His crush

Blank Ji and Kookie

Jong Kook blushed as he saw Ji Hyo glanced towards him. His heart thumped uncontrollably, she always had such effects on him. He looked down and tried to distract himself by talking to Haha and Gary, even jesting and bickering with Jae Suk. He thought he had already gotten used to women, but Ji Hyo was different, only she could tug his heart strings.

 

He smiled as she spoken something wrong and the rest , he laughed along. He liked the current distance they had, somewhat far and yet she at the closest distance he could ever get.

 

Half a year later, “I wanted to be a team with Jong Kook Oppa,” tears flowed from her big brown eyes. His heart winced, he shouldn’t have made her cry. Her wish was granted, she was a team with him in the next episode. PD requested both of them to come earlier, in the room, when the PD was explaining, her eyes lit up and she screamed with delight. He smiled, looking at her adoringly. They went through the first half of the mission, he helped his kids obtained the running ball, she was teamed up with Joong Ki and Kwang Soo and they lost their missions.

 

Finally, they were teamed up together, the PD had requested them to film a short, Jong Kook felt embarrassed but still gone through with it. She was smiling all the way. “Oppa, helped me, I wanted to win,” she said, her eyes shone with determination.

 

“Ok,” he promised. “You really want to win, do you?” he looked at the woman nodded her head with certainty. He extended his hand and she firmly held his. “Ok, I promise you. We will make use of the walkie talkie, you look for them and tell me their location. I will hunt them.” he smiled, “We will start with those without running ball first.”

 

“Ok, Oppa” she nodded furiously.  

 

“I will you get your running ball and those without would sure get punished.” he said.

 

They worked together perfectly, eliminating those without running balls then those with. She finally won her running ball, and  her happiness shone through. He knew it was because she had proven her worth and also they had been termed as the strongest team ever.

 

That was a turning point for them, she had been calling him Hyung and now he was Oppa. Their closest distance used to be 5 person in between, now they could standing side by side. They were still a bit shy but their distance was getting closer and closer.

 

They were assigned again on the same team, she was their princess, he had to carry her to safety. She was  as light as feather on her back, and he just loved it and tingled ran through his spine when she leaned completely on him, completely relaxed. She took care of both of them, feeding them food but he couldn’t say his heart didn’t beat quicker when her fingers touched his lips briefly. He was both relief and regretted when the game was over. Although they had lost again, he was still all way behind his princess.

 

When they were made to cross the wobbly bridge on the water, he was especially since balancing wasn’t his strength. He did not want him to fall into the water. Suk Jin dropped her a couple of time and she was dripping wet. She took care not to wet him too, his back was already in pain and making it wet was definitely not good. But thanks heaven, they did not lose this round.

 

At the third round, he gave it all, he was the only one left and he saw the regret and disappointment in her eyes. It was tough convincing others to work with him, he was after all the , strongest member in running man. Finally, he defeated the “monster” and won the match! He was so happy that he presented Ji Hyo with the golden nametag when the PDs gave him his reward, a ring. He just had to kneel down and gave Ji Hyo the ring. All the rest were in awe with his gesture especially Ji Hyo, her eyes shone too brightly and her smile was just too happy.

 

They grew closer after that, Ji Hyo would look for him if she was frustrated, she would look for him if  she was sad, she would look for him when she was bored, she would look for him when she was happy. They would at least have a get together once a week, sometimes with the running man, sometimes just the two of them.

 

His heart had paused the moment she told him of her good news, someone had confessed of loving her, she was thinking whether to accept the person’s love. He felt his heart pain when he told her she should try, to grab the happiness she deserved. She accepted his suggestion. A week later, when they met up again, she told him they were now a couple. There was no description of what he felt, jealousy, self-pity, pain ran through him, he thought he had already prepared himself for the worst but apparently, the reality still hurt him, he squeezed out a smile and congratulated her.

 

Their weekly meeting continued, but it was shorter than it was before. His heart is regretful but yet whenever he saw her happy smile, he felt happy too. He knew they would grow apart but he was happy she found the right person.

 

Her face was solemn one day in their meeting, she was unhappy. He didn’t ask, he just sat beside her, accompanying her the whole night. She sat there, the calm and peacefulness she felt made her trouble seem distant, she could analyze it more objectively. As she thought through her problem, sorting her options, the night grew deeper. Finally, she had made a decision and her eyes grew heavy, she fell asleep in her haven. Her asleep body fell towards him, he let her rest on his shoulder, he can smell the sweet scent of her shampoo. He felt her grew heavier and decided to bring her back home to rest. He carried her in his arms, she felt so lighter than before, his heart winced at her plight, maybe he shouldn’t have even make the suggestion. He placed her into his car and drove her to her house. “Ji Hyo, Ji Hyo, wake up..” he gently tapped on her face. She murmured something, “Ji Hyo Ji Hyo…”

 

“Oppa..” she murmured.

 

“Ji Hyo … Ji Hyo…” she just continued to sleep.”Ji Hyo yah,” She didn't reply, he sighed and got out of the car. It was cold, he took off his jacket and opened her side of the door. He quickly wrapped her in his jacket before carrying her in his arms. Perhaps it was cold, she snuggled closer to him. He smiled, feeling the ball of warmth in his arms. The way to her door was too near, he keyed in her passcode, he turned into her room and gently placed her onto the bed. He wanted to remove his jacket but she tightly grasped the jacket as he pulled it off. He let go and she pulled the jacket closer. He pulled her blanket to cover her but she rejected it and just hugged his jacket closer instead. He smiled and left the jacket with her. Her apartment was still as clean as he remembered it. He left for the night.

 

He got a message the next day afternoon, “Oppa, why is your jacket with me,” she asked.

 

“Don’t tell me you just wake up?’ he replied.

 

“Yeah, it was nice and comfortable, Oppa, I returned your jacket next time ok?”

 

“Ok, wanna come out for .. “ he looked at his watch, “tea?”

 

“Yes! Oppa, your treat?”

 

“Yeah. I should reach in 15 minutes. I just finished my workout.” He walked to his car and started the engine.

 

“OK.” she rushed to prepare and then out of the house. She had no intention to return his jacket and convenient forgot about it. They met, he chose a restaurant which he knew she would like, he ate happily, filling up her stomach with the meals she missed. When she was finally satisfied, he sent her home.

 

“Oppa, I had made up my mind and going to tell him.” Ji Hyo said. “Root for me ok?”

 


“Fighting Ji Hyo” he grasped her hand to give her more strength.

 

She smiled,  “Thanks,” she paused. “It looked cold outside.”

 

Jong Kook quickly took off his jacket and handed it to her. “Thanks, Oppa,” she put it on and left the car.

 

Three days later, “I told him already and we are done.” she messaged him.

 

He quickly picked up his phone to call her, “Are you ok?” he asked.

 

“Yeah, I am not as sad as I think,” she said her voice filled with relief. She was hugging his jackets, feeling his warmth and inhaling the faint smell of his perfume.

 

“You know I am always here for you. Want to spend some time out tomorrow?” he asked.

 

“Ok. Oppa, you know what he said, he said I never love him.” she paused. “I felt I never did too, after feeling only relief and happiness of leaving him. But he was still a good friend though and I felt apologetic for agreeing to be a couple."

 

“Ji Hyo..” he did not know what to say. He decided to take her to the aquarium to look at fishes that she loved so much.

 

He picked her up, then spent the time as he had planned. They spent a happy day together and she felt happier at the end of the day. She never felt this way when she was dating her ex.

 

He was happy, to spend time with her. It was like the old days but much better.  He knew he was getting addicted to their relationship,  and the addiction is making him protective and selfish.  He did not like her to hang out with other males v. He did not like her saying other males was more handsome and better thank him.  He wanted her eyes and heart for Jim and him alone and that scared him.  If he lost her again, he did not know what he would do.

 

Half a year past,  everyone else found the pair getting closer and closer. Yet,  both if then trying very hard to act as normal. Although both of them denied their relationship,  Jong Kook knew he could not do it anymore.  It was too hurtful to hear from her and he can't deny his feeling anymore.

 

He started to formulate a plan, one to make her his. It needed to be plan out carefully, one that at least made sure he would still be her friend if all else fail. He didn't want her to walk out of his life, it will be too lonely.

 

He started to treat her differently, differently from all the woman, differently from all the people. If he treated other people good, he treated her 100 times better, so much so other running men will grow jealous and commented on the treatment they didn't receive. He just needed her to know she was special.

 

She started to treat him differently too, as if she knew what he wanted. When he initiated skinship, she not only didn’t shy away, she would get closer, She would challenge him to things he never thought off, showing even the viewers they were not just simply siblings, but more possibilities. Even if PD cut their scene off, Jong Kook could still remember vividly what she had done.

 

Hugging him, that was her favorite, every time they met, she would hug him, melting into his embrace. She would only agree to his jackets. Sometimes, she would even bring them home and return a few weeks later. She would eat his things, from his bowl, sharing his food. Drinking from the same straw was something second nature to them.

 

Sometimes he thought, she must be telling him something. Something he had wished for,  the hints they were dropping were killing the others, they were too obvious. He finally mustered enough courage, he texted her “Ji Hyo, gym?”

 

“Ok. now?”

 

‘Yeah, an hour later, same place?”

 

“Ok. See you Oppa” Ji Hyo rushed over, Jong Kook had managed to clear out the people in the gym, by the time she arrived, he was the only one left. He smiled warmly at the woman, helping her with the things, placing it the locker. She went to change into gym wear.

 

“What should we do first?” she asked.

 

“Maybe warm up then running?” he checked.

 

They warmed up side by side, he using the last minute chance to gather whatever courage he needed. Her eyes seemed to be expecting something,

 

He swallowed his saliva ,”Actually,i.. “ he took a deep breath. “Please me my girlfriend.”  his eyes filled with his wish, his hands reached out for hers. She didn’t move away but grabbed firmly instead.

 

“You are asking me in the gym?” she asked, her eyes challenging him.

 

“There’s no other more perfect place for us. We are the strongest couple, if you are my girlfriend, we will be spending maybe at least quarter of our dating time here too, with our schedule and my need to exercise. I cannot lie to you.” she nodded understandably, he had always been a truthful man.

 

“And ?” she wanted to hear some more sweet things from his mouth. Maybe she won't get to hear it for very long time.

 

“I promise you to act cute for you,” his fingers went to his mouth.

“I promise you to listen”

“I promise you to try not to get too jealous.” she smiled.

“I promise you to not nagged at you at least once a month if you ate unhealthily.”

“I promise you to not nagged at you if you have one cup of coffee.”

“Mmm, I will write everything down and update whenever I remember!”

 

The promises are practical and yet sweet at the same time like him. Her heart filled with the sweetness.

 

“Ok, Oppa.”

 

“Really?” he confirming again.


“Yes, Oppa. I will make my promises too, to be fair.” Her hands s around his neck and pulled his lips toward hers.

 


Sorry people! I will proofread next time. ><