Chuseok

Blank Ji and Kookie

Jong Kook was driving his family to their hometown in the countryside.  “Let’s have a photo, and all his family members put their head up while Ji Hyo hid herself. This is the first time she was going to spend the festival with Jong Kook’s family instead of her own. Her parents and siblings had decided to go to the US for the holidays to visit their relatives. Initially, she was going with them too but with her new drama, she could not afford the time now. She wanted to spend time alone but Jong Kook on finding out had kindly extended the offer for her to spend the holidays with his family.

 

He somehow managed to convince that she needed to spend time with his family instead of staying seoul alone. She had been looking forward to the trip secretly, spending quality time with his family but mostly with him. They had been so busy recently and missed a number of times that could meet privately with the other running man, and now she had him all to herself, although she needed to share him with his relatives.

 

Jong Kook had picked her up first. “Morning. Ji Hyo ah. Eaten yet?” Ji Hyo nodded her head. She knew about Jong kook particularity on meals. Jong kook looked apologetic, “Sorry, you may need to sit at the back. My brother gets carsick easily and he would need to sit in front.”

 

“It’s ok, your family had been most kind to invite me for the festival.”Ji Hyo said, Jong Kook gave her a warm smile.

 

“I am so happy you had agreed to spend the festive with us.” Jong Kook said, “My hometown has so many activities lined up, I am sure you will not be bored plus,” he pointed to himself, “you have the best tour guide and we would win all the races if we combine commander and ace!” his smile was contagious, Ji Hyo smiled too.

 

“Ok, I will be looking forward to everything you have planned for me.” Ji Hyo said, then she paused, “Will it take time away from your family?” she asked, having second thoughts about the trip.

 

“Of course not, my family will be there too. Don’t worry too much.” he gently tapped on her hands before keeping his eyes on the road, a pink tint spread across his face.  Ji Hyo’s eyes could only focus on her hands, the spot where he tapped, she could feel her body blushing from the encountered. Both of them lost in their own thoughts. He reached his brother’s place first, the family was already waiting for Jong Kook at the lobby.

 

“Hello, uncle, Hello Ji Hyo Noona,” the children greeted the pair in the car happily. Ji Hyo got down the car and switched to the back seat.

 

“Hello, children,” Ji Hyo and Jong Kook said.

 

“Hi Hyung and Noona,” Jong kook said,

 

“Hi, oppa and unnie.” Ji Hyo greeted the couple,  Jong kook’s brother had taken his wife and children to visit the running man’s recording and so they were not actually strangers.

 

“Morning Jong kook and ji hyo. Ji Hyo, I so sorry you need to sit with me, my husband has terrible car sickness.” She picked a seat beside her, “Come sit with me.” she montion to Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo smiled and sat beside her unnie, they started discussing beauty tips and the children were left to play on their own. The brothers were sitting in front chit chatting. Soon the car arrived and Jong Kook’s apartment, the brothers quickly went to help their parents. Everyone got back into the car, Ji Hyo sat beside her unnie, while Jong Kook’s mum sat in front of her. The children were running around in the car, while the adults engaged in conversation. Jong Kook’s father sat behind the car observing his family.

 

The whole journey although was long, was a happy one, everyone was enjoying each other company. Jong Kook took out a Turbo album and insert it into the CD player. The familiar tunes soon filled the car and everyone was singing out loudly to the fast tune, Ji Hyo too was happily singing along. Jong Kook’s melodic voice acted as the filler, and the choir seems so much more professional with his voice mix in.

 

They soon reached Anyang, everyone gave a good stretch and the children started to look for their cousins while the adults prepared for the stay. “Ji Hyo, come come,” Jong Kook’s mother took Ji Hyo’s hand to show her the room she sleeping in. “Jong Kook will sleep beside you, there” she pointed to Jong Kook’s room. His room looked rather small, and her room looked manly. She carried her bag into the room and saw a lot of photos of a little boy with small eyes and grinning cheekily. Some of them with his mother, some of them with his older brother and some of them were the family portraits, he would stand beside his stern father. She realised she was sleeping in Jong Kook room, his presence could be felt in the entire room. She felt her face redden, she was going to be sleeping in his room.

 

“Tat, tat, tat” a soft knock could be heard at the door. She turned her head and she glanced into a pair of gentle soft eyes. “How are you doing?” Jong Kook asked.

 

“Great, is this your room?” she asked.

 

“Yeah, how you guess?” he replied. She motioned to all the photos around her. “My mum liked to do this.” he shrugged his shoulders. “You done?” she nodded her head. “Come, let me show you around.” Ji Hyo joined Jong Kook, they comfortably walked beside each other, their hands kept brushing as they stayed near to each other. Both of their faces had a red tint.

 

“Ji Hyo, let me introduce you to the village first, then we would have dinner, then we could watch tv with my family or take a walk around. Tomorrow, the village would start the celebration but we could still walk around and see some of the scenery.” Jong Kook explained his plan.

 

“Don’t we need to help your parents?” she asked, she felt back taking away their son.

“Yeah, but that is tomorrow, everyone is tired out today, so all of us usually relaxed.” Jong Kook clarified, “Maybe except my mum, she would love to whip out a great meal for us all. My sister in law would help.”

 

“Maybe I should too.” Ji Hyo said, she wanted to help out as she felt she belonged.

 

Jong Kook smiled, “If you want, we would be in time anyway, don’t worry.” they strolled through the village, while Jong Kook gave an animated description of all the shops and people living there. It was a small village so it didn't take long for them to finish the tour. The villagers were friendly and they treated Ji Hyo as part of the family. Ji Hyo although enjoyed herself, wanted to go back to help with dinner.

 

Jong Kook felt her anxious,  quickly brought back to the house and the three women gathered in the kitchen and started to work on dinner. Ji Hyo was rather apologetic, her cooking skill needed a lot of polishing, but she could still help with the tasks. It was enjoyable to cook with the two older women who taught her a lot, and gossiped about Jong Kook behind his back. Jong Kook would pop up occasionally to check on Ji Hyo and offered his help to the three women but they would ask him to go away instead. He didn’t see the blissful smiles on the faces of his mother and sister-in-law. Laughter could be heard from the kitchen, Ji Hyo felt completely at ease and she could be herself and the two older women completely accepted her as she was. She was not the famous actor or the variety artist, just an ordinary woman.

 

Everybody gladly sat down for dinner, it was delicious and everyone helped to polish the plates till empty. The brothers volunteered to wash the dishes, and the three woman shouted hurray and they scrambled in front of TV to watch their favourite kdrama. They were busy discussing how handsome the actor was. Jong Kook felt jealousy sipping though as he observed sparks in Ji hyo’s eyes. His brother chuckled, “they were just fangirling. Don’t worry, she yours.”

 

Jong Kook looked at his brother in shocked. “Whose mine?”

 

His brother jabbed him in his elbow, “come on, it’s all in your eyes, I think even the children knew it. They kept asking us about when are you too getting marry. Maybe the only person who didn't know is her.”

 

Jong Kook sighed, “She isn’t mine, although I really ..” his face turned all red.

 

“Jong Kook ah.. I think she likes you too, or else why did she bother to even follow you here and helping up in the kitchen. She belonged here in this family. Fighting ah, Jong Kook. If you love her, you must grab your chance, ok?” His brother looked encouraging at Jong Kook, Jong Kook nodded his head subtly, yes, maybe it the perfect opportunity now.

 

He took her for an evening walk after the three ladies finished their show, to the nearby river, the nearly full moon shone brightly and the water reflected the moonlight. The two of them walked silently , enjoying the peace that nature brings and each other's company. The song of the crickets and the tingling of stream relaxed both of them.

 

“How's the trip so far?” he asked, breaking the silence.

 

“It's fun,” she giggled. “I heard so many stories about you.”

 

Jong-kook scowled, “lies, all of them lies.”

 

Ji Hyo laughed, “somehow it is believable.” She jabbed her elbows into his ribs. “Crying baby” before running away.

 

“Who the crying baby?” Jong Kook ran after her, wanting her to take back her words.  Ji Hyo ran as fast as her legs could carry her, but she didn't watch her steps and trip on a stone, her heart froze as she expected to hit the rock hard roads but instead finding herself in between a pair of strong arms and a warm body. She looked up and stared into two small memorialising eyes, she found herself lost in the different whirl  of emotions that were running through them.

 

“Ji Hyo ya, be careful.” His voice usually low. She nodded, torn between wanting to bury her face into his broad snugly chest or distancing herself leaving the comfort of his embrace. The answer for her heart and mind was totally different, and she stood there in the same position. It was him who made the first move, “it's late. We have a long day tomorrow.” He took her small hands into his and they strolled back to his house, his hands holding hers. He took her to her room,  “good night, sleep tight.” He said.

 

“you too,” she said, then she stood on tiptoes and kissed his cheek, and she immediately hid in her room, shutting the doors firming, back pressing against the door, her heart was racing at light speed. She quietly stood there till she heard Jong kook door closed, he was equally affected she hoped.

 

The next morning, she needed to gather all her courage to step out of her room, and the first person she saw was the person she didn't want to see … Yet. Their eyes met, “Morning, Ji Hyo ya. “ his dimples showing.

 

“Morning oppa.” She tried to calm her beating heart, they stepped into the living room, wearing traditional wear. The rest of families was also coming out of their rooms. They prayed to Kim family's ancestors.

 

“Let’s take a photo,” his brother offered. All of them stood around their parents, Ji Hyo standing beside Jong kook, both of them couldn't help, but smile as sweet as cotton candy. They took a few different positions, “how about just both of you?” His brother asked. Both of them nodded shyly, “move closer,” his brother keep saying and now their arms were touching each other, red blush tinted their cheeks, but the photo turned out great! They looked like a couple in love. Ji Hyo and Jong kook kept the photos in their phones respectively.

 

The photos helped Jong Kook made an important decision, something he should have done long ago.

 

The photos helped Ji Hyo made an important decision, something she should have done a long time ago.

 

The rest of the day were in a blur, they were there, yet not there.they enjoyed each other companies, playing every game together, trying their best and winning almost of the matches they were in. They enjoyed winning and yet when they lost, they were good natured about it. They ate dinner with the family again, the three women preparing all the food.

 

After the dinner, jong kook was waiting for Ji Hyo at the garden, he was shifting restlessly, his happiness for the rest of his life depended on him, he took a deep breath, trying to calm down his nerves. Ji Hyo's  trebling hand tried to open the door,she had received the message from him asking her to meet up with him after dinner, this was the opportunity that she needed. Now she needed to act accordingly to her plan. She took a deep breath as the door swings open and she met with the man’s eye again.

 

He smiled, as he stared into those big brown eyes, he wanted to drown in them forever. “Hello,” as he extended his hands to her.

 

She took them, feeling him warming her hands. They didn't intent to broke the connections they have as they strolled down the river again, Jong kook leading them to his favorite spot. They soon reached it.

 

The full moon was hanging big and round in the sky, the bright moon lit up Ji Hyo face, “You are beautiful, Ji Hyo yah.” Jong kook can't help but sigh at her beauty.

 

“Oppa, you also looked great yourself. Today was fun, thanks, Oppa.” Ji Hyo said.

 

“I am glad you having fun, Ji Hyo yah, how you find the village? Most of the villages are actually my relatives.”

 

“I know Oppa, I watch family outing too you know?”

 

“You did? Yeah, and you didn’t recognise one of your relatives. Your face turned all red and it was so funny.” giggled Ji Hyo as she remembered her funny Oppa. “And I love the drawings you did.”

 

“You really watched the show.” Jong Kook was amazed. “I can draw one for you too if you want?”

 

“Really?”

 

“And I did draw one.” he took out a piece of paper from his pocket, and he took a deep breath, silently hoping everything would go well. He handed over the paper, he had drawn it yesterday and took pains to colour the picture.

 

Ji Hyo gasped as she saw what was drawn, in the picture, the woman was clearly her, he had drawn them in their current setting, Jong Kook had drawn himself holding her in his embrace and about to bend down, her face turned red, what did he mean?

 

She raised her head and saw that he was observing her, “Ji Hyo yah, I and you .. we … had been friends for the very long time, and sometimes, love … love just grew, without I notice it, you have slipped into my heart, and my heart had refused to let you leave, and my heart just keeps growing fonder and fonder of you, Ji Hyo yah, I can’t get you out of my mind, I discovered I needed you more and more, i love you, Ji Hyo yah.” His hand trembling in hers.

 

“Oppa,” her hands holding both of his, “Oppa, I love you too. You too had entered my heart, and you refused to leave. You made me love you with all my heart, so you must take responsibility.” He nodded with all his might. “You must love me forever and make me love you forever too.” Ji Hyo demanded, he smiled, that was a good plan.

 

“And my first step is to continue what I had drawn,” he scooped her into his arms, feeling her warmth in the cool night and bend down his head in search of her lips. Her lips were soft and warm, his lips taste her sweetness and could not get enough of it, they nibbled and her lips. Ji Hyo melted into him feeling her dissolving in his kiss, she let out a small moan and his tongue slipped in and met with hers. Both of them was getting lost in the kiss and they only stopped when they felt they needed more air. She had totally lost her strength and could only lean on him.

 

“Ji Hyo,” he whispered into her ear. “Thank you for agreeing to be my girlfriend, you had made me the happiest man alive.”

 

“You too had made me the most blissful woman.” her muffled voice could be heard.

 

They slowly strolled back to the house, this time, he not only held her hands but also held her in his arms. At her door, he kissed her forehead. “Good night, Ji Hyo, see you tomorrow.”

 

“Good night, Oppa.” she said, before returning to her room for a good night rest.

 

The next morning, Jong Kook waited outside for her, they entered the dinning room holding hands and the family cheered, “Jong Kook, good for you/” his brother said, while Jong Kook mum, held Ji Hyo’s hand firming. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo smiled blissfully at each other, this was the best chuseok festival indeed!

 

Sorry for been late with most of the stories lately, life had been too busy and tiring to write the stores.. hope you like this stories and thanks for reading them so far!