My fellow (1 of 2)

Blank Ji and Kookie

Seong-im’s sword pointed at Jong Kook’s face, while Jong Kook lied on  the ground. Jong Kook gave him a surrendered look.

 

“surrender?” seong-im asked.

 

“Yes, for this match and you cheated again.” Jong Kook rolled his eyes as Seong-im extended his hands and helped him out.

 

“Well, you can't expect everyone to be like you, and I am not stronger than you. If I don't cheat, how am I going to win you?” she had to make her case.

 

Jong Kook chuckled, “Then let's play for real” he leaped up and grabbed his sword. “No, that’s not fair.” Seong-im said while he defended himself from Jong Kook. They did another rematch, this time Jong Kook won fair and square.

 

“I have enough for today. Teacher will be looking for us to teach the rest.” Seong-im surrendered, he could never win Jong Kook if Jong Kook decided not to give him an advantage or he cheated. They walked back to the school, both of them were seniors in the school and one of their duties beside practise their art was to help their juniors practice theirs. There were seven of them, but frankly he was the closest to this man beside him. Their teacher was a renowned martial arts expert that was greatly respected by fellow people in the field. He had taught them well and they too had mastered his arts and his character.

 

Kim Jong Kook and Yoo Jae Suk were the ones that had mastered most if not all of the teacher’s arts and character, they now were on self learning on how to bring it to be on par with their teacher. Ji Suk Jin and Lee Kwang Soo had always took it easy, as long as the teacher happy, they were happy. Ha Dong-hoon and Kang Hee Gun were the rivals but yet best buddy, they were fight to the end then sat down together and got drunk, and he, Cheon Seong-Im, had a secret.

 

He sighed, his secret weighted heavily in his heart, but yet he found it hard to share with anyone. The time was not ripe, he thought. He and Jong Kook stepped into the ever noisy school, in the court yard, hundreds of students were learning martial arts, some to just strengthen their body, a few wanted to use it to gain fame. Jae Suk signaled to them and they hurried to instructed along side with him. At the end of the day, they went into the dining halls. The seven of them sat at their usual tables,  Dong-hoon and Hee Gun as usual was arguing about something. Kwang Soo been the youngest was preparing the table and Seong-im joined him. The three oldest were discussing about some schedules.

 

“Teacher wanted us to bring something to Tong Sect.” Jae Suk said. “He had indicated it might be dangerous,” the rest stopped and listened. “I am thinking I should go instead.” As usual, Jae Suk wanted to take on the dangerous takes himself.

 

“Hyung, in case you forgot, it's my turn.”Jong Kook voiced his opinion. Jae Suk worried too much and he was much needed at the school.

 

“But …” Jae Suk was still not sure, putting others in dangerous spot, was just not his thing,

 

“I needed my share of fame and it's my turn.” Insisted Jong Kook, his tone suggested no argument.

 

“Ok,” resigned Jae Suk. “But bring someone along.”

 

“Bring me.” Seong-im volunteered.

 

Jong Kook shook his leader. “No, you stayed.” He did not like the idea of exposing Seong-Im to danger.

 

“It's my turn too” he pointed out, “it’s our turn.” Jong Kook glared at him and he glared back. The atmosphere tensed up, Seong-Im was one of the few that dared to oppose the man. He was worried about Jong Kook and wanted to help on his mission.

 

“Let's eat first. Hungry men are angry men” Jae suk tried to ease of the tension. The seven of them sat down and had their dinner. It was the teacher decision to let Jong kook, Seong-Im, Dong-hoon and Gun Hee to go for this mission. They set off the very next day, Jong Kook had carefully sewed the document into one of his garments in his bag, they pretended they were to visit Dong-hoon’s parents.

 

 Dong-hoon and Gun Hee as usual could find something to argue about, Jong kook and Seong-Im were following silently behind.

 

“You should have stay behind.” Jong Kook murmured under his breathe.

 

“My skills are good, you know it.” Seong-im defended. “Why can't I join the mission. I’m even better than Dong-hoon sometimes!”

 

“That is not the point, it is still too dangerous for you.” Jong Kook did not know why but he was very protective of Seong-Im.

 

“Hyung, you know how good I am, why can’t you allow me to prove myself.” he argued, “I will not cause any problem or a burden to you.” he huffed, wanting to walk away when he felt a hand on his arm.

“You know I meant well, I just wanted you to stay safe.” Jong Kook paused. “You are not a problem or burden, you are my best friend.” Jong Kook soften his tone. “Don’t be angry, I need everyone on their toes.”

 

“Hyung,  I promised not to be rush.” Seong-Im too soften his tone. He did not to cause anxiety to his best friend too. He once again walked beside Jong Kook. Once with the thorn out of their system, they were on talking terms again, and the four of them relaxed. They reached their stop over as plan.

 

“Two rooms please,” Dong-hoon asked the inn keeper.

 

“I afraid I only left a 2 persons room with two bed and one with a big bed. “ the inn keeper replied.

 

“We will take the two beds room.” Dong-hoon and Hee Gun quickly said, leaving Jong Kook and Seong-Im with the one bed-room. Seong-Im was a bit uncomfortable that he needed to share a bed with Jong Kook, but then it would better with him then others.

 

They went into their room for the night, “I will sleep outside,” Jong Kook said.

 

“Ok, I will take the inside.” Seong-Im agreed. They prepared for the night and Seong-Im climbed into the bed and take his position. Jong Kook laid down beside him.

 

“This is the first time we slept together,” Jong Kook suddenly said.

 

“Yes,” Seong-Im felt his face blushed. “We never had the chance back at school. I moved a lot when I sleep. Do you move a lot when you sleep?” he asked.

 

“I don’t, I slept like a log. You snore?” Jong Kook checked, although he would not be affected, he still asked for fun, Jae Suk snored could wake the school up.

 

“I don’t, at least no one say so.” He grinned. “If I do, you will be the first one to know.” Seong-Im felt his eyelids grew heavy. He yawned. “I am tired and I need to sleep, good night Hyung,” he tried to create some space for Jong Kook. “See you tomorrow.”

 

“Good night.” Jong Kook too closed his eyes. The next morning, Seong-Im opened his eyes and found himself sleeping on Jong Kook, he immediately sat up and noticed Jong Kook was still sleeping. He sighed with relief and went back to his pillow, somehow, he missed the steady heartbeat of Jong Kook that had kept him accompany throughout the night. Jong Kook is snoring very lightly and he smiled, Jong Kook was like both a big brother and a little brother to him sometime.

 

“Hyung, wake up,” Seong-Im gently trying to wake the sleeping log.  Jong Kook started to utter some rubbish. Seong-Im giggled, pushing the man a bit harder until he opened his eyes.

 

“Why are you in my room.” the sleepy man said.

 

“Because this is our room, Hyung wake up, we need to continue our journey.” Seong-Im said, Jong Kook mind cleared and he got out of bed, they were suppose to meet Dong-hoon and Hee-Gun for breakfast before continuing their journey. Their journey went well for 2 weeks, it was normal and the four of them had even relaxed and acted like students on a field trip.

 

They reached their inn for the night, something in the air changed, it was filled with dangerous feel. Jong Kook tensed up and the other three could felt the difference. “Be careful,” he murmured under his breathe. They decided to stay in one room that night, Jong Kook and Seong-Im on one bed, Dong-hoon and Hee-Gun on the other. They had a restless night, on the morning after, they quickly left the inn after a simple breakfast.

 

Eyes seemed to be following them everywhere, they left the town but the eerie feeling never left them. Seong-Im had even seen a few of the followers.  

 

“What do you want?” Jong Kook asked to nobody.

 

“You should know, the document.” Someone replied, the four of them changed to defensive pose.

 

“I don’t know what are you talking about?” Jong Kook replied.

 

“Then let me find it!” suddenly a number of men run out and started attacking the four of them,  it was the first time Seong-Im engaged in fight, he was nervous at first, the men were slashing at them without mercy, he had to turn his body left and right to avoid been injured. Jong Kook had been defending himself and moved closer to Seong-Im to help him. Slowly, the fight grew to their favor, they had managed to injure enough of the enemies and now only left the leader.

 

“Why did you attack us?”  demanded Jong Kook.

 

“You should know the reason better!” Snared the leader.

 

“I don't know what are you talking about. Leave us alone.” Dong-hoon trying to reinforce that they were innocent.

 

“We had proved and we will come back for it!” He said before running away.

 

“Coward” , Hee gun commented, in rare instances, Dong-hoon agreed.

 

The four of them decided that it would too dangerous to stick together, they need disguises.  Jong Kook had already planned a contingency plan, it now time for plan B. They would create a diversion, at which Dong-hoon and Jong Kook would leave with the documents while Hee Gun and Seong-Im would stay behind. However, Dong-hoon had suffered an injury in his leg, it was impossible for him to travel fast given the urgency of the matter. “Then let me stay behind with Seong-Im while Hee-Gun Hyung and Jong Kook Hyung leave with the document. You would only need a day to go and back here, I think both of us would be able to hold the fort till you are back.” Dong-hoon suggested, he felt bad unable to accomplish the original plan.


Jong Kook gave it a thought, “Ok, Seong-Im, take care of Dong-hoon,” He and Hee Gun changed into pleasant clothes, and left the inn in the dark. They would need good speed and accomplished the mission, before anything happened to either Dong Hoon and Seong-Im.

 

(To be continue....)