Searching ...

Blank Ji and Kookie

Jong kook woke up from his nightmare or is it a dream, he didn't know. Every full moon, he will dream of the same dream, in his dream, he had a lover or a wife, they loved each other very much, he always made the same promise, "I'll love you forever." His lover would laugh, her laughter like bells jingling. "Are you sure, forever is a long time."

He would reply, "yes, forever, even if I died and reborn, I would still love you, and seek for you." He would gently hold her face and look into her eyes, deep into her soul, "even if you have other lovers, I would still love you and protect you. As long as you are happy, I am happy."

Her eyes would fill with tears, although she didn't make similar promise, he didn't care. But at that instant, she would disappear from his hand, and he couldn't find her. He could only felt his heart been tore apart and he would wake up in cold sweat, feeling both the sweetness from his love and the cold from losing it. Every full moon, he would sleep in anticipation of seeing her again, even if he had to wake up in cold sweat, he didn't care. He knew he really loved her. This went on for 10 years, he could not fall in love, they were all not her, he would search for her, hoping one day, he would find her in the midst. He sighed where was she, was she happy, he couldn't help but wondered. He got off from his bed, he no longer felt sleepy, his yearning for her had growth over the years.

He decided to have a early run, to clear up his mind. The streets are quiet, of course, it was only 4 am, no one in the right mind would be about. He run around his block, listening to his favorite singer songs, Kim Jong kook and Turbo. In the opposite direction, a woman was cycling towards him. Another one who can't sleep, he waved his hand and suddenly he felt that feeling, the same feeling in his dreams as the woman rode past him. He quickly turned his head and saw the woman back as she rode into another street. His own feet rooted to the ground, he found her, he had finally found her. Tears started to gather, before he remembered to run after her, but he had lost her again, the tears that had gathered fell, his heart winced and his sorrow was thousands times worse than before.

He stood there, feeling lost until he saw the rising sun, the rising sun had given him hope, he had found her, he would find her again then. She was here with him now, that was the most important thing. He slowly walked home, he kept playing "knowing her" and thinking of the plan to re-find her again.

He first should try to jog everyday at 4 am again, and he did. But after 2 weeks of running, he didn't catch sight of anyone less his dream girl. He now also tried to walk there for an hour, in hope to catch another glimpse of her, she must live in that area. He had already sketched enough of her, all the angles he could remember, so much he felt he would be able to pick her up from a sea of people.

Yet, after 3 weeks, there was still no sigh. He gave a soft sigh and his co host, Gary and Haha picked up, " Hyung, what is it?" Haha asked concernly. It was not like his optimisticco host to sigh. Jong kook was staring at his sketchbook, Haha gave Gary a look, and Gary immediately understood. Haha started to distract Jong Kook with their programme while Gary stole the book. He opened the sketchbook and saw pictures of women, both him and haha looked at each other, Jong Kook was never interested in women, not to mentioned the same woman, it's was apparent in the drawing. 

"Give me that," Jong Kook was slightly irritated, he felt his privacy been invaded.

"Hyung, whose that?" Haha asked.

Jong kook gave him a look then sighed, he also wanted to know the answer. "I don't know, I only met her once but .... But she caught my attention." He said, omitting the details she is her dream girl.

"Some woman! I had also thought you were ..." Haha coughed, Jong kook shot him a glare. "Hyung the show going to start." Haha quickly change the topic. Gary nodded, "yeah, Song Jong Ki coming to the show, and there he comes." Song Jong Ki and his manager walked into the recording studio. Jong Kook could not tear her eyes away from Joong Ki's manager, Haha and Gary too! She looked like the girl in Jong Kook sketch book!

"Hello, Hyung, please take good care of me." Joong Ki politely bowed towards the three host.

"Hello, Jong Kook shii, Gary shii and Haha Shii. I am Joong Ki's manager, Cheom Seong-I'm." Jong kook could not find his tongue, Haha and Gary quickly stepped in and welcomed the duo. Jong Kook shook both their hands, and when his hand touched hers, it was liked a electric shock, she felt it too, he could see it in her eyes. When he looked into her eyes, he knew he really found her.

"Hyung, the show starting." Gary called out to Jong Kook, Jong Kook broke their stare and managed to do their show. He walked the duo out after the interviewing session ended. 

"This is my name card." Jong Kook offered his name card, in hope she would give him hers. 

"And this is mine, " she offered. "Mm, Jong Kook shii.. " she paused, but she didn't continue. 

Jong Kook wanted to find an excuse to meet up, but he couldn't think of one good enough, it was unusual for DJs to meet up with artists' managers. But he had found her, he was not going to give up so easily. "Call me Jong Kook oppa, I guessed I am older than you. Seong-Im?"

"Ok, Oppa." She blushed, it was beautiful. 

"Noona," Joong Ki called. "Jong Kook Hyung, thanks, that was a great show. Mm, I kinda liked the vibes the four of us have, wanna dinner sometime? Just us five?" Joong Ki had given them the prefect opportunity  to meet up again. 

"Ok, let me make arrangement with Seong-Im?" Jong Kook asked, half frightened Joong Ki would not give him the chance.

"Of course, Hyung and Noona." Grinned the boyish actor.

Their schedule could not meet on a common dates, Jong Kook and Seong-Im spent a long time trying to get a common date, the exchanges of messages got longer and longer. Jong Kook felt he had knew her for the longest time and he  could not contain his excitement the day they were to meet. Of course, there are the others, he knew Haha and Gary would help and apparently Joong Ki too. He wanted to make a good impression and .. Maybe date Seong-Im.

The night of the full moon came instead, Jong Kook was both anticipating and frighten. His dream, his nightmare, he fell asleep instantly, this time, there was some changes to his dream, this time, the woman and man, he could tell it was him and Seong-Im. Instead of disappearing as she did, this time, she stood there, as if waiting for him to catch her. Jong Kook wanted to get closer, but the distance was always so far away!  He ran and ran and ran but she was so far away, he wanted to ask her to wait but he had no voice, he continued to run, even though it was slow to catch up, he didn't give up. She was looking encouraging at him, both seen to anticipating the meet up and then he woke up.

It was frustrating this time, they could have meet if he had run faster, he got up. To get rid of his pent up frustration, he decided to go running, to prove to himself, he could have done it. He took the same route, maybe wanting to meet Seong-Im too. He ran at his fastest speed, not willing to slow down. The full moon shone brightly and he panted hard, but somehow he didn't see the woman of his dream. He ended up the run with more frustration, pondering for a while, he decided to drop her a message.

"Morning, Seong-Im" he wrote.

"Morning, Oppa," came the immediate reply.

It was then he saw the time, 6 a.m., "Did I wake you up?" He was apologetic, he should have wait till a more sensible time. 

"No, I was already about." She replied. It felt better to better able to message her, but it was still not enough to soothe him, somehow it made him greedier, he wanted to listen to her voice, and his fingers reacted before his brain did.

She picked up the call immediately, "You are up early." He said softly.

"Yeah, I ... ", she stopped as if wondering what to say next. "I .. I was waken by a dream and could not sleep again."

"Me too..." He answered, "How about we have breakfast together?" He asked, hearing her voice was not good enough, he wanted to meet her.

"OK, how about this place." She gave him an address of a cafe, it was near his place. 

"I could be there in half an hour, after I taken my shower. It's around my neighborhood" Jong Kook said.

"Me too! Oppa, see you then." The phone went dead. Jong Kook smiled, patient had never been her best quality, then he stopped. How did he know that? He wondered, although in their conversation, there were signs but this was not how he knew. He quickly showered and put on something, he felt is presentable and rushed to meet her.

He saw her, walking towards him, getting nearer, his heart ponding, and he quicken his steps, she did too, as if they both wanted to prove the dream wrong. She was wearing a white t-shirt with a pair of jeans. "Morning again, Oppa." She smiled at him, the smile pierced into his heart and  both soothed and raced his heart at the same time.

"Morning," he tempted to touch her, to prove she really was in front of him. He opened the door to the cafe and both of them got in. "What do you want to eat, Oppa treat you since I woke you up. American breakfast?" He asked her.

"Oppa! How you know, and a cup of Americano and you do know you didn't wake me up." She pouted as she said the last sentence. She looked both cute and pretty. "I guess you would have chicken salad and a cup of green tea?" He looked at her in surprise, how they knew each other choices, he didn't know but he placed their order and collected their food.

They sat down, slightly shy, "let's tuck in first."  He said. She picked up her food and appreciated the good food, filling  up the empty stomach. He was nervous, picking on his food, trying to think of what to say.

"Oppa, it seems we met up first before the dinner." She started the conversation, "and who knows we stayed so near!!"

"I guess we did." He smiled. "Yeah, we did start near, but I never saw you before. Maybe our working hours are just too different. Before Joong Ki, who are you managing?"

"Mm I was working as a trainee, following everyone around in the company. Joong Ki was like first artist, and I am really lucky, he was one of the nicest one around." Seeing-Im explained. "Everyone said I was lucky to be assigned to him. And yeah I had to agree"

"Joong Ki is a nice kid," Jong Kook said, feeling slightly jealous at how sweet and happy she looked at the mention of JOong Ki, who was he to compare against the pretty boy who was well mannered and everything. Suddenly, the salad tasted bitter.

"Yeah, he is. His girlfriend is sure lucky." She continued.

"Should you me telling me this? You do remember I worked in the entertainment industry too." He rejoiced and he even could .

"Oops! Oppa, do help me keep the secret!" She pleaded, looking so cute.

"Not without a price," he pretended to be naughty, but  ended up laughing at her cute look. "Ok, I am not interested to dig at others' secret. That's why a lot of artists loved to come to our programme, we just talked about their work and random items"

"Yeah, the programme reputation was very good, that's why I had insisted Joong Ki to attend when I received the invitation." She smiled, feeling totally comfortable with Jong Kook.

Jong Kook felt natural talking to her, his early concerns of what to say was actually uncalled for, he could talk everything with her. They ended their breakfast after an hour, since she had a schedule. They had agreed to keep in touch.

After the breakfast, Jong Kook felt he was a man with mission. He knew he had found what he was looking for so long, he was like a teenager in love. His heart pounded at the thought of her, he smiled blankly into space and he felt like singing and dancing. Every day, he would wake up smiling, and send her greetings, their conversation would continue into the day and finally ended when one of them was asleep.  Jong Kook couldn't wait till they met again during their dinner outing.

Joong Ki and Seong-Im had an interview before the dinner date. “Oppa, we will be late, The interview just wouldn't end, the host just keep making Joong Ki stay, he just not stop!” She explained. Jong Kook frowned looking at the message, he wanted to see her again, every second delayed added to his frustration. Haha was driving and busy talking to Gary, Jong Kook sulked alone at the backseat.

When the three arrived at the private room they had reserved, Gary and Haha noticed the irritated man, he was pacing in the room. “Hyung, they are arriving soon, take a seat and relax.” Both of them tried to calm down the man but Jong Kook was just felt more anxious

“Hyung, sorry we are late!” Joong Ki bright and cheerful voice sliced the tense atmosphere, lightened up mood immediately. 

“Oppa, we are finally here!” Seong-Im brought the sparkling and jovial sun and laughter into the gloomy room and it immediately turned into a merry place. Jong Kook was all smiled and stood to help Seong-Im with her chair. Gary and Haha exchanged glances, their Hyung was never took initiative with a woman before, usually the women needed to be the one who took the first step.

The usual quiet man, when he was with a woman, was visibly at ease with Seong-Im, his usual awakens was gone but instead, was extremely enthusiasm towards Seong-I'm. Gone was the reserved man, a very animated Jong Kook was engaging a conversation with a very interested Seong-Im. They were so deeply in the conversation that the other three felt that they were three extremely bright sun in the room and completely redundant.

Jong Kook knew he had fallen in love, hard. He had knew she was his dream girl, but after knowing her, he knew she was the only prefect woman for him. They had started to meet each other privately, getting to know each other deeper, he had not felt so at ease with anyone else.

During the full moon nights, his dreams wer changing, he was getting closer to her, their distance getting nearer. Usually, straight after the dream, he would message her and they were met up for breakfast, just to feel near to each other and seeing each other to confirm their presence.

Tonight was a full room night, Jong Kook anxiously paced the floor at Seong-Im’s lobby. Somehow, the previous full moon night, he had not asked to meet her but he was going to change everything tonight. She had said yes, when he had asked for the dinner date, not that she had ever refused him, tonight was different

When Seong-Im walked out the lift’s door, Jong Kook felt his breath was robbed and he had problem breathing. In her simple white dress, she was liked an angel. “Hi,” she said. “Hi..,Yooouu looked prettyyy” he stuttered,

“Thanks,” as she slipped her hand into his.

He blushed, everytime she did that, he felt his heart bursting from the rib cages and his hand sweaty. She noticed and giggled. He didn't bring her to a posh restaurant, instead they went into a simple and homely cafe that fitted them perfectly. He ordered some food for them and they ate the delicious dishes happily, talking about everything under the sun. 

At the end of dinner, Jong Kook automatically held her hand, and they strolled down the river by the side of the cafe. They found a bench and seated down to admire the full moon and the sparkling river. 

“Seong-Im, we had known each other for five months, but I actually felt we knew each other longer than this. I always feel that I knew you forever and been waiting for you ever since. Every full moon, I would dream of waiting for someone, and when I met you, I knew I had found her. Seong-Im, please be my girl friend. My heart would only beat for you, my eyes can only see you.” Jong Kook paused as he observed Seong-Im, she did not make any move, Jong Kook’s felt his heart slowed down as he held his breath waiting for her answer.

“Oppa … Every full moon, I always dreamt of the same dream, in my dream, someone would tell me he would love me forever and promise to make me happy.” She paused. “Even when I am in love with someone else, he would do anything to make me happy.”

Jong Kook froze, that was his dream and promise. “Yes, I had made that promise to you, and I will honor my promise to you again. I love you forever, Seong-I'm and I respected any decision. My only hope is for you to be happy.” He hugged her, maybe this would the last time, he held her in his arms.

“Oppa, I could only be truly happy when I was with you. What took you so long to find me.” Her tears dropped on his chest into his heart.

“I am sorry, love. I didn't know it is you. I had searched high and low, and couldn't find you. But we are together now.” He whispered into her ears.

“Oppa, I love you.” She raised her head to look at Jong Kook, Jong Kook caught her glance, and they looked deep into each other’s soul, yes, finally they had found each other! Jong Kook’s lips took hers, both of them feeling themselves melting into each other. They slowly broke away, their hands interlocked, smiling loving at each other.  

That night, both of them had a different dream. In the dream, they were together and they loved each other very much, he had always made the same promise, "I'll love you forever." His lover would laugh, her laughter like bells jingling. "Are you sure, forever is a long time."

He would reply, "yes, forever, even if I died and reborn, I would still love you, and seek for you." He would gently hold her face and look into her eyes, deep into her soul, "even if you have other lovers, I would still love you and protect you. As long as you are happy, I am happy."

Her eyes would fill with tears, “But my happiness is always with you. Together, our life could then be complete, without you, I am losing something important. Please make sure you find me each life so that I won't miss you.” She came closer, he could almost felt her body heat, she leaned forward and gave him a kiss on his lips.

He woke up, tears in his eyes and feeling elated, Yes, they finally found each other.