Phone pals (Part 2 -v2)

Blank Ji and Kookie

 

She ranted to her phone pal. “Someone in school asked me to the prom, he had made a good proposal and foolishly I agreed, but now I hated the idea! I don’t want to attend the prom with him”

 

He replied, “What was wrong?”

 

“He was just impossible, I don't like how he assumed things, he was like this hot shots and everyone has to follow his wish.” she raved on.

 

“Your date? Someone famous in school?” he asked.

 

“Yeah, if not the most famous. I wanted to tell him the date is over, but I cant find an excuse” she simmered, “I really don’t want to go to the prom with him. I dislike him soo much.”

 

“Why did you agree then?” he asked.

 

“Because he said it would be the best for both of us and I sort of agreed then” she replied. He didn’t answer after that.

 

It was usually so he did not reply sometimes. She thought nothing of it, but when he was silent for more than 2 days, she got worried.

 

She went to school as usual, only to see Kim Jong Kook standing by the school gate waiting for someone. Better not be her as she hurried to go through the gates. “Seong-Im, can we talk?” Alas, it was not her day.

 

“Ok,” she said as she walked towards the remote part of their school.

 

“I am sorry, I found another date to the prom.”  he said.

 

“What?” she did not hear what he said.

 

“I said I found another date to the prom, so I could not go to the prom with you.” he explained again.

 

‘Really?” she asked.

 

“Yes.” his eyes was on the floor.

 

“It’s ok, I understand, our arrangement was out of convenient anyway,” she smiled. Her wish came true! It was indeed her day today.

 

“Yeah.. right. See you.” he quickly walked away, Seong-Im did not think much, and skipped away.

 

“He broke our date to the prom, he found someone else to go with him!” she quickly messaged “Lee Kwang Soo”.

 

“So you are happy now?” he asked.

 

“Yes, very. The sun was so beautiful and the sky is just perfect,” she replied honestly.

 

“I am happy you are happy.” came his reply.

 

“How come you did not seem to be happy for me?” she felt his unhappiness.

 

“No, I am happy for you, don’t get me wrong. I am just busy right now.”

 

“Ok, then  I won’t bother you.” she was left alone to celebrate her happiness.

 

After school, while she was on her way out of the library, she saw a phone left on a table, it seemed someone had forgotten it. It was locked so she could not possibly open to get help. So she decided to keep it, in case the owner called, she could just return the phone to the person sincethe library was closing.

 

“I found a lost phone” she messaged her friend. “I wondered who it is, this is so exciting.”

 

The lost phone vibrated, she saw a message on the phone, it said “Star unicron sent you a message” Star unicorn, that is her! She tried to send a message again, and the phone vibrated again with her name.  She confirmed this was the phone of “Lee Kwang Soo”, she was finally going to meet her phone pal. Her heart was in while she waited patiently for him to call.

 

“Tttt tttt ” The phone vibrated, “home” was calling the lost phone. She quickly picked it up, “Hello, I picked up your phone. I was waiting for you to call”

 

“Hi there, really? thanks!” came a soothing voice from the other end. Even his voice sound as nice as his person she thought.

 

“Yeah, let’s meet in the park in an hour time? I would be wearing a white dress,” she said.

 

“Ok.” She quickly got ready, she couldn’t suppress her excitement. She rushed to the park just in time to see a guy standing at the spot. She quickly ran towards him, “Lee Kwang Soo” she called and the guy turned around.

 

When she saw his face, she was shocked instead, “Lee Kwang Soo” was actually Kim Jong Kook and Kim Jong Kook face registered an equally shocked look.

 

Then she remembered the horrible things she had said about him to Lee Kwang Soo, and how  Jong Kook had cancelled their date to the prom. She did not what to say and so did Jong Kook.

 

“I am helping Kwang Soo to retrieve his phone, he was busy.” he said when he found his voice

 

“Really? You are not Lee Kwang Soo? How I know he sent you?” she looked at him suspiciously.

 

“You really don’t believe in me, do you.”  his voice tint with sadness, “I am so untrustworthy. I’m sorry, I will get him to collect from you, I just sorry you need to be inconvenient twice” and he ran off.


 

“Wait.. Kim Jong Kook, wait!’ she rushed after him, she didn’t mean to hurt his feelings and she just been pure mean. “Wait. Kim Jong Kook,” she shouted as she chased after him. “Ahhhh…..” she stumbled and her feet gave way, she fell flat on the floor, tears came running down, both from the fall and her mean words. She picked herself up and walked to the nearby bench limping, she was sobbing silently.

 

A tissue paper waved in front of her, and she looked up, Jong Kook had returned. “Please don’t cry, people would think I bully you. Are you hurt?” he checked her for injury.

 

“I am soorryyy” she blunted out, “I did not mean those words, they just rushed out, I don’t know why. I did not mean to hurt you and I did not trust you. Please believe me.” she sobbed as she explained herself.

 

“It’s ok, I am just too sensitive, you hurt your knees and elbow. You wait for me here ok?” and he rushed off, soon he returned with a bag from the convenience store.

 

He gave a sweet. “Eat it, while I helped you clean up the wound. It might sting a little,” he said opening up a disinfectant, he gently cleaned her wound with a cotton bud before using first aid band to seal up the wound. Her tears slowly dying out and she was filled with sweetness from the sweet.

 

“Did I hurt you?” he asked his eyes full of concern. She shook her head. “That is good.”

 

She handed him the phone, “There, your phone.” she said.

 

“No.. No.. this is not my phone.” he tried to explain.

 

“A phone call came just now looking for you and I answered it, the person was looking for you.”

 

He blushed, apparently lost of words.

 

“I am also sorry for those mean words I said about .you, I ..” she wanted to explained her behaviour.

 

“It’s ok. I understand. You just don’t like me. It;s ok.” he smiled, trying to lighten the mood. “I think you are all patch up, thanks for the phone. I make a move.” he turned and was about to walk away, her hands quickly reached up and hung on to him.

 

“You don’t understand. I felt terrible now.” she shuttered.

 

“Don’t be.” he softly uttered. “I just wanted you to be happy.”

 

“I like the Lee Kwang Soo who I can talk about anything but I also dislike the Kim Jong Kook who I felt is a show-off.” she hung her head down. “Maybe I just didn’t stop to know the Kim Jong Kook, just like today, I saw the gentle Kim Jong Kook whom I did not know before. Maybe .. just Maybe I did not stop to know you better and just group you with the rest of people. I was too ignorant, and I did not stop to know people” she felt her tears welling up again.

 

“Lee Kwang Soo was my cousin, I was with him when you messaged, he panic and passed the phone to me. I was the one who talked to you from the start, although he had tempted to take over but he just felt he was coming in between us and he passed his account to me. I liked to talk to you without being Kim Jong Kook, I was relaxed, I can be myself” he clarified.

 

“Me too, being who I am, when I was star unicorn, I can do whatever  I wanted. I like being your friend, I wanted to be your friend still, to let me know you better, which one is the real you, or both of you are the real you, like both of me are the real me.” she explained too.

 

They looked at each other and smiled. She extended her hand, “Hi, I am Cheon Seong-Im.”

 

“I am Kim Jong Kook.”

 

“Will you be my date for the dance?” she asked sincerely.


“Yes, I love too.” he answered with a smile from his heart.


Which version you like mot? You want a third version?