Dates

Blank Ji and Kookie

“Oppa, let’s prove them wrong!” Jong kook was puzzled as he read the message from his phone.

 

“Prove what?” He asked.

 

“Let’s prove to them you are able to get marry, and not when you get older.” Jong Kook’s brow rose, he could not catch what was she trying to say or imply. He picked up his phone and call her.

 

“Oppa, we must not let them think you could not get marry.” her voice sounded very determined.

 

“Who?” he had an idea what she talking about, but who to prove to. His heart was beating slightly faster, was she going to help him?

 

“Your dragons’ brothers and their wives for one, the audiences who watched the show for another. How can they think of you as such.” she said in a huff.

 

Jong Kook had to smile, it was like her to stand up for him,

 

“Well, it’s true I am single, and one of the last few in the club. One who havnt have a single special someone for 5 years. I can see why they think that of me.” he said, although he did not add in, he was waiting for a signal from the person on the other side of the phone. For her to tell him, she liked him too.

 

“No, but it’s not true, you could get anyone you wanted.” she said. Jong Kook’s heart missed a beat, did that include her as well. “And they said you are a GAY!! Come on,” she grew angrier. “Let’s get you a girlfriend, in fact, that’s plan your wedding!”

 

“Woah! Ji Hyo ya! Where do i get a bride who going to marry me in such a short while!!” Jong Kook could feel his heart breaking up, she wanted to get him a girlfriend! What a joke, he had thought she had felt for him and he only could felt pain in his heart.

 

“Oppa, I have plenty of girl friends who want to know you. I just did not introduce, you know, it’s not like you need my help for this kind of things, there are always plenty of girls around you. But people issuing such an insult to you, i cannot stand it. Oppa, my friends are all great people.” she tried to get him to agree with her plan, she hated people to think badly about Jong Kook, the Oppa she admired most, and care deeply about. He had always took care of her and now it was her turn to take care of him.

 

“Thanks, Ji Hyo ya, but really i don’t mind.” if I could not get the girl I love, then I rather to be single. “I am just fine the way I am.”

 

“No, Oppa, listen to me. Just take it a chance to know more people, my friends would love to meet you. I will accompany you too, don’t worry.” Jong Kook listened to the excited woman, his heart were continuously been stabbed by her kind words, he did not want to let her down but yet he did not want to go out with any other woman.

 

“Ji Hyo ya, it’s too sudden. I had been out of the dating circle for so long, I am not sure .. not sure what to do anymore.” he trying to talk himself out of it.

 

“It’s that what you are worrying about? Oppa, then considered your problem solve! We will go on trial dates together till you are ready.” she suggested after considering for a while.

 

Jong Kook nearly dropped his phone, he was lost, going out with her on trial dates, that sounded too good to be true and too cruel but he could not refuse, even if his heart were going to be in zillions of pieces after this, he would do it, like moth flying towards fire, “Really, you would show me how to date! Ok, I am in.” he said excitedly. “Ji Hyo ya, Oppa is very serious about this, please tell me this is not a joke.”

 

“Oppa, of course, I am serious about helping you.” the woman tried to stable her voice, she was slightly displeased by the man’s excited voice about her helping him with his future dates. She sighed, she had loved this block of wood for too long, and totally displeased about his name been tarnished. Even if it meant she would be totally heart broken for ever, she would help him, help him find a girl and get marry. At least … at least, she got to date him first, she could felt herself beam over her stupid idea, well at least he would be hers for a while.

 

The two person put down their phone, hearts beating faster, both felt excited able to date each other. They went back to their room to look through their wardrobes, finding something nice for their first dates. Like exciting teens, they looked through every single piece of clothing they have and rejecting every single one. They decided they needed to shop for new clothes as they laid on their beds.

 

He felt he, at least, needed to come up with time, date and location of their first date. Maybe some places she would like, an idea came into his mind and a smile hanged on his lips as he closed his eyes to rest for the night.

 

First thing he woke up, was to text Ji Hyo, “Let’s visit somewhere special for our trial date, how about tomorrow. I have no schedule.”

 

When she woke up and saw his message, she smiled. “OK, oppa, I am free too.”

 

They were both in a super good mood that day, excited to be able to be going out together. The first thing they did when their schedule ended is to rush to the shops to pick up some new wardrobes. Jong Kook ended up carrying a lot of plastic bags home. His mum’s jaw nearly dropped, but once she regained her senses, she quickly checked whether her son was sick.

“What are you doing Omma.” Jong Kook tried to turn his head away when his mum’s hand reached for his forehead.

 

“Is the clothes sponsor?” His mum asked, Jong Kook shook his head. “Then you bought them all.” Jong Kook nodded. “Are you sure you are not sick?”

 

“Omma, I just felt like having something new in my closet.” Jong Kook tried to explain while his mum gave him a knowing look.

 

“Ok, if you said so.” and she disappeared back into her room. Jong Kook gave a relief sigh and quickly went into his room and now he had to choose the perfect clothes for tomorrow date.

 

Ji Hyo was not much better, she must have brought half of the shop she usually shop in, she practically choose something for every event she could think of. She quickly picked up the ones she wanted to wear tomorrow and kept the rest. She was feeling too excited to sleep but in moments, she drifted to dreamland.

 

Morning came, Jong Kook’s alarm went off, he rush to his gym after a quick breakfast. The gym managed to calm his over excited nerves. He went home after a 2 hours session feeling refresh and energetic. “Sleeping princess, are you awake?” he messaged Ji Hyo, he had wondered whether is it too much, but hey it a pretend date, and dates give each other nickname, and he like to call her Sleeping princess for one.

 

Ten minutes later, a message came back, “Oppa, how can anyone reply when they are sleeping. But you message woke me up. Keke, i am up.”

 

“Great! Have your breakfast, I will be coming over to pick you up in half hour time.” Jong Kook had finished his shower and put on the new clothes he planned yesterday. He the music in his car and sang to whatever tunes came online. The weather outside matched his mood, he had also took the liberty of packing some water and snacks for both of them. His first view of Ji Hyo, his heart stopped. Dressing in a cute white dress with pink frills, she was just a perfect picture, she seldom wore so sweetly but it fitted her.

 

She climbed into the car when the car came to a stop, Jong Kook protested. “I wanted to open the door for you.”

 

“I am a big girl now, oppa. I can do things like opening the door.” she retorted but yet feeling sweet that he wanted to do that.

 

“Let me help with the seatbelt then.” Jong Kook was not taking no for an answer, he had not done it for a very long time, he leaned over Ji Hyo carefully, he caught a wiff of her sweet perfume, he quickly took the seat beat and help Ji Hyo fasten up. His face were all red, he could not help it, he was in close proximity with her.

“You are doing great, Oppa.” Ji Hyo tried to say something to calm her heart, she was staring at his lips when he was trying to reach for the seatbelt, they looked so good and she was tempted to kiss it. “You had treated your ex like this?” Jong Kook nodded and she was both envy and jealous of his past and future girlfriends. Jong Kook did not add that he would not do it on first date, but she was different, he wanted to treat her like the most precious thing he could ever have right from the start.

 

“Oppa, where are we going?” she asked, trying to get rid of her negative feelings.

 

“Somewhere you like to go on dates” he answered, she looked at him.

 

“Really, let me guess, the aquarium?” she guessed correctly, Jong Kook pouted.

 

“That’s not fun!” he said.

 

“But i really wanted to go there for dates but none of my ex like it. I am so happy!!” she was grinning like a fool. yeah , they went to aquarium a number of time in running man but this was different, just both of them, alone on a date.

 

“Really, you like it so much?” he was glad to be the first to bring her there as a date. They were slowly forgetting that this was a trial date and taken the date very seriously. Jong Kook held Ji Hyo’s hand when they walked into the aquarium. Both of them had masks on, afraid people would pick them up. There was not much people in the aquarium but they walked close to each other, whispering. At places they liked, Jong Kook took up his phone and took selfies of both of them.

 

“Are you hungry?’ he asked.

 

“A bit” Jong Kook bring her to a dark corner and he took out the snacks he had prepared. Ji Hyo squealed with delight, some of her favourite snacks were there. “Oppa! You are a dear.” Jong Kook opened up her snacks and water before handing them over to her. She gave him a sweet smile, she just loved to be taken care by him. After they completed the aquarium, he took her for a late lunch. It was a cafe, opened by one of his friends, he was offered a private room and they  were able to enjoy their lunch in privacy. They talked and laughed and time passed quickly. Their late lunch ended after dinner time. Ji Hyo had an early appointment the next day so Jong Kook sent her back to rest early.

 

Jong Kook sent her up to her apartment, not willing to end the date so soon. Her hand felt so right in his, but her door was just to near. He hesitated for a while, then he lifted her face up and gave her a peek on her forehead before quickly shouting a good bye to her and disappeared down the stairs. Ji Hyo was stunned at the sudden kiss, it came too fast and ended too soon, but his warm soft lips had left a imprint and she could still feel his warm. Her heart was bursting with happiness and she too disappeared behind her door.

Jong Kook was beating overdrive from the short kiss, she didnt show displeased! Jong Kook smiled. “Have a good night sleep, love Oppa.” he sent the message to her.

 

“Drive safely and good night, love. Text me when you are home.” was her reply. Jong Kook did not want to know if this was something she make up for their trials, he was totally immersed in this relationship. Break up was never his option.

 

They spent their free time texting each other, even in running man’s recording, they would purposely touch or catch each other’s eye. The rest of the running man had noticed the changes in the two of them but could not point a finger what is happening, but they hoped for the best for the two of them, they did deserve each other.

 

Their second date, Jong Kook brought her to a funfair and they screamed loudly on each of the adventurous and scary ride. Jong Kook felt his stomach nearly took somersaults with the rides, ji Hyo, on the other hand, looked bright eyed and happy. Jong Kook just wanted her to be happy and accompany her to every ride she wanted.

 

The third date, Ji Hyo wanted to go to somewhere Jong Kook loved, and apparently the first choice waw the gym, she accompany him to the gym and she needed that too.. She loved to exercise along side with him, he taking care of her and she looking at how his body exercise. She was drooling after his fabulous physics. God, she was not going to let other women owned that body, it was hers!

 

Their fourth date, they ended up along the han river, staring at the stars and moons, listening to the wind and river concert, talking about everything under the sun. He prepared a mat and they laid down on some secluded spot, eating fruits and drinking water, enjoying each other company.

 

Their fifth date, they went on biking and waveboarding. The warm sun and gentle winds left them hungry, they fulfilled their hunger in a nice place Ji Hyo love. Their eyes had only each other and everyone else is just someone.

 

Everyone noticed the changes to both of them, they were radiating love. Thier managers kept quiet, their management companies kept quiet, their friends kept quiet, their families kept quiet, the running man kept quiet too, waiting for the time to be right.

 

They went on with their dates, forgetting about the trials, they were on actual dates, like two people courting and loving each minute of it.

 

One of her friends just return from abroad messaged her one day, “Ji Hyo, i heard you were going to introduce girl friends to Kim Jong Kook! I wanted to know him, can you help to arrange a date with him.” Ji Hyo could not explain her feeling, it was a mix of jealousy, anger and anxiety. She was suddenly been thrown into reality, the reality that were just practicing and not going on the real date, sure Jong Kook always kissed her on her forehead after their dates, each kiss getting slightly longer, but not once on the lips and not once he had said those three words. Her heart seized up, maybe, he did not love her, he was just using her as practise. Those dates were lies actually. Tears dropped from her eyes, it was slowly at first then it burst into a waterfall. Their four months together were lies.

 

That night, she ignored all his messages,  she could not answered anyone of them, she had enough as his practise girl friends and now she must do what she had intended to do in the first place, introduce him a girlfriend so that he can marry… her heart could not take the hurt anymore and she cried herself to sleep.

 

Jong Kook was getting worried, she was not answering his messages or calls, it had never happened in the four months they were together. The first thing he woke up was to rush to her house, pressing the door bell frantically. No one came to answer the door, he panicked and called her manager. She had a early schedule, her manager had reported and he sighed with relief but yet, he did not know why she was ignoring him.

 

Finally a message came in the afternoon, “Oppa, i think you are ready to meet girls, our practices had gone well.” the message turned his blood cold, were all those dates just practises he wondered. They had seemed so real, he could almost felt her love for him but this message broke that fantasy.

 

He wanted to see her, “No, i am not ready. I need a last practise!” he pleaded.

 

“Oppa, no. I promised i would meet with both of you then you were on your own.” she answered, she did not want to prolong the process, she need plenty of time to heal her broken heart and seeing him with other women would break it up even more.

 

“Ok.” he could felt her forcefullness. At least, he got to see her one last time.

 

They met up in a private room in a restaurant, she introduce her friend to him, his eyes never left her and her eyes avoided him totally. Her friend felt something was wrong with the two, she could see who Jong Kook had liked, then she looked at Ji Hyo and sighed, that Ji Hyo was so dense, she thought. She quickly stood up, “Opps!! Jong Kook shi and Ji Hyo, I forget i needed to pick up my mum from the airport and she had just arrived. I needed to rush off! Bye!” and she ran off.

 

Jong Kook was relief, now it was just the two of them, he needed to make it right, he did not want to meet other women, he just needed her. “Ji Hyo..” he started.

 

“Oppa, I needed to go too. I am sorry, i would make it right the next time.” she said.

 

“No, i wanted to make it right now", he held on to her, embracing her into his hug. “Please don’t ignore me. There was and will not be any woman i wanted to meet, i had already met the perfect girl, i wanted her to be my girlfriend, my fiancée, my wife. I love her so much there cannot be a someone else, even if she did not love me, i will still love her.” he felt her tears on his arm, he gently turned the woman to face him.

 

“Ji Hyo ya, those four months, those dates, those courtship just proved to me you are the one. Last week was hell to me, when you ignored me and asked me to meet others. I appeared because you were here, not because i wanted to know her. Ji Hyo, i had never said this once during our dates, because, there was this large part of me i could not take your rejection but now i wanted to tell you, I love you, i love you so much that i just wanted to tell you even if you dont love me back, I just wanted you to hear at least once from me. Ji Hyo ya, do you love me?” he asked, bracing himself for the worse.

 

The woman was crying, he could felt his chest getting wet. Her tears to him only say one thing, she did not love him and it was freezing his heart. He felt his tears welling up, no, he could not give her more pressure, if she did not love him, then it is ok, she should not be burden by it.

 

Ji Hyo, on the other hand, could not believe her ears, he loved her! He really loved her, those dates were real and not practise, her happy tears could not stopped flowing, he loved her. She tried to snuggle closer to him, she wanted to tell him she loved him too.

 

Before he can say anything, “Oppa,” she said in her muffled voice. “Really? You loved me, it not some kind of joke you think up?”

 

“Ji Hyo, i will not jest something like this.” a ray of hope shone in the darkness he felt.

 

“Oppa, I ….. I …. I love you too, Oppa.” Jong Kook felt his heart melting, with those 3 words.

 

“You loved me too, Ji Hyo? You really do?” he tried to confirm his answered. He gently lifted her face and stared into her eyes. “Ji Hyo, I love you, i love you a lot.”

 

‘Jong Kook, I love you too.” The darkness were cleared by their expression of love, both were surprised the other love them and returning their love.

 

Jong Kook bent his head a bit and placed his warm lips on hers, drinking in her sweetness. She slightly opened and he gently marking her as his.

 

“Ji Hyo, please be my girlfriend,” he asked when they broke off their kiss.


“Oppa, I am already was.” she answered sweetly.

"Oppa" she said, after holding hands with him for some time, "I still wanted you to get marry, to prove them wrong."

"Ok. I will marry you." Jong Kook answered. 

"Oppa! seriously." 

"I just answered seriously, yes to your proposal. I know I should be the one who ask, but my Ji Hyo is special." he smiled as he watched the woman blushed from head to toe. "There is no one else I can marry except you." she nodded. yes, he was the only choice for her too!