Kind of

The Connection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hold on, I need to put on my shirt” I call to him as I finish up drying my hair with the towel, I watch as he calls over a passerby, confusion suddenly pummelling in my chest.

“Can you take a photo of us?” as I hear the words escape his mouth I go stiff, the middle age woman agrees much to my discomfort, she makes her way over holding Yoongi’s camera, her smile is innocent yet I feel as if she knows.

“Yoongi I said I need to put a shirt on!” I hiss at him whilst trying to keep my composure in front of my elders, I smile at the woman as she watches us.

“You don’t need to” He states simply as he puts his arm around my bare waist, my heart creates its own photo as it so desperately smashes against the walls of my chest, I can’t help but look up to him as the first photo is taken “Smile for me” he whispers, smiling at my flushed cheeks.

I try my best to smile towards the camera, despite how unnaturally close he is to me. Just as I was about to put my hand on his back his arm retracted away from me as if I was a walking poison, I felt a strange conflict slash against the four chambers of my heart.

I’m his makeup artist, I work with him. I repeat this to myself, trying to stop myself from being so conflicted by him.

“Thank You” He bows his head to the lady as she hands back his camera, she looks at me and purses her lips.

“You two are a very cute couple” She looks me directly in the eyes as she says this, a laugh instantly blurts from my mouth, I shake my head.

“I’m sorry, you must have misunderstood, we are not-“

“Thank you” Yoongi smiles at the woman before he leads me away, his hand almost digging into my back as I glare at him.

“Thanks?” I move away from him, swatting his hand away “What do you mean thank you? She will think we are dating you, idiot!”

I grab my shirt from the side and shove it over my head, I leave my shorts off and carry them out “It was easier to explain, I didn’t want to be there all day” He hissed back as he looks down to his camera.

“Easier to explain than being...what are we Yoongi?” I raise my eyebrow before I shove my shorts into his bag “The answer should be easy since I work with you” The last part comes out in a whisper as he lets his camera hang from its lanyard as he watches me.

“I don’t care,” He says simply “I’m thirsty, hungry and I doubt you know how to get back into the house”

I scoff at his crude answer and shake my head; I push my hand through my damp hair “So you expect me to follow you then?”

He shrugs as he begins to walk off, He begins looking through his camera again, I glare at his back and I am sure he can feel it. As much as it angers me; I know I have nothing else to do but follow him,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter