My fellow (2 of 2)

Blank Ji and Kookie

Seong-Im and Dong Hoon was resting in the same room that had stayed before, they silently thanked their lucky stars that Jong Kook insisted the four of them to stay in the same room the previous night. Now it make it easier for them to create diversion.

 

They woke up late that morning on purpose, Dong Hoon started complaining about pain and been ridiculously injured. He picked fights with Seong-Im and both of them had the biggest argument of their life. Seong-Im stormed out of the room, then disappeared into the busy streets. He came back as the inn helper and went back into the room to help Dong Hoon. Dong Hoon had successfully pissed everyone off, and no one in the inn would help him, making him a too easy target that no one dared to come close. Seong-Im changed into Hee Gun’s clothes and woke up from the bed, Dong Hoon took over her clothes and left the room after an argument with himself. Hee Gun’s (actually Seong-Im) was the next person who had found Dong Hoon was a problem and left the building too. Both of them was now out of the inn, waiting for Jong Kook and Hee Gun to return.

 

Jong Kook and Hee Gun rushed back, after handing the document to the Tong Sect. According to plan, Seong-Im would be the first person to come back to the inn. He entered the room easily, the next person to come back was Dong Hoon, Dong Hoon came back as the inn helper and he quickly changed back to his gear, Seong-Im wore the gear out and Hee Gun came back. Seong-Im and Jong Kook would then return, disguise as guests in the room beside, and Dong Hoon and Hee Gun would opened the connecting door and now all four will be back in the same room. They passed another night with no danger.

 

The next morning, they decided they would return, all four of them went back the same way as they had came before, Dong Hoon exaggerated his pain and put on a seban, the other three showed great displeasure towards Dong Hoon.  

 

News finally leaked out and they could feel the eyes on them ease off, maybe they knew they hadn't a chance now. They happily took their way back.

 

Suddenly, they were ambushed by the same men as before, only this time, they were more desperate than ever. “I don't know how you did it, but you did. You had ruined me,” he shouted, raising his sword, “Kill them!” And his army of people charged towards the few of them. The fight this time was hard, all the men fought like no tomorrow.

 

Seeing-I'm was feeling the pressure and every she defended saved her life, not far away Jong Kook was also protecting his life. A sword came directly for her from behind and she was engaged with another fight, she knew the stab might cause her life and did her best to prevent it from hurting her critically.

 

The sword sliced off some on his sleeve D cut into his arm, blood spluttered and coloured the remaining clothing red. He quickly defeated the enemy he was sparing with and turned to the one who had hit him only to find the man on the ground in pain. Jong Kook had managed to defeated him. Their eyes met and Seong-Im can see the concerns in his eyes, but there was no time for talk, each of them facing new enemies. Jong Kook moved to his back and guarded his back, combined they were more powerful than before.

 

Again, they were left with the leader, with Dong-hoon and Seong-Im injured, Hee gun and Jong Kook faced the leader while the other two watched. All of them were tired from their previous battle, “You will die in my hands,” scream the leader.

 

Jong Kook gestured to Hee Gun to protect the rest while he met the leader in combat. The leader will merciless, each of his seek to end Jong Kook’s life. All three watched in fear as the battle intensified. Thankfully Jong Kook was more skillful and managed to gain the upper hand, he managed to defeat the leader and the leader begged for mercy.

 

‘I just wanted to tell you, we are not your enemy,” Jong Kook let the leader go, they had no intention to take lives. He walked back to the group but the leader gave a howl and rushed toward Jong Kook for a sneak attack. Seong-Im saw the leader’s attempt and shouted “Watch your back” while rushing to Jong Kook side to fence off the attempt, the leader changed target instead and aimed at Seong-Im, the leader’s sword slashed the side of Seong-Im’s rib cage but it was stopped from getting deeper by Jong Kook’s sword. Jong Kook’s turned around and sliced off the leader’s hand in his anger.

 

“I thought I already told you, we meant no harm!” he barked at the leader, while holding Seong-Im in his arm. He turned towards Seong-Im, “Are you ok?” he asked. Seong-Im nodded before he fainted. Jong Kook quickly scooped him up, signaling both Hee Gun and Dong-hoon to follow him. Hee Gun and Dong-hoon (after treatment) were to rush back to their teacher to report what had happened, while Jong Kook looked after the injured Seong-Im.

 

Jong Kook had managed to stop Seong-Im from bleeding, but now he need to cleanse the wound and applied medication on the wounds. He had instructed the inn to help him prepare warm water for the cleaning. His heart was all squeezed together the moment Seong-Im was injured, and now looking at Seong-Im on the bed, he felt worse than getting injure himself. He tore away Seong-Im outer garment, they were already tattered from the fight, he removed the inner garment more carefully as they were now plastered on the wound, once he succeeded in removing the garment away from the injured area, he tore the rest away.

 

To his surprise, there was another piece of garment on Seong-Im’s chest, did Seong-Im injured himself without him knowing? He quickly proceed to remove the garment and he blushed as the sight unfolded. His only thought were to quickly clean the wounds and applied the medication. Then he covered Seong-Im up with a blanket, while he took care of Seong-Im. Seong-Im temperature rose as his body fighted to heal the wounds that was inflicted on him, the whole night Jong Kook sat beside him, trying to keep the temperature down. The inn helper had helped him brew a medicine that was effective against fever but when he tried to feed Seong-Im, he found that Seong-Im could not drink on his own. There was only one way he could think off to force the medicine down Seong-Im’s throat, he slowly wet Seong-Im’s lips with the medicine and little by little, Seong-Im “drank” the medicine.

 

The sun slowly rose from the east, the rays gently woke Seong-Im. She stirred and Jong Kook immediately opened his eyes.

 

“Are you ok?” he asked concernedly.

 

“Just a bit weak, but i am alive.” Seong-Im spoke softly, still weak from his injury, he found that he had no garment on, his face redden. “Whaaaattttt … What happennnnned tooo mmyyyy cloooothheesss” he stubbered.

 

“I had to remove it to help you with medication,” an equal red Jong Kook replied, he scratched his neck, “I immediately covered after I am done. I sweared.”

 

“Mmm oookkkk, yyyouuu haaad tooo heelp me.” Seong-Im was at a lost, his secret was out.

 

“If I knew you were a girl, I would had asked someone to help.” Jong Kook said. “I am sorry.”

 

“It’s ok, Hyung, I knew you wanted to help me.” Seong-Im replied, somewhat relief, she did not have to hide anymore. “You are the first to know my secret. I guessed now I would tell teacher too. It seemed right.”

 

“Yeah, you should.” agreed Jong Kook, smiling tenderly at her. “You wanted to eat anything, I have some warm porridge here.” she nodded her head, Jong Kook went over to her, wanted to help her sit up. She accepted the help, Jong Kook passed her one of his garment as it would be enough to cover her modesty but big enough to avoid her wounds.

 

Jong Kook fetched the bowl of porridge but her hands were too weak now to hold on to the bowl. “Let me feed you.” Jong Kook offered.

 

“I can eat on my own.” she said, feeling herself turning red from head to toes.

 

“I think it is easier. Open your mouth.” Jong Kook insisted to help, so she accepted. He slowly fed her with tender loving care, after the porridge, he appeared with another bowl of medicine. Seong-Im could smell the offensive odour. “Now for your medicine.”

 

“But it smell awful and i bet it tasted equally bad too.” she said.

 

“But you will get heal faster. Be good ok, just three more bowls and I won’t force you to drink anymore” Jong Kook tried to console her.

 

“Three more, that’s too much. Two?” she tried to bargain for lesser, Jong Kook shook his head.

 

“I promise you will get your favourite sweet after the medicine ok.” he lingered some sweets in front of her. She conceded and drank the medicine up.

 

“Now, I need to apply the medicine on you. I will go get someone.” Jong Kook stood up, wanting to get one of the helpers to help.

 

“Hyung,” an embarrassed Seong-Im said. “You had already seen it and now with me awake, I think it would be ok that you do it. I don’t want another person to see me.”

 

“Ok, I turned my back, call me when you are ready.” Jong Kook turned over, he was nervous.

 

“Ok Hyung” Seong-Im gave the ok signal once she was ready. Jong Kook quickly applied the medication over her smooth skin, feeling her skin scotched his everytime they touched.

 

“I am done,” he turned again. “Now take a nap,” as he helped her lay down the bed. Jong Kook took great care of Seong-Im and in 2 weeks time, she had recovered fully and ready for their journey home. Jong Kook now knew that he had held special feeling for the woman, but he did not know whether Seong-Im felt the same.

 

Seong-Im had always known Jong Kook was special in her heart, she had treated the rest of her fellows as brothers but never could she treated him the same. Her heart would flutter when he was around, if he ever touched her, Her heart skip a beat then raced over time. When she heard Jong Kook volunteered for this mission, she wanted to come along to cover his back. Her skills and strength were not compatible to his but at least her intellect was.

 

She knew that would need to share room, from both cost and safety purposes, her only choice was Jong Kook, there was never any doubts. Staying with others only made her felt uncomfortable.

 

She looked at the confident man beside her, she wondered if he felt anything for her. He had taken great care of her the whole journey but then he had taken good care of everyone else too. She sighed inwardly.

 

“Are you worried about teacher?” he asked.

 

“ Yes..” and that too. She don't know what would happen to her when she appeared as a woman.

 

“I would be there for you, don't worry.” he gave her a hand a reassuring squeeze before letting go hurriedly. His warmth  lingered on her hands.

 

The trip back was slower  and they took their time drinking in the view, smelling the flowers and enjoying the food, Hee-Gun and Dong-Hoon had already sent messages that had reached the school well and Seong-Im and Jong Kook could returned when Seong-Im was well again. Seong-Im wanted to delay facing the music, she was enjoying Jong Kook’s company too, she had purposely changed into lady’s wear and then they would travel like a couple.

 

Jong Kook never voiced his disapproval,  he enjoyed been with Seong-Im like this, a pair of lover traveling around. He would stick to Seong-Im, glanced into her brown orbs, sharing their dreams. He would make her his wife, if she wanted to be. They would hold hands as if it the most natural things in the world. Staying in the same room had become their habit, Jong Kook would let her sleep inside while he protected her. They shared their views on everything, sometimes they would go into arguments on their differences, then laughed off their silliness.

 

Soon, they were going to reach the school, they sat by the lake, enjoying their last time together. He saw distress in her eyes, he firmly held her hands, “I will be by your side always and forever. Don’t you worry.”

 

Seong-Im felt her tears well up, tears of anxiety and happiness, she could see his love in his eyes, and his promise of companion had touched her core. “Hyung .. “ she gently called him, her tears slid down her cheeks. Jong Kook leaned over and kissed away her tears.

 

“Seong-Im, I love you.” Jong Kook vowed, “Whether teacher deemed you could not stay in the school, I wanted to marry you, to make you my wife if you allowed me too. There were no others for me other than you, my love. Will you be my wife.”

 

“Hyung, I love you too, I love you since I could remember, I wanted to be by your side. I so happy you loved me too.” Seong-Im could not be happier. Jong Kook pulled her close to him and his lips seek hers, she tasted so sweet and Jong Kook wanted to drink in more of her, he slowly use his tongue to push her lips open, then caressed her carvens using his tongue. Seong-Im moaned, totally immersed in their kiss.They broke off their kiss and Seong-Im layed on his chest trying to catch her breath. Jong Kook embraced her, satisfying that she was his.

 

The first thing they did when they reached the school, Jong Kook and Seong-Im stood in front of the teacher, explaining everything. The poor orphan girl had used a disguise to protect herself, and when she was adopted by teacher and his wife, she never changed her ways and continued to act and dress like a boy. She begged for forgiveness from the teacher.

 

“I knew, there are somethings older folks can tell, but I always forgot, when you are part of the boys.” teacher said, “Don’t feel bad. It was not a bad thing.”

 

“Teacher, I would also like to marry Seong-Im, please allow me too.” Jong Kook immediately asked for hand in marriage, teacher looked at them, and nodded.

 

“Well, it would not be others anyway. I grant you her hand, Jong Kook, took care of her well. Although Seong-Im was not our own, we had always treat her like our son, like we did you.” the teacher agreed. Both of them looked into each other eyes, feeling happy that they were going to be husband and wife soon.