elevator and goes up to her floor.

"What a day......" She says, falling to her bed. Feeling a little caught up after all the things that happened today, she goes to one of her happy place, her bathtub. She lights up a few candles, play some relaxing tunes, and puts some of her bath bombs into the water. 


She sits down and lays herself on the bathtub. Letting all the tense on her body loosen up. 


Then her phone rings once. A message.


"You are my pleasure
I feel like a little kid
Trying not to think about you
Only 10 minutes at the longest"
-Jiyong

 

She smiles to herself. He truly has ways with words. Even she, ever slowly, falls for it.


"Guys are either kids or dogs"
-Chaerin


She hits the send button. 


Within seconds, her phone rings again, 


"Other guys will take you away like a hawk
But baby I'll be your James Bond
Until the end of you"
-Jiyong

 

She once again smiles like she just given the whole entire universe.


"You got me losing my mind 
The way you got me fired up" 
-Chaerin


This time, it took almost a minute, 

"Please stop lifting me up and letting me go
You might say two different things with one mouth
Let's stop with the childish playing nah"
-Jiyong


She giggles while she reads the last line, they are being childish. 

But she didn't expect the next thing to happen.

 

 

A notification of him asking her to do a FaceTime.


She picks up without camera on.

 

He looked very happy. He's wearing a beanie on top of his golden hair now. He looks so very happy. Or did she mention charming as well?

"Where's your face, Chaerin-ah?"

"I don't have my make up on, I feel bare, I don't like people seeing me like this." Which is true, but the actual reason is because she's .

He pulls his phone closer so that it zoomed his face. "What? You still wear your clothes on, right? No worries."


And for the first time, she's glad that her camera is off. "Psshh... Anyway, what's all this about? I mean the message, what about it?" She giggles. His heart does the thing where it feels like it wants to wiggles out of his body. Even he's not seeing her face, he can imagine it. Clearly. 

"It's a crazy love song." Meaning it. For her. Not.

"You're right. It is crazy." She laughs now.

"I didn't lie." His face straight. Really meaning it, she just clueless. 

"You didn't, I can see it." She really doesn't get it, he thinks. But in her case, her body heats up.

"O baby you so blind," he sings.

"They say love is blind, boy I'm so blind." She sings back.


"Yo, Ji, who's that?" She hears another man's voice on the other line as Jiyong looks up at the person.

"Hey hyung, what's up? Oh, she's my friend." She panicked, she cuts the call.

 


But her shaky hand touches the camera button, in almost an instant, he sees her bare collarbone and shoulders. She freaked out, he's shocked, but keep his cool still. This time, she clicks the right button and the call ended.


She doesn't actually know why it was such a big deal, knowing she has lots of clothes that show her shoulders, even cleavage, but she felt so awkward and shy. She feels like she just want to drown.


Sleeping is her other runaway from the world. It's for the best so she doesn't need to think about anything.

 

 

 


Just as she about to cover up her body with her blanket, her phone rings again. Once.

 

"Put some clothes on. It's going to be chilly tonight, I know it."
-Jiyong

 

She rolls her eyes. Never even once in her life she went to sleep .

 

"Oh, how so?"
-Chaerin

 

"Because I'm not there beside you."
-Jiyong

 

Boy was he so wrong. Right at this moment all she feels are hotness. 


"Shut up and go work! I need my beauty sleep. Also, don't be up too late, it doesn't actually cool when you get sick over silly things."
-Chaerin


The reply from him that she expected to come fast never arrives. She decides to just sleep it off, and reply the next morning. 

 

But it didn't come that morning.

 

 

It comes just as she tucked both her hands under her blanked beside her body. That single clink that somehow brings her joy comes.

 

"Unlike some people, I'm a natural charmer. Sleeping or not doesn't really affect much on me. Aw, thank you for caring about me, we'll still hang out tomorrow no matter what.

p.s. You are also one of the people like me who just need to breath to be awesome, but if sleep makes you feel better, go ahead, I'll try to be friends with it too later;)"
-Jiyong

 

The smile on her pretty lips totally change the questioning look because of the first sentence of his message. After reading the note under, she wasn't sure she wants to sleep anymore. Not want, but can. She keeps on thinking and thinking. Especially after she closes her eyes, it feels like people are shouting things at her.